Derrick Henry's Miami Recruitment

Advertisement
Yeah. I’m no genius, but I’d think a measurable test acts a screen and then eyes and know how filters the athletes from the footballers.
JJ could do an eye test of a kid's parents and tell how a kid would be as an athlete (same as football player.)

This was told to me by one of the best sportswriters in the country, Sally Jenkins, who covered the Canes extensively in the late '80's for the Washington Post.

Sally's writing on the Canes was some of the best I'd ever seen. She really loved the Canes (and our players of the era).

Her father was the great writer Dan Jenkins who wrote, I think, Semi-Tough.

JJ could do an eye test of a kid's parents and tell how a kid would be as an athlete (same as football player.)

This was told to me by one of the best sportswriters in the country, Sally Jenkins, who covered the Canes extensively in the late '80's for the Washington Post.

Sally's writing on the Canes was some of the best I'd ever seen. She really loved the Canes (and our players of the era).

Again, sorry but WHAT is going on.

Advertisement

Yes Jimmy Johnson was a great psychologist. And had his degree in psychology.

Yes Jimmy Johnson was a great psychologist. And had his degree in psychology.
And he apparently had an uncanny eye for talent.

He rebuilt the Cowboys in one fell swoop when he unloaded Herschel Walker for all those draft choices. He saw the limitations in Walker's game.

He also saw the potential in unheralded athletic kids, like Greg Mark. He evaluated Greg as a DL by watching how he played high school basketball.

I watch some tape on Henry and all I could think of is a slightly smaller Zonk with slightly less speed than Merc. WHo in their right mind would not want that pair in one back. Sure he wold have been great TE or MLB or ever strong safety but seriously let the boy run the football. It is not like he was asking to be kicker.

Advertisement
I watch some tape on Henry and all I could think of is a slightly smaller Zonk with slightly less speed than Merc. WHo in their right mind would not want that pair in one back. Sure he wold have been great TE or MLB or ever strong safety but seriously let the boy run the football. It is not like he was asking to be kicker.

This. Even if you didn’t think Henry was a super natural runner, you take him on his physical traits alone. No brainer.

It will be interesting to see how long Henry lasts. A lot of big backs wear out after a few years. Remember Brandon Washington for the NYG?

Still, Miami should have recruited him and let him star his career as running back.
I'm showing my age, but I remember Earl Campbell. Never ran around anyone who he couldn't run through. It was a great 4-5 years.

Honestly this ninja was **** near almost forgotten until 3 weeks ago.
Who was almost forgotten? Derrick henry? Guess you havent paid attention to the nfl than. Cmon bruh. What else the boy gotta do to not be forgot?

1 of the 5 best RBs of all-time (in my opinion) - and one of my favorites.

Campbell.gif

I'm showing my age, but I remember Earl Campbell. Never ran around anyone who he couldn't run through. It was a great 4-5 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back