D'Eriq King?

Advertisement
Not saying Martell will ever be a starting QB here but anyone using last season as a barometer for the guy should take a step back.

We had Dan ******* Enos as the OC. The guy made Richt offense look new aged. The guy couldn't muster up a ******* play to score on LA Tech.

Not saying Martell will ever be a starting QB here but anyone using last season as a barometer for the guy should take a step back.

We had Dan ******* Enos as the OC. The guy made Richt offense look new aged. The guy couldn't muster up a ******* play to score on LA Tech.

That's true, but even Lashlee can't teach a QB how to throw. Nor can he improve a QB's accuracy by 10 % pts.

I do believe that all the quarterbacks will be better in Lashlee’s system. It better suits them all. Still, one guy is a proven All Conference caliber talent and the other two have proven to be below average college quarterbacks.

I’ll address this point - the kind of UM fan who’s seen our QB room, knows it’s limited and wants to upgrade...

Our qb room is one of the last of our problems, if coach diaz keeps on focusing on qb play as the main issue, he wont be here long. His main focus needs to be on building a True dominant defense, o-line and runningback play and than force this team to have to earn the right to pass. Many of the transfer tate bandwagon brigade thought he was an upgrade, i told them early on he was trash and wouldnt be the starter, now in comes this new transfer in qb, i havent seen one highlight of his, but i have seen he's 5'10, was 11 & 8 as a starter, quit on his old team, his stats against like opponents were mediocre and than he transfered here. These are the type of guys coach diaz keep trying to use and put out front as some type of beacon of light for the program. The half hearted and quitter crew, but in another breath he's talking about culture change, lol.

Advertisement

Our qb room is one of the last of our problems, if coach diaz keeps on focusing on qb play as the main issue, he wont be here long. His main focus needs to be on building a True dominant defense, o-line and runningback play and than force this team to have to earn the right to pass. Many of the transfer tate bandwagon brigade thought he was an upgrade, i told them early on he was trash and wouldnt be the starter, now in comes this new transfer in qb, i havent seen one highlight of his, but i have seen he's 5'10, was 11 & 8 as a starter, quit on his old team, his stats against like opponents were mediocre and than he transfered here. These are the type of guys coach diaz keep trying to use and put out front as some type of beacon of light for the program. The half hearted and quitter crew, but in another breath he's talking about culture change, lol.
Ok, so your opinion is basically what it was a year ago with Tate and Jarren. Quitters and transfers need not apply.

I would be curious to see you watch some of his highlights and tell us what you think skills and player-wise.

Ok, so your opinion is basically what it was a year ago with Tate and Jarren. Quitters and transfers need not apply.

I would be curious to see you watch some of his highlights and tell us what you think skills and player-wise.

I actually dont care about his highlights from somewhere else, or many guys/recruits for that matter, cause the only highlights that really count are the ones that they make or dont make here. Let's see what he does against our defense in practice first. Im not worried about practice reports from coach diaz or te majority of the players as well, from what we already know blake baker was getting picked apart by enos already, which was a real bad sign. Time will tell pretty soon though, believe that!

I looked at his history at Houston and based on that wonder why it is ASSUMED he is the answer. He played in 4 games in 2019 and went 1-3 beating Prairie View. He stopped playing because of an injury and decided to redshirt to get another year. In 2018 he had a fair amount of success but in 4 years at Houston his completion percentage was just okay. With all the hype I didn't investigate but after checking I have concerns. Martell or Kosi just might outperform him.
I guess his main advantage is his playing time. I won't be surprised if Kosi or Martell beat him out.
Stop being dumb. Seriously.

Come on man, learn football, stop being like diaz, praising mediocrity, you trying to exalt the short passing king, over perry, since you like stats, jw15 ended with his 60% comp rate ended the year 4 & 6 as the starter and perry was 2 & 1 and balled against tougher competition. **** he should've been at 70% with all the short passes he threw, **** was scared to throw the deep ball, GTFOH with the 60% non-sense, "jarren partied" and lost 3 straight games is what he did, you are an example of the type of mediocre Canes fan these days, UM fans use to know football, many of you and your kind on this board!

Irony

Advertisement

That guy actually said qb was the least of the issues lol. When the staff feels the exact opposite. It was the main reason, hence why king was brought in. And there’s a 100% chance he starts.

Buddy would call kyler murray, Joe burrow, Justin fields, Baker Mayfield etc quitters too because they transferred, he sounds crazy as ****. He’s citing king’s w/l record when he had had donofrio as his dc coach during most of those games...

Last edited:
Buddy would call kyler murray, Joe burrow, Justin fields, Baker Mayfield etc quitters too because they transferred, he sounds crazy as ****
I know how he is. I want him to just watch the film and tell us what he thinks on abilities notwithstanding his views on transfers. As you said, there are some great examples of successful transfer QB’s.

Cabin is indeed a strange character. It was up to him CMR, his minions, and Perry would all still be here and the starting QB. Personally, give me D’Eriq all day and then some more on Sunday. King is going to transform the QB role at Miami for future generations. He’s the type of player, after he shatters Rosier’s TD record in a season that we’ll sit back and look fondly upon for years to come. He’s going to make the WR and OL look light years better than in previous years. And he’s the reason we’re going to have a season like 2017, or better, allowing Diaz and his staff to pull in another Top 10 recruiting class for 2021. That’s when we start truly stacking chips and depth across the offense and defense.

Advertisement
Idk if someone else brought this up but if youre worried about his record for w.e. reason his defensive coordinator at Houston was Mark donofrio...........

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back