Dennis Erickson

Advertisement
I don't know. I was never around the program down there. Followed closely through newspapers, etc. from up North.

Not a big guy, probably an RB, WR or DB.
@Matador The more I think about it, it might very well be RB Chris Hobbs...just not sure..

The season is sh*tty so I’m just talking but we hear a lot about the the Jimmy Johnson, schnellenberger and Butch Davis of the worlds in terms of head coaches at Miami but why is a guy like dennis Erickson never brought up in the same echelon as that group when he’s the most accomplished at Miami? I’ve always wondered this.

I thought you was a Miami Hurricanes fan...

Was Wesley Carroll an Erickson JuCo recruit? BTW, EVERY coach who ever coached at Wazzou or Oregon State had a roster full of JuCos. Only way to do it at those schools!

No.

63-9 vs 60-15

One left at 7-6 one left at 10-2

Those overall records are nearly identical.

Schnellenberger inherited one good recruiting year from Saban, but he won a championship in his fifth year, thus the players were his.

JJ inherited a great team from Schnellenberger, but he won a championship in his fourth year, thus the players were his.

Erickson inherited a great team from JJ, and he won his championships in his first year (all JJ's players) and third year (most were JJ's players). After JJ's players were gone, while our record was decent, our players became undisciplined. Probation would have happened even if Erickson had stayed, so if he had to deal with 31 scholarship losses, his last few years at UM would have been abysmal. The worst/most prominent violations (Pell Grant, hidden drug test, etc.) happened fully on Erickson's watch, and other violations continued or increased on Erickson's watch.

Butch inherited a terrible team and we should have played for a national championship in his final year.

Coker inherited a great team from Butch, and won a championship in his first year, with Butch's players. We then got worse every single year that he remained.

Erickson is a tiny bit better than Coker, as far as results go. But they accomplished the same big-picture things, the decline of our program.

Advertisement
The 81 team should have played for NC....They beat 5 ranked teams...and lost two because of terrible calls against Texas and Ole Miss....Tony Fitzpatrick is a close friend of mine...so is Punter Greg Labelle....both were Saban kids...as was most of the 81 team....Tony told me last yr at the ND game that I attended with him and a few other former Canes, that the officiating in the Texas and Miss games was the worst in UM History...
you seem to be insinuating we lost to Texas, which we did not, actually one of my favorite games of all time

thanks for the posts. i was definitley wrong to use "Pell Grant" as a catch all for improper bene's. that's my bad.

was Dennis implicated by the NCAA during its investigation?

Not to be overlooked...

... Dan "Judas" LeBastard stuck the first knife in the program's back to start the national media pile-on...

Advertisement

Schnellenberger inherited one good recruiting year from Saban, but he won a championship in his fifth year, thus the players were his.

JJ inherited a great team from Schnellenberger, but he won a championship in his fourth year, thus the players were his.

Erickson inherited a great team from JJ, and he won his championships in his first year (all JJ's players) and third year (most were JJ's players). After JJ's players were gone, while our record was decent, our players became undisciplined. Probation would have happened even if Erickson had stayed, so if he had to deal with 31 scholarship losses, his last few years at UM would have been abysmal. The worst/most prominent violations (Pell Grant, hidden drug test, etc.) happened fully on Erickson's watch, and other violations continued or increased on Erickson's watch.

Butch inherited a terrible team and we should have played for a national championship in his final year.

Coker inherited a great team from Butch, and won a championship in his first year, with Butch's players. We then got worse every single year that he remained.

Erickson is a tiny bit better than Coker, as far as results go. But they accomplished the same big-picture things, the decline of our program.

I must put much more stock in the extra wins and fewer losses. An extra loss a year is a big deal and the second championship, even with JJ's guys makes it a no-contest for me.

Thank you....

I must put much more stock in the extra wins and fewer losses. An extra loss a year is a big deal and the second championship, even with JJ's guys makes it a no-contest for me.

Just stop it.

No real Canes fan acknowledges that we lost the 2003 Fiasco Bowl, it was stolen from us. Not to mention that Erickson's second title was a split title. Give both of them 1.5 national championships, from a coaching standpoint.

Identical coaches. Identical in nearly every way. Offensive-minded coaches who fell off in recruiting and left the program in bad shape when they left.

Advertisement
Just stop it.

No real Canes fan acknowledges that we lost the 2003 Fiasco Bowl, it was stolen from us. Not to mention that Erickson's second title was a split title. Give both of them 1.5 national championships, from a coaching standpoint.

Identical coaches. Identical in nearly every way. Offensive-minded coaches who fell off in recruiting and left the program in bad shape when they left.

i remember that split, BS, i remember our guys calling out Udub wanting to play, anytime anywhere, crickets. We would have killed em and they knew it

i remember that split, BS, i remember our guys calling out Udub wanting to play, anytime anywhere, crickets. We would have killed em and they knew it
Butch's boys would also have smoked OU, instead they barely got by FSU, guarantee those boys was damm glad it worked out they didnt have to play us, we have a pretty stellar record v OU

you seem to be insinuating we lost to Texas, which we did not, actually one of my favorite games of all time
hill-jefferson.gif

Advertisement
Butch's boys would also have smoked OU, instead they barely got by FSU, guarantee those boys was damm glad it worked out they didnt have to play us, we have a pretty stellar record v OU
I was driving back from New Orleans listening to the game. I knew we would of smoked OU. Consolation was having witnessed my 1st gayturd beating live.
Thanks Butch!!!!

i still watch that game at least every 2 months, the trash talk leading up to the game was the best, Texas on their "shock the nation tour" and our guys on tv saying they were embarrassed to have to play such a sorry *** team. The local pundits didnt know how to take that lol, and after that *** raping the SWC commissioner coming out saying he would see to it Miami was never invited back to a cotton bowl. Fred Jacoby or something like that, good ole days when we already knew we would curbstomp that ***, miss those days, **** now we're not sure we can beat duke, wait we cant beat duke and we have an all world coach making big money. We need to cut his pay until he wins something at least

I was driving back from New Orleans listening to the game. I knew we would of smoked OU. Consolation was having witnessed my 1st gayturd beating live.
Thanks Butch!!!!
yea and how bout the pre game street fight, we stomped that *** there as well, good stuff. Ufag had that badass DE, wore 13 i think, he was good no doubt, think he got knocked the fok out, forgot who tagged him though

yea and how bout the pre game street fight, we stomped that *** there as well, good stuff. Ufag had that badass DE, wore 13 i think, he was good no doubt, think he got knocked the fok out, forgot who tagged him though
The rumor was going up and down Burbon St. That the boys had gotten into a fight. I didn't believe it until I saw it on TV at the hotel. ****ed I missed it by a couple of blocks. Lol Memories....

Advertisement
Back