D'Eriq King?

Advertisement
What people who have no understanding of context don't realize about King's tenure at Houston is, he was their entire Offense. He had very little viable options besides himself, he basically only had one maybe two weapons with Marquez Stevenson & Keith Corbin, he had very little help & was still very productive. Every game was King vs the other team's whole squad, he was the entirety of that Houston program.

Dana Hologorsen & his OC changed the offense around, that's what people don't get, he wasn't running the same thing or a similar style to what he was in Briles's system. Hologorsen is known as a shìt play caller & his OC/QB coach Marquel Blackwell didn't help with his development at all because he was trying to have King run that lame *** Gulf Coast Taggart offense because Blackwell is a Taggart disciple from his Western Kentucky & USF days.

King came here specifically because of the Offense that Lashlee is running, it's the one he's more comfortable with & the one he's thrived in since HS where he broke Kyler Murray's state records.

King had at best 2-3 weapons in HTown & still put a great numbers, now he's come to Miami where he has arguably 12-14 weapons depending on how fast the TF's get acclimated to the offense, but even if you take the TF WR's out of the equation he still has plenty of weapons he's surrounded by on this team for him to succeed here.

I'm not saying we're going undefeated or he's winning a Heisman, I'm just saying people are truly underestimating what a kid with his talent can do with a legit play caller like Lashlee.

I encourage any doubters go look up what Lincoln Riley had to say about D'Eriq King, if Riley is high on you that means you're a good QB.
The subtext here is that Holgorsen is a corch.

Kid ain't takin a Snap yet...and all the Negative Nancy's are out in full force....
CaneinOrlando knows one MFing thing...
For the Life of me...i've never seen a QB return a KO....Hit the sideline...and leave everyone in his wake like this kid did at Houston....I rewatched it 20 times...and smh at that Speed...

Advertisement
I looked at his history at Houston and based on that wonder why it is ASSUMED he is the answer. He played in 4 games in 2019 and went 1-3 beating Prairie View. He stopped playing because of an injury and decided to redshirt to get another year. In 2018 he had a fair amount of success but in 4 years at Houston his completion percentage was just okay. With all the hype I didn't investigate but after checking I have concerns. Martell or Kosi just might outperform him.
I guess his main advantage is his playing time. I won't be surprised if Kosi or Martell beat him out.
Child, please!

What people who have no understanding of context don't realize about King's tenure at Houston is, he was their entire Offense. He had very little viable options besides himself, he basically only had one maybe two weapons with Marquez Stevenson & Keith Corbin, he had very little help & was still very productive. Every game was King vs the other team's whole squad, he was the entirety of that Houston program.

Dana Hologorsen & his OC changed the offense around, that's what people don't get, he wasn't running the same thing or a similar style to what he was in Briles's system. Hologorsen is known as a shìt play caller & his OC/QB coach Marquel Blackwell didn't help with his development at all because he was trying to have King run that lame *** Gulf Coast Taggart offense because Blackwell is a Taggart disciple from his Western Kentucky & USF days.

King came here specifically because of the Offense that Lashlee is running, it's the one he's more comfortable with & the one he's thrived in since HS where he broke Kyler Murray's state records.

King had at best 2-3 weapons in HTown & still put a great numbers, now he's come to Miami where he has arguably 12-14 weapons depending on how fast the TF's get acclimated to the offense, but even if you take the TF WR's out of the equation he still has plenty of weapons he's surrounded by on this team for him to succeed here.

I'm not saying we're going undefeated or he's winning a Heisman, I'm just saying people are truly underestimating what a kid with his talent can do with a legit play caller like Lashlee.

I encourage any doubters go look up what Lincoln Riley had to say about D'Eriq King, if Riley is high on you that means you're a good QB.
Well stated Liberty, I don’t think anyone is delusional to believe he either won’t succeed here or will throw/rush for 50TD’s against tougher competition. But what we believe is that, to your point, King has never had the full compliment. Of weapons our players can provide, from RB’s to WR’s to TE’s. He’s going to thrive in Lashlee’s offense not only because he’s familiar with it, but he also will get an offense tailored to his strengths since Rhett is going to pattern the offense around D’Eriq. Again, no one is saying he will total 50; but it is within the realm of possibility that King breaks Rosier’s 31TD record, and with ease.

I looked at his history at Houston and based on that wonder why it is ASSUMED he is the answer. He played in 4 games in 2019 and went 1-3 beating Prairie View. He stopped playing because of an injury and decided to redshirt to get another year. In 2018 he had a fair amount of success but in 4 years at Houston his completion percentage was just okay. With all the hype I didn't investigate but after checking I have concerns. Martell or Kosi just might outperform him.
I guess his main advantage is his playing time. I won't be surprised if Kosi or Martell beat him out.

You can always get Jarren (LOL) or Tate (But Why??) as your QB?!?

Advertisement
"Fair amount of success"? I'd say 50 TDs and being in Heisman contention exceeds that definition. But regardless of that, the reason I'm so excited is because we are pairing Lashlee's scheme with this:

That video speaks for itself and if it doesnt make you excited about our potential on offense this year then I dont know what to tell you. There has never been a QB with a skill set like this at the University of Miami. Though, of course, nothing will matter but results.

Last edited:

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement

potato.png

Advertisement
It’s probably been posted like a zillion times, but does anyone have an accurate measurement of his 40 speed. I know “accurate“ is relative, unless it’s laser timed at the NFL combine, but anyway…

Yah. King's numbers against 2/3 P5 schools wasn't any better. So, there's pause for concern and we should pump the brakes on making assumptions on how King will perform.
Yeah, but our talent level compared to Houston is vastly superior....at least on paper. The thought is that King is proven with infield performance, and surrounded with greater talent, he should excel for us. Now, obviously this thing can turn out any which way as is evidenced by the Martell situation.

Advertisement
Back