Deshawn Troutman commits to the U

Advertisement
I really can't believe why so many fans continue to talk about this one bad play call. It's literally just one play out of a thousand. Every DC in college football will call a ton of bad plays every season! Our defense put us in position to win every game last season outside maybe Virginia Tech. It was good enough for a 10 Win season if we had a half decent Offense. Considering our talent level on defense we were pretty solid.
Would’ve, could've, should’ve Mack! And that’s just loser talk and I along with “so many canes fans” are sick and tired of being sick and tired of loser talk. Sorry but it just is what it is after 15 years.

Would’ve, could've, should’ve Mack! And that’s just loser talk and I along with “so many canes fans” are sick and tired of being sick and tired of loser talk. Sorry but it just is what it is after 15 years.
You just need to accept Canes football for what it is. We're a middle of the pack ACC team. We didn't have elite talent on defense last year. Shaq was a late 4th round pick. Garvin was a 6th Rounder and the rest of them were either UDFA or underclassmen. The defense had absolutely no help from the Offense for 85% of the season. Despite all this the Defense put together a Top 20 unit and gave us a chance to win every game outside of Virginia Tech.

Kid is in the mold of what you would call a "Miami LB"..comes in smaller, undersized, but aggressive, and fast sideline to sideline.

His demeanor also just appears to be mean. He is technically a dade kid having basically lived there until high school.

Also might be our first edgewater kid since ive followed recruiting?. They have a kid Tommi Hill that i would love to be a Cane...kid can play wr or db @Kayone. That Leary door is closed..but i really liked Hill the game i saw him play

Advertisement
@Kayone I hate to ask this question but I think it is even more relevant this year with all of the early commitments across the country... what are the chances he decommits?

You just need to accept Canes football for what it is. We're a middle of the pack ACC team. We didn't have elite talent on defense last year. Shaq was a late 4th round pick. Garvin was a 6th Rounder and the rest of them were either UDFA or underclassmen. The defense had absolutely no help from the Offense for 85% of the season. Despite all this the Defense put together a Top 20 unit and gave us a chance to win every game outside of Virginia Tech.
Accepting canes football for what it is equals I don’t care anymore. I want a winner and if what we are is a middle of the pack ACC loser then the university can keep it.

I like that he’s a linebacker who’s already diagnosing plays and is comfortable in coverage. Great instincts and smarts allow him to play quicker on the field than most.

Love it. The best part is you can tell this kid is a smart football player, given our track record of player development I tend to lean towards taking kids who are smart, productive football players in HS and leaving most of the "development" to occur in the weight room

Advertisement
Kid is in the mold of what you would call a "Miami LB"..comes in smaller, undersized, but aggressive, and fast sideline to sideline.

His demeanor also just appears to be mean. He is technically a dade kid having basically lived there until high school.

Also might be our first edgewater kid since ive followed recruiting?. They have a kid Tommi Hill that i would love to be a Cane...kid can play wr or db @Kayone. That Leary door is closed..but i really liked Hill the game i saw him play
Yeah. Leary door is completely closed. He’s leaning towards OU with Auburn knocking at the door. Funny enough, coaches wanted Hill and Leary to join Troutman in college cause he makes them better and they control his temper. But yes, Tommi’s best upside is at CB in my opinion. But he wants to play WR which he’s good at as well. He doesn’t seem to be all about the recruiting process as the others, but that boy gots the skills, grades, and test scores to play ANYWHERE in the country. But I think he either follows Leary to OU or hit Arizona State.

Last edited:

@gogeta4 you like this pickup of troutman?

Always like reading your write ups and opinions!

@Kayone I hate to ask this question but I think it is even more relevant this year with all of the early commitments across the country... what are the chances he decommits?
That’s what I was telling someone. Troutman is a growing prospect. He’s probably in the low 200’s now and by the mid season( if HS has one)... I definitely see his stock rising. I heard Auburn, USCarolina, and couple of other big time programs were getting involved. So who knows. But what I will say is... he truly loves Miami. Not just like some that’s my favorite team kind of love, but more of I know Edgerrin James, Moss, vilma, Winslow and others season stats type of Love.

