DeShawn Troutman, LB Orlando Edgewater ('21)

Advertisement
Advertisement
"I don't know details but I'm going to bring up and believe this accusation I won't bother linking and let ya'll know it". C'mon, Z.
Got it.

Now leave me alone Inday!

EB70B6B5-B977-4804-85FA-0713DEEB5C76.gif

Advertisement
So did I...and I got buddies playing in the league. I can tell you were coached in SFL.
No kid, you don’t pick the pass off. You make the smart play every time which would be to break up the pass. You don’t pick the pass because that’s not the smart play. If you can pick it while breaking up the pass then yes but your priority is to break up the pass...PERIOD.
There is EXACTLY 1 situation in which picking off a pass is not the primary intent of a defender when the ball is in the air. That 1 situation is on 4th down and youll get better field position by batting the ball down instead of picking it. In any other instance, your coach is going to have words for you for not picking off the ball.

Advertisement
There is EXACTLY 1 situation in which picking off a pass is not the primary intent of a defender when the ball is in the air. That 1 situation is on 4th down and youll get better field position by batting the ball down instead of picking it. In any other instance, your coach is going to have words for you for not picking off the ball.
Yea, no he’s not. Not one coach is going to have words with you for doing your job and deflecting a pass.

Advertisement
Yea, no he’s not. Not one coach is going to have words with you for doing your job and deflecting a pass.
You had some soft *** coaches then lol if you have a chance to pick the ball off and you just deflect it, my coaches would have chewed me out.

Which would invoke having your body in front of the ball...like I said.
My original point was that regardless, your priority as a defender with the ball in the air is to pick the ball off in every situation except one and that’s on 4th down if you’ll get better field position by just swatting it. By no means is a batted pass a bad thing but the way you worded it to me sounded weird so that’s why I said what I said.

I like the direction they're going with the LBs. Speed on top of speed. Hopefully it cuts down on missed tackles in space. Guys can run to the ball instead of being a step slow and lunging at tackles, especially with how the scheme leaves zones of the field open

Advertisement
Back