Dennis Erickson

yea and how bout the pre game street fight, we stomped that *** there as well, good stuff. Ufag had that badass DE, wore 13 i think, he was good no doubt, think he got knocked the fok out, forgot who tagged him though
It was Al Blades...I was at Patty O'Briens...watched the entire fight...

Advertisement
20180610_182706.jpg

Patty O'Briens....5 mins after this Pic...Watched the entire Melee...

Orlando, you didnt want to get in on that fun man, how could you resist jumpin out there and sucker punchin a gator lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
And both rode another man's teams to championships.
So did Jimmy, with the '87 NC, or at least some claimed. Howard replied by giving Jimmy his due. In an interview, right after we beat Oklahoma for that championship, Howard said some of them (or maybe a lot) were his recruits, " but somebody's got to coach them."

Yes, I read your post after I wrote mine. I don’t care about your opinion. You’re an idiot.

Sapp may have not been a top recruit, and it does not matter. No one knew Sapp would end up a first ballot NFL HOF. