Depth Chart Surprises

I’m excited to see how Jennings looks as our starter at MLB but just wanted to get an idea of what to expect.
Well it's coming brother. It'll either make us feel better about the lb situation or compound our frustrations...

Advertisement
47CA8960-6CC3-4177-99DF-CE87CB203705.jpeg

But are they any good? Drop off or no drop off from Shaq and Pinckney?
I would say massive upgrade because in the ACC you need Athletic LB that can not only play the run but react in space.. i think we have that now.. shaq and Pick was just a step too slow

But are they any good? Drop off or no drop off from Shaq and Pinckney?
I guess we’ll have to find out. In my personal opinion, Shaq was a solid competitor but was hindered by a lack of athleticism. Michael Pinckney was incredibly overrated. He would make a big splash play occasionally but was out of position and took poor angles a lot. If think at the very least, the new guys might be more athletic. But it’s obvious the staff is going with more experienced players to start the season.

Advertisement
That’s the best depth chart UM has had in a while.

I don’t hear much from campus friends anymore, but I did hear two things repeatedly. 1) Rooster is THAT dude and apparently OL is the surprise of camp. Maybe its scheme, but that unit has come a long way. FWIW.

Advertisement
The lb crew is the group that surprised coaches the most. Jennings and steed both bounced back surprisingly well. Jennings was in line to be the backup mike last year before the injury , he was balling out that spring.

Mccloud is better outside and brooks coming in on long yardage or pass downs . Btw Keontra is going to be very good. Future star.
Would you agree that LB is our weakest position group in terms of both talent and depth?

OL was my other concern cause I won't believe we are better til I see it, but the new depth chart has me at least hoping there's been a talent upgrade for the guys that played all last season to be on the bench.

I suppose you can make an argument for CB as well, but I am not as down on that group as others.

Advertisement
Going off HS film Jennings looked to be the most violent hitter at Miami since Perryman. I'm excited to see him out there
I saw a clip from the scrimmage, and he closed so fast on the ball carrier and **** near caught a body on the field

I haven’t seen that from a Miami LB since DP

I didn’t no dude had that type of closing speed

We might have something in Jennings

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back