Deshawn Troutman commits to the U

Advertisement
I disagree with the MLB. I think he would play Pincks position, but with the way this kid can diagnose a play i can see him at MLB. Just my opinion that he would fit best as the off will backer.

I could see him either as well. Just like I think Pick could have played Mike here if Shaq wasn't around.

Kid reminds me of Antonio Cromartie at cb. Matter of fact i think Cromartie played both ways just like he did and at a high level.

Someone tell Rumph and company to turn up the heat on Tommi Hill.
He did for Lincoln. That's a **** of a comp fam, one I only held off from making myself for two small reasons. At this stage, Cro was a step or two faster than Hill. No shame in that, both have/had elite speed, especially for kids that size. But Hill is flyin', Cro was fffflllyyyiiiinnnn'. On the other side of the coin, Cro was never as physical as this kid is. I know AC personally, he's from the neighborhood around my alma mater and he's close friends with one of my close friends. I've literally joked with Cro when he was an All-Pro in Diego about how he won't pull up on **** but the line before the crosswalk at a red light. I've also told him that I thought he woulda been better on O. The size, fluidity, instincts, knack for playmaking, identical. They're inverses of each other when you think about what I said and their mentalities(Cro playing CB, Hill wanting to play WR....

It will definitely improve it... It's not the 90s or 80s where college football games were dog fights. Today game is high scoring Offensive uptempo Spread football. Unless you have elite 5 star players or a program like Wisconsin that's been in place for a long time then your defense is going to eventually break and give up big plays/Points if your Offense ***** the bed game after game. A lot of our fans expect despite all the 3 and outs and or 2-3 min drives we had last season that our defense still should of been a Top 5 unit and give up 100 yards Rushing or less and less then 16 points a game... Itz crazy
I’ll take a defense that can get of the field on 3rd and 4th down. Something bakers and Diaz’s defense before him hasn’t been able to do. Everything else like TFL, pressures, top 5/10 ranked total defense is just window dressing BS If you can’t stop the opponent on 3rd/4th down. But hey that’s who blake decided to hire as our head coach and said head coach went out and hired is clone incompetent 3rd and 4th down D coordinator to take over for him. 🤢🤮 smh

Advertisement
He did for Lincoln. That's a **** of a comp fam, one I only held off from making myself for two small reasons. At this stage, Cro was a step or two faster than Hill. No shame in that, both have/had elite speed, especially for kids that size. But Hill is flyin', Cro was fffflllyyyiiiinnnn'. On the other side of the coin, Cro was never as physical as this kid is. I know AC personally, he's from the neighborhood around my alma mater and he's close friends with one of my close friends. I've literally joked with Cro when he was an All-Pro in Diego about how he won't pull up on **** but the line before the crosswalk at a red light. I've also told him that I thought he woulda been better on O. The size, fluidity, instincts, knack for playmaking, identical. They're inverses of each other when you think about what I said and their mentalities(Cro playing CB, Hill wanting to play WR....

yea i was in high school around the same time as cro and just got into recruiting ...was trying to remember if he played both ways...just remember he was a big time recruit who um wanted bad.

I seen Hill didnt know anything about him b4 the state game and came away very impressed.

They had Hill at CB against STA and i was really impressed. Looked to be the type Rumph coveted. He has to be atleast 6'2 190 with long *** arms.

If i was the recruiting coordinator, he would be a kid that would be a PRIORITY for me.

@Kayone @DMoney @Liberty City El
Yeah I like Tommi Hill better at DB than WR in college, he's got great length & ball skills, but the only question is his long speed. He looks like a high 4.68-4.7 guy & he mostly plays off coverage.

He's a tall Boundary corner that could play Zone well, I don't see the footspeed or lateral quickness to play Field.

He might be really good at Safety too.

yea i was in high school around the same time as cro and just got into recruiting ...was trying to remember if he played both ways...just remember he was a big time recruit who um wanted bad.

I seen Hill didnt know anything about him b4 the state game and came away very impressed.
Same here with Hill, I heard his name among the top 50 in FL before the season but I ain't pay him no mind based on him being from the O & no real reported interest in us. The State game was when I first saw him and I was very impressed. He's a gamer for sure, played his *** off on both sides against a POWERHOUSE with everything on the line. You gotta press HARD for a kid like him. Especially when he's 3.5 hours from campus and you've already snagged an Alpha & **** GOOD LB from his team...

Yeah I like Tommi Hill better at DB than WR in college, he's got great length & ball skills, but the only question is his long speed. He looks like a high 4.68-4.7 guy & he mostly plays off coverage.

He's a tall Boundary corner that could play Zone well, I don't see the footspeed or lateral quickness to play Field.

track looks like he hit 11.1 something so he has some speed.

Advertisement
I’ll take a defense that can get of the field on 3rd and 4th down. Something bakers and Diaz’s defense before him hasn’t been able to do. Everything else like TFL, pressures, top 5/10 ranked total defense is just window dressing BS If you can’t stop the opponent on 3rd/4th down. But hey that’s who blake decided to hire as our head coach and said head coach went out and hired is clone incompetent 3rd and 4th down D coordinator to take over for him. 🤢🤮 smh
3rd down defense wasn't that bad... We were ranked 25th among power 5 or 43rd in college football

**** El, he definitely plays faster than he tests then, I woulda thought you'd say he's a 4.55-4.65 guy. Either way I definitely don't see Cro-level speed but he looked faster than that against what everyone knows is a fast squad at STA. Definitely not a guy you want covering 9 routes all day but I think he can be a 4.5 guy after a college S&C regimen. But you're right with zone being his strength. He'd be an animal in a Tampa 2...

**** El, he definitely plays faster than he tests then, I woulda thought you'd say he's a 4.55-4.65 guy. Either way I definitely don't see Cro-level speed but he looked faster than that against what everyone knows is a fast squad at STA. Definitely not a guy you want covering 9 routes all day but I think he can be a 4.5 guy after a college S&C regimen. But you're right with zone being his strength. He'd be an animal in a Tampa 2...
Yeah, he's got the tools to work there, he's a tall kid & a long stride runner so for his size his speed is pretty good.

You just wouldn't want him on the island by himself lol, but he could definitely play in the Tampa 2 scheme & thrive.

And you know if you can run a 4.5 with Hill's size, length, fluidity & ball skills that's as valuable as a 4.3 dude...

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I know is we need to be at Edgewater every year all up in there business. They produce a ****t ton of talent grey year. To add to that the talent that comes from there and moves on also produces very well at the next level. They are coaching them kids up at Edgewater.

When The Legend preaches about character, this is what he means. Not wearing a tie or cutting your hair like a TV news nerd. Busting your *** as a 16 year old kid picking and packing potatoes for 15 hour days to help your family. That translates to toughness and unbreakable will.

I remember when Seantrel Henderson cut his dreads to show he "changed"

Proceeded to do the same ****

So this is a good point, I know this board hates Baker but could it be possible that some of the things he wants to do on defense didn't work well because of the slow lbs and dbs

yeah bro I’m going to disagree with you here. A good coordinator adjusts to his players. Not the other way around. When coordinators are stubborn and try to jam “their” system on players that don’t fit you get the dan enos effect.

Advertisement
Back