Deon Bush

Advertisement
Good. Someone else on the staff (not Williams) had said he'd start out at safety, but it looks like they're going to do the right thing. This is the best spot for him IMO.

yup i keep saying he reminds me so much of Antrel Rolle out of high school. He should be similar sized to his freshman year like Rolle 6'1 195

Advertisement
Can anyone other than Jenkins be tried at safety? Unless Golden actually set out to recruit 7 corners and 1 safety, this seems a bit crazy.

We're looking at Highsmith, Rodgers, and Jenkins as our safeties after the season.

Can anyone other than Jenkins be tried at safety? Unless Golden actually set out to recruit 7 corners and 1 safety, this seems a bit crazy.

We're looking at Highsmith, Rodgers, and Jenkins as our safeties after the season.

Lockhart

Advertisement
Not sure I like this. If he ends up behind Howard and another underclass man then he needs to be moved to safety.

I'm glad to hear this...those wanting him at safety have never seen him play or are understandingly worried about the depth at safety.

Bottom line...his skill set and game are not suited to play safety. He's a corner all the way. We'll have to solve the safety issue another way...but putting a kid at the wrong position can hurt both the team and the kid's future (Ray Ray Armstrong is Example 1A of this)

Advertisement
Not sure about it either, just cause there is such an obvious need at safety.

Point taken but I dont know. I think we have fouled up a few times in the past because of depth and I dont think we should here. Kid has a chance to he a special special CB.

Good. Someone else on the staff (not Williams) had said he'd start out at safety, but it looks like they're going to do the right thing. This is the best spot for him IMO.

Agree. Like others have said I think most are just deathly afraid of the S depth chart.

Advertisement
Deon's at his best when he's playing on the line of scrimmage and pressing the receiver. I was most impressed with him during the CCHS vs NW game, when he was pressing Amari Cooper. He didn't get too caught up in hand fighting, took the right angle on the 9, and always forced Amari to his outside.

Last edited:
I feel very strongly that Deon Bush would be much better at CB than S, so I like this despite the HUGE need at Safety. Bush would be just a body at S, a waste, a Kacy Rodgers.

Not sure I like this. If he ends up behind Howard and another underclass man then he needs to be moved to safety.

I have a feeling a few of the 2012 CBs will get looked there first, Crawford and Gunter both might end up at S.

Advertisement
Back