Deon Bush

Advertisement
Not sure I like this. If he ends up behind Howard and another underclass man then he needs to be moved to safety.

I have a feeling a few of the 2012 CBs will get looked there first, Crawford and Gunter both might end up at S.

Yeah its tough to tell who would be a good candidate. We will see if any of the older guys get moved around also.

Can anyone other than Jenkins be tried at safety? Unless Golden actually set out to recruit 7 corners and 1 safety, this seems a bit crazy.

We're looking at Highsmith, Rodgers, and Jenkins as our safeties after the season.

Lockhart
not happening......hes the most ready to contribute at WR this year

I've said it before but I think that IF we had a legit #1 WR, Lockhart would start at S. he does not look ready to me at WR right now based on the film I've seen. he looks like an all around playmaker that I'd love to have at DB but lack of WRs may force him to start off there. basically, I think he could be special at S but probably just another guy at WR. either way I think he's gonna take some time to develop

Meh, he'll be a LB in a year or two anyways. He won't be at CB long.

Advertisement
I want to see how he looks at cb to start off. Has great size for the position. If he doesn't do well there we can always try him at S. S after this season does look scary though.

I'm glad to hear this...those wanting him at safety have never seen him play or are understandingly worried about the depth at safety.

Bottom line...his skill set and game are not suited to play safety. He's a corner all the way. We'll have to solve the safety issue another way...but putting a kid at the wrong position can hurt both the team and the kid's future (Ray Ray Armstrong is Example 1A of this)

Spot on Obi Wan! I feel exactly the same way. Is there a huge need at safety? Yes but putting Bush there isn't going to do anyone any favors at least not now. The guy looks like a safety but his skill set screams CB. There will be plenty of other guys to try out at safety like Waters and Crawford perhaps.

Plus I feel really good about Jamal Carter and Artie Burns signing with us. We will get there. In the meantime I am hopeful that Kacy Rodgers has taken a quantum leap, that AJ Highsmith can be more than serviceable, and that Rayshawn Jenkins will make his presence felt from the get go.

Last edited:
I really think Armbrister can be a hybrid S/OLB next year for instance short yardage and goaline! Imo

Get your 22 best players on Defense on the field whatever way you can.Great spot for Bush to get PT and to compete.We already are 4 deep at safety.

Advertisement
Get your 22 best players on Defense on the field whatever way you can.Great spot for Bush to get PT and to compete.We already are 4 deep at safety.
oh sheeit we gone be able to sneak 22 dudes on the field? we'll ahve the number 1 defense fa sho.

Good one Duval! You the man.Everyone knows I am talking about depth,as we heard Coach Golden say that line before referring to the defense

What do you all think about trying Dortch out at S? He's about 5'11" probably close to 190 now. He's physical, good in run support and has CB cover skills

Advertisement
Not sure I like this. If he ends up behind Howard and another underclass man then he needs to be moved to safety.

I have a feeling a few of the 2012 CBs will get looked there first, Crawford and Gunter both might end up at S.

Yup, Bush is better off at CB. Sooner or later, Gunter will be moved to safety IMO. Not only does he have the size for it, but certain things about his playing style may lend to the position well. I want Gunter starting at S in 2013.

1 or 2 other CBs from this class should end up at S as well. Maybe Hope?

I agree about Lockhart not being a polished product at WR. The kid looked like a baller in his film as a safety and I think if other receivers step up, you will see him moved over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back