Derrick Henry's Miami Recruitment

Absolutely.
Oh and wait.....I don’t mean to switch gears, but it’s kinda along the same lines:

while I was researching something, came across an article in which Diaz said Lo should be looking at getting carries against UNC. We played UNC in week 2....Lo got zero burn. So along w the Zo story, this story w Lo is head scratching too.

Better coaching. Better players. Its not hard.

Advertisement
You hate Berrios & Homer?

SPARQ fans, is what I meant to say.

But since you mention; Berrios is a natural baller who outplays his measureables. On the other hand, Homer was always known to lack vision and hip wiggle, but he’s fast. Homer is a SPARQ guy.

im not trashing homer. I’m actually speaking like captain obvious here.

Yeah. I’m no genius, but I’d think a measurable test acts a screen and then eyes and know how filters the athletes from the footballers.
There’s still a lot of art to it, based on character assessment, imo. But AI will turn this all into a more science based effort over the next decade.

There’s still a lot of art to it, based on character assessment, imo. But AI will turn this all into a more science based effort over the next decade.
You watching my team and I program our technology?

Advertisement
These threads are trash, it's similar to the idiots that love to run around screaming "JJ Watt wanted to come to Miami ,and we didn't recruit him" Context matters, dumbasses. Henry was thought to be a guy whose best position wasn't RB, no one, and I mean NO ONE thought that he would be this kind of player. He wasn't some AD "Can't Miss" type of prospect, that Miami showed zero interest in.

As long as you are dealing with human beings, AI will never be able to fully replicate a human being scouting. AI and analytics are valuable tools, but there's a reason why the most important day at the NFL Combine is interview day. We know who can do what, what separates good athletes, from great athletes is what's between the ears.

Saying it for years....our player development, our player evaluation....both have gone to chit. We went from coaches who had eye for talent, and putting players in the best possible position to maximize their talents, to guys who say "a football player is a football player....speed is not a prerequisite of a football player."

FML man.
Those coaches who had the eye for talent left

Butch

Advertisement
As long as you are dealing with human beings, AI will never be able to fully replicate a human being scouting. AI and analytics are valuable tools, but there's a reason why the most important day at the NFL Combine is interview day. We know who can do what, what separates good athletes, from great athletes is what's between the ears.
Without wanting to debate the extreme of your ‘fully replicate’ comment, I’d say for the most part, you’re mistaken in your beliefs. Humans are generally very mediocre in assessing other humans. Very few are great at it. Even big companies hiring expensive assessment firms get it wrong too often. Data analytics around human assessment is a next 15 year sea change. It’s coming. The interview day will include better and better assessment tests. Tools to measure will include not just the test data, but various integrated inputs, including facial recognition, visual tracking, body language, better physiology assessments. Potential is not as unmeasurable as people believe.

You mean Brandon Jacobs? That was my boy. He played in 10+ games for 8 seasons with my Giants. I would say thats fairly durable for a bigger back. I bet Henry could do the same.
Yes, Brandon Jacobs. My bad. He was able to peak for about 3-4 seasons. His last three were meh, but he was hurt once as well. His highest number of carries in one season was 224, with a career total of about 1,240 carries, including postseason.

Henry has already had over 900 carries in 4 seasons.

My point is a RB can in endure so much punishment before breaking down.

Advertisement
And WE HAVENT HEARD or seen from him since...like the lochness ***n monster.
Im not an "NFLU" guy (I ctually think it hurts us now and we havent won hsit since we picked up the moniker, only a list of guys who leave to be UDFA). I rather care what they do in college and if they are successful there. Seems like he was. Alot of these guys get big checks that young and sometimes their motivation goes down because they feel like they made it or whatever. Hard to bank on who will be successful in nfl with soo much variables, money, location, coaching, system, injuries, etc.

Seems like he won the rushing title this year, I am sure he will get a second contract, by any rate, college or pro he would be called a success.. I dont know mane

These threads are trash, it's similar to the idiots that love to run around screaming "JJ Watt wanted to come to Miami ,and we didn't recruit him" Context matters, dumbasses. Henry was thought to be a guy whose best position wasn't RB, no one, and I mean NO ONE thought that he would be this kind of player. He wasn't some AD "Can't Miss" type of prospect, that Miami showed zero interest in.
Dude was a 5 star, having his games televised as high school phenom. One of top backs in country.. WHHAAAAAAA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back