DeShawn Troutman, LB Orlando Edgewater ('21)

No you don’t. You take talent and talent every single time. You don’t take somebody who doesn’t have half the talent of somebody just because they’re developed more. That’s called settling.
Z, not saying I disagree with you(or the others for wanting Troutman), but let me ask you this: do you REALLY have faith in our defensive staff to teach, develop, & unleash a talented athlete that most likely will have to LEARN the linebacker position??? if you do, then court is adjourned...if not, then I think it would make MORE SENSE to get a player with experience at the position...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Z, not saying I disagree with you(the others for taking Troutman), but let me ask you this: do you REALLY have faith in our defensive staff to teach, develop, & unleash a talented athlete that most likely have to LEARN the linebacker position??? if you do, then court is adjourned...if not, then I think it would make MORE SENSE to get a player with experience at the position...
I mean you’re trusting them when it comes to taking kids like Brooks and Hammett who are edge guys that only fall into flat coverage and don’t do actual drops. This staff has to teach Hammett to play in coverage so why can’t they take an RB who already know the “find the hole, hit the hole” mentality but just needs to flip that mentality to defense? It’s not like they have to teach him how to play in coverage too...he’s already a safety.

I mean you’re trusting them when it comes to taking kids like Brooks and Hammett who are edge guys that only fall into flat coverage and don’t do actual drops. This staff has to teach Hammett to play in coverage so why can’t they take an RB who already know the “find the hole, hit the hole” mentality but just needs to flip that mentality to defense? It’s not like they have to teach him how to play in coverage too...he’s already a safety.
Respect ✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾 Let’s HOPE what you’re saying is exactly how it plays out....

Is the Poole kid being recruited as a LB or striker? Can you link me his film. @Zbrod95

He isn’t much on defense so you have to look for traits.

Advertisement
Troutman picked up a Kansas State offer this morning. That staff is pretty solid with their evaluations going back to NDSU.

Because he does. You’re talking about an undersized guy who uses instincts and needs weight over a guy who’s 6’0 225 that ran a 4.6 at 16 with a 39’ inch vert, is a 1500 yard RB, and is a safety so you know he can cover. You just take the “find and hit the hole” mentality and flip it to the LB side. Again I like Troutman and I think he can be productive but you don’t settle for him when you have a guy with first round pick measurables in front of you.
Let’s not fall in love with athleticism all the time. I understand where you’re coming from I wish we would take more athletic kids. But there was a dude that as a freshman had a higher spark score or right in the same neighborhood as this kid and he’s on our team and he’s a third string running back. Now I know he’s been injured but they have been times that he’s been healthy and still can’t crack a top two spot. I think you find a spot for that kid on our team it may or may not be linebacker. Now if this year this kid plays only linebacker and looks like a **** star then your question is answered.
If this kid games like 20 more pounds by the time you get on campus then you’re mine can really start to wonder where we can put them in. If this kid can get by the end of his freshman year like 260 then you’re talking about potentially having an Aaron Donald type of player on that line. If you see pictures of this kid you see that most of that weight is probably in his legs he doesn’t seem that filled out on top like some of our linebackers.

He isn’t much on defense so you have to look for traits.

Offense - has home run threat ability every time he touches the ball.

Defense - love how he’s not afraid to throw his body around. Can be taught how to tackle properly and he’s the type of player you can move around on the defensive side of the ball like Clemson did with Simmons and FSU did with Derwin James. Could be a striker/Sam/star or whatever they call it nowadays.

Advertisement
One of my guys right there but we’re too busy with JaCorey.

What's wrong with Ja'Corey?

Advertisement
What do you mean? @Kayone covers him and says he might not even be 6’0 200 pounds. I like the kid too, it not even like I don’t like Troutman. I’ve stated multiple times in this very thread that I do. Where did this come from out of you?
Nothing if we’re talking about edge guys. I’m not a fan of taking edge guys and telling them to play in space especially if we don’t know how athletic they are. Nothing against him, just the staff.
Agreed I think they should just take him as an edge guy, then add a blue chip DE recruit and leave it at that. He has a similar body type to trevon hill, but I think he is more athletic. He is also still very young and will keep growing into his body.

What's wrong with Ja'Corey?
Please don’t start this conversation again. Nothing is wrong with Hammett. Most of the rush ends in the county are undersized and move to backer in college. It’s been like that because most of the teams run the same 5-2 hybrid scheme. Now I will say that Hammett is what 16. It’s conceivable that he could grow a inch or 2. But 30 pounds would have him at 235 and he’s plenty athletic enough to play backer.

Advertisement
People aren’t watching what’s going on with the offense when they watch linebacker film. Troutman is figuring out where the **** ball is gonna go. That sht erases any 4.4 guy that is lost out there. Look at this play against Notre Dame where it was 3 and 3 and JJ ran towards the guy in motion before the ball was snapped. They couldn’t convert. I’ll take guys like that all day. It starts at the 29 minute mark. If JJ isn’t there to cause a delay in the option they convert that play.

That's how Safeties roll with motion, it ain't like JJ did that **** on his own.

Advertisement
Back