Deshawn Troutman commits to the U

I like the staff realizing that the speed on defense has been lacking especially at the LB spot. They’ve really tried to address is last 2 classes with sam brooks, Avery huff, Austin-cave and now troutman.

So this is a good point, I know this board hates Baker but could it be possible that some of the things he wants to do on defense didn't work well because of the slow lbs and dbs

Advertisement
Immokalee is where Edge is from dude. Not sure about functional strength either as he ran a 4.9 40 as a HS senior. I’ll buy the work ethic part.

And when he tested at the combine, he ran a 4.38. I think country strong means he probably wasnt running sprints on the watermelon farm but likely had endurance and tremendous lower body strength. The raw muscle mass and potential were there.

@gogeta4 you like this pickup of troutman?

Always like reading your write ups and opinions!

Yea i like it. I think he is like Mike Pinkney. Where he can wade through traffic extremely well based off the film. He has closing speed..he plays at a Powerhouse program...and it looks like he is a cane diehard, based off of his brothers recruitment i think he really is..because bro wanted to be here as well.

Down the road a 6'0 220-225 LB like this i envision. Dont know if he has the athlecism as their guys but LSU has brought in guys at his size with similar film.

Advertisement
Kid is in the mold of what you would call a "Miami LB"..comes in smaller, undersized, but aggressive, and fast sideline to sideline.

His demeanor also just appears to be mean. He is technically a dade kid having basically lived there until high school.

Also might be our first edgewater kid since ive followed recruiting?. They have a kid Tommi Hill that i would love to be a Cane...kid can play wr or db @Kayone. That Leary door is closed..but i really liked Hill the game i saw him play
Said the same thing about Hill. Kid definitely has 2-Way potential. Legit high 4 Star at WR or CB. Big, fluid guy with ball skills...

SO is he a diamond in the ruff? Bc I haven't heard about him until he popped up on the 247 sports yesterday afternoon to go to Miami.

So this is a good point, I know this board hates Baker but could it be possible that some of the things he wants to do on defense didn't work well because of the slow lbs and dbs
Counter point - If you don't have the skill set for what you want to do and run, isn't it the job of the coach to adjust to what is on the roster? You look at the best coaches, especially in college, and they are constantly adapting their scheme to that year's team.

Advertisement
Yeah. Leary door is completely closed. He’s leaning towards OU with Auburn knocking at the door. Funny enough, coaches wanted Hill and Leary to join Troutman in college cause he makes them better and they control his temper. But yes, Tommi’s best upside is at CB in my opinion. But he wants to play WR which he’s good at as well. He doesn’t seem to be all about the recruiting process as the others, but that boy gots the skills, grades, and test scores to play ANYWHERE in the country. But I think he either follows Leary to OU or hit Arizona State.

They had Hill at CB against STA and i was really impressed. Looked to be the type Rumph coveted. He has to be atleast 6'2 190 with long *** arms.

If i was the recruiting coordinator, he would be a kid that would be a PRIORITY for me.

@Kayone @DMoney @Liberty City El

Yeah. Leary door is completely closed. He’s leaning towards OU with Auburn knocking at the door. Funny enough, coaches wanted Hill and Leary to join Troutman in college cause he makes them better and they control his temper. But yes, Tommi’s best upside is at CB in my opinion. But he wants to play WR which he’s good at as well. He doesn’t seem to be all about the recruiting process as the others, but that boy gots the skills, grades, and test scores to play ANYWHERE in the country. But I think he either follows Leary to OU or hit Arizona State.
**** shame, I wish Hill would wanna come with Deshawn. I'd legit give that kid burn on both sides of the ball early on and let the chips fall where they may. I think the kid could be our CB1 by '22 but he's gonna be special wherever he goes, offense or defense...

Last edited:
Advertisement
They had Hill at CB against STA and i was really impressed. Looked to be the type Rumph coveted. He has to be atleast 6'2 190 with long *** arms.

If i was the recruiting coordinator, he would be a kid that would be a PRIORITY for me.

@Kayone @DMoney @Liberty City El
Most definitely. You should watch him against Agiye Hall when Edgewater played Armwood. Hall beat him once, and then Hill woke up and shut that shut down! I definitely think that’s his biggest upside. CB.

Most definitely. You should watch him against Agiye Hall when Edgewater played Armwood. Hall beat him once, and then Hill woke up and shut that shut down! I definitely think that’s his biggest upside. CB.

Kid reminds me of Antonio Cromartie at cb. Matter of fact i think Cromartie played both ways just like he did and at a high level.

Someone tell Rumph and company to turn up the heat on Tommi Hill.

Advertisement
Yea i like it. I think he is like Mike Pinkney. Where he can wade through traffic extremely well based off the film. He has closing speed..he plays at a Powerhouse program...and it looks like he is a cane diehard, based off of his brothers recruitment i think he really is..because bro wanted to be here as well.

Down the road a 6'0 220-225 LB like this i envision. Dont know if he has the athlecism as their guys but LSU has brought in guys at his size with similar film.
Pickney>Shaq

Counter point - If you don't have the skill set for what you want to do and run, isn't it the job of the coach to adjust to what is on the roster? You look at the best coaches, especially in college, and they are constantly adapting their scheme to that year's team.

I agree with that also but this board was killing Shaq and Pick about how slow they are and cant cover so obviously the roster has limitations and idk how much more or how well a coach can hide certain things...for the most part I do think our defense was and has been good enough for us to win 10 games the past 4 years...

Hey now, my homeboy has an urban farm right off the Bab. No bull****, I'm talking growing **** like Lemongrass & Okra and keeping bees...
Ha, yeah that's true. There are some urban farms. When I think farms, I'm usually thinking about acres and acres like Homestead or Davie. Come to think of it, I knew a couple dudes who had those indoor farms back in my college days. Very profitable business. Or so I've heard.

Advertisement
Back