D'Eriq King?

Advertisement
I understand not being 100% on King and how he will perform but to still be talking about Kosi and Martell at this point is beyond dumb
Say what you want if that makes you feel good with childish name calling. It's not a matter of being 100% for anything. You have to look at performances against P5 teams to have a clear evaluation. Obviously, the coaching staff is sold. What I'm saying is that King's performances against P5 schools don't match up to his non P5 body of work and that gives me pause.

As far as competition goes, there is always competition. King hasn't done anything on this team yet that makes him the #1 QB. However, you do expect him to outperform the other QBs this Spring. It should be night and day clear that he is the best QB based on all of his past succes.

Jaylen Hurts wasn't handed the job at Oklahoma despite winning a national championship at Alabama. He had to earn it. The competition was close and Hutrs wasn't named the starter until late Fall camp.

Despite what fans think, everyone at every position has to compete. The guy that is to be the superstar should relish the competition because he can demonstrate how superior his talent is.

I simply brought up factual statistics that give me pause on my expectations. You tried to twist it into something else.

Last edited:
I looked at his history at Houston and based on that wonder why it is ASSUMED he is the answer. He played in 4 games in 2019 and went 1-3 beating Prairie View. He stopped playing because of an injury and decided to redshirt to get another year. In 2018 he had a fair amount of success but in 4 years at Houston his completion percentage was just okay. With all the hype I didn't investigate but after checking I have concerns. Martell or Kosi just might outperform him.
I guess his main advantage is his playing time. I won't be surprised if Kosi or Martell beat him out.
We scored 43 tds last year. King scored 50 on his own in 2018. Shut up.

Yeah, but our talent level compared to Houston is vastly superior....at least on paper. The thought is that King is proven with infield performance, and surrounded with greater talent, he should excel for us. Now, obviously this thing can turn out any which way as is evidenced by the Martell situation.
Well, exactly. He has to go out and demonstrate it this Spring. Happy to have him, but everyone must compete.

King has proven his ability at the G5 level. I simply pointed out that he did not play well against P5 teams and that gives me pause before I get all jiggy like the rest of the fanbase.

I hope he is the real deal. He has to go out and prove it to us all.

I have concerns as well. I watched the Oklahoma/Houston game last year and he didn't look good. He was 14/27 for 167 yards.

My concerns are that his 2018 stats were racked up against G5 schools. He had 2 P5 games in 2018. He was 30/51 for 431 yards against Texas Tech. Impressive, but Texas Tech has no defense. Against Arizona, not so impressive going 17/34 for 246 yards.

I hope he has the goods, but the competition must play itself out.

LMAO. He had 6 total TDs vs Arizona. 230 plus passing yards in the first half. He basically slept walk through the second half and still ended up with six touchdowns. If I’m not mistaken, I believe his receivers dropped six passes in that game. Two of those drops were touchdowns. Actually watch the game versus Arizona and you’ll come away with a different impression.

Advertisement
What people who have no understanding of context don't realize about King's tenure at Houston is, he was their entire Offense. He had very little viable options besides himself, he basically only had one maybe two weapons with Marquez Stevenson & Keith Corbin, he had very little help & was still very productive. Every game was King vs the other team's whole squad, he was the entirety of that Houston program.

Dana Hologorsen & his OC changed the offense around, that's what people don't get, he wasn't running the same thing or a similar style to what he was in Briles's system. Hologorsen is known as a shìt play caller & his OC/QB coach Marquel Blackwell didn't help with his development at all because he was trying to have King run that lame *** Gulf Coast Taggart offense because Blackwell is a Taggart disciple from his Western Kentucky & USF days.

King came here specifically because of the Offense that Lashlee is running, it's the one he's more comfortable with & the one he's thrived in since HS where he broke Kyler Murray's state records.

King had at best 2-3 weapons in HTown & still put a great numbers, now he's come to Miami where he has arguably 12-14 weapons depending on how fast the TF's get acclimated to the offense, but even if you take the TF WR's out of the equation he still has plenty of weapons he's surrounded by on this team for him to succeed here.

I'm not saying we're going undefeated or he's winning a Heisman, I'm just saying people are truly underestimating what a kid with his talent can do with a legit play caller like Lashlee.

I encourage any doubters go look up what Lincoln Riley had to say about D'Eriq King, if Riley is high on you that means you're a good QB.

Right. King was their leading receiver heading into the 2018 season, and then they chose him as their starting quarterback. IINM - Heading into the 2018 season he had more receiving yards then all of the other receivers combined. Then he was named the starting QB.

He was their offense.

"Fair amount of success"? I'd say 50 TDs and being in Heisman contention exceeds that definition. But regardless of that, the reason I'm so excited is because we are pairing Lashlee's scheme with this:

This video should erase any doubts...

That video speaks for itself and if it doesnt make you excited about our potential on offense this year then I dont know what to tell you. There has never been a QB with a skill set like this at the University of Miami. Though, of course, nothing will matter but results.

