DeShawn Troutman, LB Orlando Edgewater ('21)

People aren’t watching what’s going on with the offense when they watch linebacker film. Troutman is figuring out where the **** ball is gonna go. That sht erases any 4.4 guy that is lost out there. Look at this play against Notre Dame where it was 3 and 3 and JJ ran towards the guy in motion before the ball was snapped. They couldn’t convert. I’ll take guys like that all day. It starts at the 29 minute mark. If JJ isn’t there to cause a delay in the option they convert that play.

Would you take Isaiah Simmons over a true LB prospect?

Advertisement
Hood is faster and more fluid in coverage. But troutman is definitely take worthy imo. Solid prospect day 1 special teams forsure
Hood isn’t that much faster than Troutman if he is, because Troutman has good speed. Hood is bigger though.

Last edited:
Y’all keep in mind playing ILB is about mindset as well. Troutman, has that mindset. By the time he gets to Miami campus I say he’s a legit, 6’1 215. Vilma (Not comparing him to Vilma) came to Miami at 180’s and balled because of his mindset. Troutman is a good prospect.

Advertisement
Would you take Isaiah Simmons over a true LB prospect?
I understand your pint. But your basing this on a result already known.
All I’m saying is that it’s false to say that troutman isn’t a linebacker or is slow. It’s hard to ignore the athleticism in Poole. But we also can’t assume
He will turn into Isaiah Simmons. Isaiah Simmons May be a product of Mexican Pharmaceuticals.
You can argue that a player that freakish should’ve been more productive. But that can be a result of how he was used.

I understand your pint. But your basing this on a result already known.
All I’m saying is that it’s false to say that troutman isn’t a linebacker or is slow. It’s hard to ignore the athleticism in Poole. But we also can’t assume
He will turn into Isaiah Simmons. Isaiah Simmons May be a product of Mexican Pharmaceuticals.
You can argue that a player that freakish should’ve been more productive. But that can be a result of how he was used.
I never said that, I like Troutman. What I’m trying to point out is how dumb the ideology behind it is. If you watch Isaiah’s tape you see an athletic guy but not a guy who ran 4.39 yet Clemson still took the athlete. You’re arguing to not take a safety that’s also a stud RB that ran a legit 4.6 with a 39’ inch vert at 16 weighing 209(and weighs 225 now) for a guy, even though he is a great LB prospect, who doesn’t have half his potential...

Have you even seen Jordan Poole’s tape?

Advertisement
Like brooks, cave, huff, Joyner, steed, wilder, etc? We will never give manny credit for believing in GR and pushing richt to take him
Right. Guys forget that Wilder got hurt in 2017 and Steed got hurt soon after getting back healthy. Pink and Shaq would've had guys pushing for their jobs which would've increased the competition level. Wilder was super athletic, like freaky athletic.

I hope you are right. From recent memory....Mike Smith, Terry McCray, and DeAndre Wilder ( I know, injury but point still remains) all just make me hesitate. Brooks much looser and more explosive athlete than those guys though and hopefully he plays up to it this year.
Right. Guys forget that Wilder got hurt in 2017 and Steed got hurt soon after getting back healthy. Pink and Shaq would've had guys pushing for their jobs which would've increased the competition level. Wilder was super athletic, like freaky athletic.
raw but a good athlete. People forget we flipped Joyner from FSU and espn had him as a 4 star

Advertisement
Yea, nice try. Being 3-4 edge guys isn’t an improvement. They’re never tasked to drop into actual coverage and only drop in flats because you don’t needs instincts to drop in flats.
And you don’t need instincts to just run around recklessly in hs and hit people

And you don’t need instincts to just run around recklessly in hs and hit people
But you need it to play in coverage which he does. A lot of those hits were because he broke on the football while in coverage.

Last edited:
I never said that, I like Troutman. What I’m trying to point out is how dumb the ideology behind it is. If you watch Isaiah’s tape you see an athletic guy but not a guy who ran 4.39 yet Clemson still took the athlete. You’re arguing to not take a safety that’s also a stud RB that ran a legit 4.6 with a 39’ inch vert at 16 weighing 209(and weighs 225 now) for a guy, even though he is a great LB prospect, who doesn’t have half his potential...

Have you even seen Jordan Poole’s tape?
Im not arguing not taking Poole amd didn’t mean to sound like I was referring to you about Troutmman. I also said hard to ignore the athleticism for Poole. Right now to me and my inexperienced eyes it’s hard to argue that Troutman isn’t a very good linebacker. It’s also very difficult to ignore a dude like Poole with that sparq score.
I think the bump happened cause he seems to finally set his mind on playing lb. But there doesn’t seem to be a lot of film on him playing that position.
I would use caution when using testing numbers to make a decision about an ILB.

Advertisement
Im not arguing not taking Poole amd didn’t mean to sound like I was referring to you about Troutmman. I also said hard to ignore the athleticism for Poole. Right now to me and my inexperienced eyes it’s hard to argue that Troutman isn’t a very good linebacker. It’s also very difficult to ignore a dude like Poole with that sparq score.
I think the bump happened cause he seems to finally set his mind on playing lb. But there doesn’t seem to be a lot of film on him playing that position.
I would use caution when using testing numbers to make a decision about an ILB.
My man, he’s a 1500 yard and talented Back. If he can use his instincts to cut and find holes to get to the second level then you can take those same instincts, use the same mentality on D, and his coverage skills as a safety to make him a backer.

So this Poole kid will commit to us on the spot or why are we talking about taking Troutman "over" him?

People aren’t watching what’s going on with the offense when they watch linebacker film. Troutman is figuring out where the **** ball is gonna go. That sht erases any 4.4 guy that is lost out there. Look at this play against Notre Dame where it was 3 and 3 and JJ ran towards the guy in motion before the ball was snapped. They couldn’t convert. I’ll take guys like that all day. It starts at the 29 minute mark. If JJ isn’t there to cause a delay in the option they convert that play.

no idea how good Flagg will be and everyone focused on speed (even though he’s not that slow at all) but dude knows where the play is going, so I agree with recognizing a play and reacting is better than straight speed

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back