For a kid his age, I was kinda surprised by that.

That’s what I was telling someone. Troutman is a growing prospect. He’s probably in the low 200’s now and by the mid season( if HS has one)... I definitely see his stock rising. I heard Auburn, USCarolina, and couple of other big time programs were getting involved. So who knows. But what I will say is... he truly loves Miami. Not just like some that’s my favorite team kind of love, but more of I know Edgerrin James, Moss, vilma, Winslow and others season stats type of Love.

For a kid his age, I was kinda surprised by that.

I can't remember which Cane back in the day was "country strong" as he spent his childhood working on a watermelon farm (i think in Opa-Locka). Edge? I think kids like Troutman- who grew up working a potato farm- tend to have a tremendous work ethic and functional strength. I'd put money on him being a very effective LB at Miami.

Advertisement
I can't remember which Cane back in the day was "country strong" as he spent his childhood working on a watermelon farm (i think in Opa-Locka). Edge? I think kids like Troutman- who grew up working a potato farm- tend to have a tremendous work ethic and functional strength. I'd put money on him being a very effective LB at Miami.
Edge grew up working a watermelon farm in imokalee. Definitely not farms in opa locka.

And an interesting aside - at different times during the year he works on a potato farm with his uncle - when there they work seven days a week from 8 a.m. some days until as late as 11 at night.

“Basically we do whatever needs to be done, out in the back, packing them, whatever their needs are," Troutman said.
When The Legend preaches about character, this is what he means. Not wearing a tie or cutting your hair like a TV news nerd. Busting your *** as a 16 year old kid picking and packing potatoes for 15 hour days to help your family. That translates to toughness and unbreakable will.

When The Legend preaches about character, this is what he means. Not wearing a tie or cutting your hair like a TV news nerd. Busting your *** as a 16 year old kid picking and packing potatoes for 15 hour days to help your family. That translates to toughness and unbreakable will.
I dare anyone to go ask a 16 year old kid if they want to work at a potato farm for 15 hrs even just one fckng day and see what they say.
Dude is my favorite recruit in a while just for that. There’s grown as men that would take unemployment before that. Get me a football player that works like Mexican migrant worker any day before some diva 5 star.
Oh and fck anybody in here that tries to bust out some political correctness on my post.

Advertisement
Immokalee is where Edge is from dude. Not sure about functional strength either as he ran a 4.9 40 as a HS senior. I’ll buy the work ethic part.

I can only imagine what our defense can do with a competent offense that moves the ball and scores points

I can only imagine what our defense can do with a competent offense that moves the ball and scores points
It will definitely improve it... It's not the 90s or 80s where college football games were dog fights. Today game is high scoring Offensive uptempo Spread football. Unless you have elite 5 star players or a program like Wisconsin that's been in place for a long time then your defense is going to eventually break and give up big plays/Points if your Offense ***** the bed game after game. A lot of our fans expect, despite all the 3 and outs and 2-3 min drives we had last season that our defense still should of been a Top 5 unit and give up 100 yards Rushing or less and less then 16 points a game... Itz crazy

Last edited:
...never doubt me bytches. this aint little' petey.. you mocked me over the many years for several recruits. then recently you jumped the shark when I gave you Karen's hints about King and Lashlee weeeeeeeks before....... lock my threads at your own embarrassment...

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/🔥🔥-block-is-hot-🔥🔥.160940/#post-4694612

@TheOriginalCane
@Page305
@Rellyrell
@SWFLSWAGG17
@OrangeBowlMagic
@CFLCane
@Canes Stan
@For_The_U
@Zombie-Cane
@AllAboutTheU (the ultimate hater. I own you BABY KAREN)
@The Franchise (the KAREN of haters, aint thirsty KAREN. I drink the mutha fcking CANE juice all got **** day and will post people who are coming when I feel necessary. Keep doubting me Karen)
@Xander

...grab your panties, put your pants on fellas one leg at a time like Hillary does...this is just the start.
Way to try to make a kids moment all about you.

Advertisement
Back