Advertisement
I looked at his history at Houston and based on that wonder why it is ASSUMED he is the answer. He played in 4 games in 2019 and went 1-3 beating Prairie View. He stopped playing because of an injury and decided to redshirt to get another year. In 2018 he had a fair amount of success but in 4 years at Houston his completion percentage was just okay. With all the hype I didn't investigate but after checking I have concerns. Martell or Kosi just might outperform him.
I guess his main advantage is his playing time. I won't be surprised if Kosi or Martell beat him out.

Good to see another person with a sane post, that new transfer in qb touchdown stats dont move me, here's his stats that i saw he's 11 & 8 as a starter, and against similar competition, his stats were mediocre. So i dont get all the hype, but what ****es me off is seeing coach diaz at it again, that **** seems to smart to keep sounding ridiculous:

Miami head coach Manny Diaz praised Martell in February:

"Tate is a person that if he was standing in this room, within 15 minutes there would be 15 people standing around him. He's just got that personality people gravitate to. He's a natural leader of men. He's a guy that, when he was in seventh grade, drew up his own playbook. He just loves ball. He loves playing the position of quarterback.

“Tate Martell, in addition to what he can do on the field with his athleticism and his ability to to make plays with his arm and his feet, we looked at Tate as a gym rat, he’s an excellent X’s and O’s guy, he’s a guy that loves the game and he’s always in his playbook.

We thought he would help change the culture in our quarterback room.

On January 1st we weren’t sure we had a quarterback on our campus we thought we had talented guys like N’Kosi Perry and Jarren Williams were very talented but we just felt like that room lacked the maturity level to really lead a program like the University of Miami.”

Same soup, just reheated:

Diaz is not only excited about the skill set that King brings to the position. The head coach is also impressed by the leadership traits King has shown since arriving at UM in January.

“He is probably the type of quarterback Miami has never had,” Diaz said. “Miami has had some good quarterbacks, but not with the dual threat ability that he possesses. It is exciting because his skill set is exciting, he has been in big games, and he has put up the numbers and it is exciting because of who he is when you get to know D’Eriq and how he ticks and thinks about the game. You hear all these cliches about being a student of the game and being a gym rat, but he is.”

Being a student of the game, being a gym rat. We obviously needed a reboot in our QB room. Not just in terms of on the field production, but the culture in that room. To have a guy like D’Eriq who cannot only put up 50 touchdowns but is off the charts in all those cultural things.

I told D’Eriq I want him to make the team better after he leaves. By his on the field performance and by showing our QBs how to be a big-time college football QB.”
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Coach diaz phucked up last year by handing & naming a crybaby as the starter instead of going with the proven winner and team leader in perry. Now it sounds like coach diaz has already named the starter at qb in the new transfer guy, but once again, like last year, im going with my boy perry, who's never flinched since he's been here, has always been committed to his teammates and is 6 & 3 as a starter. He's not just gone hand over that starting qb job to nobody and if coach diaz wants to lose even more team credibility than he did last year by starting crybaby jarren and than giving transfer tate booku playing time, it wont be long for him here. He better have a True qb competition, one things for certain, the players will once again know who should be starting.

Also, this will be the toughest defense the new transfer qb has gone up against in his career, i dont expect him to be doing to much of nothing. Coach diaz tried to be slick last year during the qb competition by trying to hide who kept turning the ball over, lol, we already knew, let's see what happens this year, cause at 5'10, and coming to play in the ACC, he's no russell wilson. Our d-line and secondary bout to force coach diaz to have to go with the best arm and qb with the most potential and if rhett lashlee goes with his criteria for naming a starter than that'll be this guy:

LMAO. He had 6 total TDs vs Arizona. 230 plus passing yards in the first half. He basically slept walk through the second half and still ended up with six touchdowns. If I’m not mistaken, I believe his receivers dropped six passes in that game. Two of those drops were touchdowns. Actually watch the game versus Arizona and you’ll come away with a different impression.
Did you see the Oklahoma game?

I'll wait for the season before I assume we have a Heisman candidate.

Advertisement
This is in the same game he was playing QB?
No, he threw 1 pass

Screenshot_20200222-200402.jpg

Advertisement
Good to see another person with a sane post, that new transfer in qb touchdown stats dont move me, here's his stats that i saw he's 11 & 8 as a starter, and against similar competition, his stats were mediocre. So i dont get all the hype, but what ****es me off is seeing coach diaz at it again, that **** seems to smart to keep sounding ridiculous:

Miami head coach Manny Diaz praised Martell in February:

"Tate is a person that if he was standing in this room, within 15 minutes there would be 15 people standing around him. He's just got that personality people gravitate to. He's a natural leader of men. He's a guy that, when he was in seventh grade, drew up his own playbook. He just loves ball. He loves playing the position of quarterback.

“Tate Martell, in addition to what he can do on the field with his athleticism and his ability to to make plays with his arm and his feet, we looked at Tate as a gym rat, he’s an excellent X’s and O’s guy, he’s a guy that loves the game and he’s always in his playbook.

We thought he would help change the culture in our quarterback room.

On January 1st we weren’t sure we had a quarterback on our campus we thought we had talented guys like N’Kosi Perry and Jarren Williams were very talented but we just felt like that room lacked the maturity level to really lead a program like the University of Miami.”

