Derrick Smith

how much can you want to transfer, to go from being 11 days from playing a bunch of snaps in the biggest game in the world, to completely uprooting yourself, start all over, and sit out a year. He must've been getting suspended or something

Advertisement
Really? Are you aware of any actual FACTS that would support a claim of tampering? Just because a player transfers to a rival college doesn’t mean there was tampering.

How do you come the conclusion that they would they lose the lawsuit?

As far as causing a delay, a delay in what exactly? If he doesn’t enroll at UF is that school prohibited from speaking with him? If he does enroll at UF it’s likely too late for him to get a waiver to play this year anyway.
Nowhere in my actual post did I say there was tampering. I said they should claim it.

Thered be almost no way to definitively prove it even if there was actual tampering going on (which there probably wasnt bc I dont believe UF is where hes going). Extremely difficult.

The post isnt realistic anyway. UM wouldnt waste that kind of time on such an insignificant player.

The mere fact Smith would even reference the Gators as a potential landing site unequivocally proves he was never a Cane. He was on the team in body only.

The kid is only loyal to himself and doesn't give a **** about the Canes and coaches he was lucky enough to work with.

The fact he is no longer associated with the Canes is a blessing and whatever team he eventually next infects will soon learn he will only take and never fully embrace his new team or any other he might next run too.

Manny has indicated he is on a mission to carve out any cancers within the program, thus Smith being gone is one **** of a positive move in that direction.

My opinion is that he put Florida on there for attention because the school he left is about to play them. Build some suspense to announce he’s going to Illinois or Nebraska
Of the four mentioned, none were listed as recruiting him out of HS. But UCF wanted him badly, hence Nebraska takes the lead, unless there is a coaching connection at Illinois that I am not aware of? But Mullen does have a sleazy reputation, so I won't say UF is impossible.

Advertisement
Im very much glad he is gone. To consider UF after an entire offseason of training with his brothers to beat UF is a legit ***boi move. Im down with sending a redshirt goon (maybe C williams) to knock him out if hes on UF sideline next week. Hes an enemy as of now.

Advertisement
u have to change alot of signals and possible verbage if he went there in 7 days or less
He doesnt have to even go there. Dude just knocked up a random in Miami and needs $$. Now that hes in the poryal he can "talk" to teams. Takes nothing for UF to wire 15k to his uncle to sit down with him and learn everything he knows. This is not even far fetched.

He has been training with our scheme. a for him to transfer to a team we play this year seems wrong.
Very shady on his part doubt he goes there it would have been announced already imo. They would want him on campus helping the coaches already

Advertisement
Advertisement
They won’t. This **** will wind up at Illinois or some other bottom feeder.

Illinois isn't even averaging ONE player drafted in the last THREE drafts. Butthurt Betty here would actually be better off begging his way into FAU.

Advertisement
Back