Deon Bush

If Bush's best position is CB, so be it, but I'd prefer to have some top-end talent at safety.

That position has been putrid for years.

Advertisement
Safety is a luxury spot that we have had the good fortune to be spoiled at with perhaps the two best of all time and certainly 3 of the top 10 in the history of college football. You can win with average safeties, not the case with corners. Problem we have had at safety is they haven't even been average.

our safeties could be adequate with the proper pairing back there. for example, RR and VT don't compliment eachother very well IMO. kind of have the same weaknesses

our safeties could be adequate with the proper pairing back there. for example, RR and VT don't compliment eachother very well IMO. kind of have the same weaknesses

yeah both are stuck in molasses. can't have two guys who are so **** slow back there. swasey/highsmith/rodgers aren't speed demons but they are compared to VT and Ray Ray.

Soon as the rest of our class comes in I'm sure one or two guys will be moved to safety for depth and competition. Ray Ray and VT just aren't the answer back there and neither are the guys currently behind them.

I don't know how it's gonna shake out but we're gonna have options once the rest of our freshmen get in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Vernon Davis said on FaceBook that Bush is at Safety. Conflicting reports...who knows

This is what I had been told. I think he is a better corner so I was happy to be wrong. But he may come in as a safety.

Advertisement
Everybody seems to forget him. His name never gets brought up. He seems to get lost in the shuffle, but I like him as a return man for us next year. Him, Duke and Dorsett.

i dont think it matters where he starts out at, i'm sure he's going to be tried at both spots and the coaches will make the decision of where he belongs from there

I'm just happy Bush threads are now in the football forum and not the recruiting forum. Its good to see the new blood actually arrive.

Advertisement
A good corner is more valuable and harder to find than a good safety. If Deon can handle the corner spot he should play corner IMO at least start him out there and see how it develops

What do you all think about trying Dortch out at S? He's about 5'11" probably close to 190 now. He's physical, good in run support and has CB cover skills

Never seen any highlights from Dortch, but he´s lited on the roster as 152lbs or something like that.

The reason Bush will get tried at Safety is to try and find a way to get him on the field. Currently our corners are

Field Side: McGee
Boundary: Gunter/Howard

Nickle:Finnie

So I am sure the staff will try him at safety because we lack any depth. V Davis in my opinion will be one of our best DB's. He is a natural

Advertisement
Back