Same soup, just reheated:

Diaz is not only excited about the skill set that King brings to the position. The head coach is also impressed by the leadership traits King has shown since arriving at UM in January.

“He is probably the type of quarterback Miami has never had,” Diaz said. “Miami has had some good quarterbacks, but not with the dual threat ability that he possesses. It is exciting because his skill set is exciting, he has been in big games, and he has put up the numbers and it is exciting because of who he is when you get to know D’Eriq and how he ticks and thinks about the game. You hear all these cliches about being a student of the game and being a gym rat, but he is.”

Being a student of the game, being a gym rat. We obviously needed a reboot in our QB room. Not just in terms of on the field production, but the culture in that room. To have a guy like D’Eriq who cannot only put up 50 touchdowns but is off the charts in all those cultural things.

I told D’Eriq I want him to make the team better after he leaves. By his on the field performance and by showing our QBs how to be a big-time college football QB.”
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Coach diaz phucked up last year by handing & naming a crybaby as the starter instead of going with the proven winner and team leader in perry. Now it sounds like coach diaz has already named the starter at qb in the new transfer guy, but once again, like last year, im going with my boy perry, who's never flinched since he's been here, has always been committed to his teammates and is 6 & 3 as a starter. He's not just gone hand over that starting qb job to nobody and if coach diaz wants to lose even more team credibility than he did last year by starting crybaby jarren and than giving transfer tate booku playing time, it wont be long for him here. He better have a True qb competition, one things for certain, the players will once again know who should be starting.

Also, this will be the toughest defense the new transfer qb has gone up against in his career, i dont expect him to be doing to much of nothing. Coach diaz tried to be slick last year during the qb competition by trying to hide who kept turning the ball over, lol, we already knew, let's see what happens this year, cause at 5'10, and coming to play in the ACC, he's no russell wilson. Our d-line and secondary bout to force coach diaz to have to go with the best arm and qb with the most potential and if rhett lashlee goes with his criteria for naming a starter than that'll be this guy:

Bruh you're the biggest N'kosi dyck sucker on this entire hoe *** forum. WTF is wrong wit you?? There is absolutely no comparison between him & D'Eriq King. Jus stop. You're embarrassing yourself

Say what you want if that makes you feel good with childish name calling. It's not a matter of being 100% for anything. You have to look at performances against P5 teams to have a clear evaluation. Obviously, the coaching staff is sold. What I'm saying is that King's performances against P5 schools don't match up to his non P5 body of work and that gives me pause.

As far as competition goes, there is always competition. King hasn't done anything on this team yet that makes him the #1 QB. However, you do expect him to outperform the other QBs this Spring. It should be night and day clear that he is the best QB based on all of his past succes.

Jaylen Hurts wasn't handed the job at Oklahoma despite winning a national championship at Alabama. He had to earn it. The competition was close and Hutrs wasn't named the starter until late Fall camp.

Despite what fans think, everyone at every position has to compete. The guy that is to be the superstar should relish the competition because he can demonstrate how superior his talent is.

I simply brought up factual statistics that give me pause on my expectations. You tried to twist it into something else.

Bruh I’m not sure you quoted the right person. If so tho, I don’t even know what stats you posted. Secondly, Kosi has been given multiple chances and has consistently proven not to be the guy. Martell was 3rd at OSU and 3rd here at Miami. Again, not the guy. Jalen was handed the Bama job until he was no longer as effective Tua in the Championship game.

Finally, I understand that what King does at Miami remains to be seen however, you don’t luck into the numbers King put up.

Last edited:
Bruh you're the biggest N'kosi dyck sucker on this entire hoe *** forum. WTF is wrong wit you?? There is absolutely no comparison between him & D'Eriq King. Jus stop. You're embarrassing yourself

Keep your ghey *** tendecies to yourself, what i am is loyal to the True Canes, what you and others are, are like prostitutes always running up to the next new car pulling up on the block but dont know WTF is in it. I'd be surprised if transfer tate still has ballz, cause a whole lot of yall same morons was swinging from them as soon as and some before he signed with UM. I said than, he wont beat out perry, and the facts prevailed. What kind of UM fan is rooting for an outsider to just walk in and take a starting job, at UM, that's an insult to the program, those are the ones who know nothing about UM football, but you'd be one of the happy ones. Im sure you were like a pig in slop when crock berlin transfered here to as well, i said basically the same thing back than when it comes to transfers, and crock was the beginning of the end to UM football dominance. Unlike other schools this University never just relied on a qb, the defense and offensive weapons were the stars of the team, not the qb's. So this new notion about "you need a top flight qb to be in the CFP" is non-sense, that **** craig krenzel will never be looked at as a top flight qb, but one things for certain, that **** was tough as they come and laid it all on the line for his teammates, and made plays. The shots he took in that game and kept getting back up to make plays, respect was earned. All we need is a common sense oc and we'll be straight. What's embarrassing are how many people in here who post claiming to be UM fans but dont know **** about em!

Advertisement
Back