D'Eriq King?

Advertisement
D1F57E54-B7B4-4632-999B-F4AFC13CBD3B.jpeg

I looked at his history at Houston and based on that wonder why it is ASSUMED he is the answer. He played in 4 games in 2019 and went 1-3 beating Prairie View. He stopped playing because of an injury and decided to redshirt to get another year. In 2018 he had a fair amount of success but in 4 years at Houston his completion percentage was just okay. With all the hype I didn't investigate but after checking I have concerns. Martell or Kosi just might outperform him.
I guess his main advantage is his playing time. I won't be surprised if Kosi or Martell beat him out.

you might want to consider doing this

die.gif

Advertisement
I have concerns as well. I watched the Oklahoma/Houston game last year and he didn't look good. He was 14/27 for 167 yards.

My concerns are that his 2018 stats were racked up against G5 schools. He had 2 P5 games in 2018. He was 30/51 for 431 yards against Texas Tech. Impressive, but Texas Tech has no defense. Against Arizona, not so impressive going 17/34 for 246 yards.

I hope he has the goods, but the competition must play itself out.

Did you see our QBs this past season ?!? :monkey-serious:

Advertisement
What people who have no understanding of context don't realize about King's tenure at Houston is, he was their entire Offense. He had very little viable options besides himself, he basically only had one maybe two weapons with Marquez Stevenson & Keith Corbin, he had very little help & was still very productive. Every game was King vs the other team's whole squad, he was the entirety of that Houston program.

Dana Hologorsen & his OC changed the offense around, that's what people don't get, he wasn't running the same thing or a similar style to what he was in Briles's system. Hologorsen is known as a shìt play caller & his OC/QB coach Marquel Blackwell didn't help with his development at all because he was trying to have King run that lame *** Gulf Coast Taggart offense because Blackwell is a Taggart disciple from his Western Kentucky & USF days.

King came here specifically because of the Offense that Lashlee is running, it's the one he's more comfortable with & the one he's thrived in since HS where he broke Kyler Murray's state records.

King had at best 2-3 weapons in HTown & still put a great numbers, now he's come to Miami where he has arguably 12-14 weapons depending on how fast the TF's get acclimated to the offense, but even if you take the TF WR's out of the equation he still has plenty of weapons he's surrounded by on this team for him to succeed here.

I'm not saying we're going undefeated or he's winning a Heisman, I'm just saying people are truly underestimating what a kid with his talent can do with a legit play caller like Lashlee.

I encourage any doubters go look up what Lincoln Riley had to say about D'Eriq King, if Riley is high on you that means you're a good QB.

Advertisement
I looked at his history at Houston and based on that wonder why it is ASSUMED he is the answer. He played in 4 games in 2019 and went 1-3 beating Prairie View. He stopped playing because of an injury and decided to redshirt to get another year. In 2018 he had a fair amount of success but in 4 years at Houston his completion percentage was just okay. With all the hype I didn't investigate but after checking I have concerns. Martell or Kosi just might outperform him.
I guess his main advantage is his playing time. I won't be surprised if Kosi or Martell beat him out.
Lol Kosi and Tate couldn’t even beat out Jarren
Williams , you need to get drug tested.

Advertisement
He’s just another in a long list that’s being anointed, if we don’t get good coaching he’s going to fail like them all, only one with a semblance of success was kaaya once right got he’s head out if he’s ***!

Yah. King's numbers against 2/3 P5 schools wasn't any better. So, there's pause for concern and we should pump the brakes on making assumptions on how King will perform.

I understand not being 100% on King and how he will perform but to still be talking about Kosi and Martell at this point is beyond dumb

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back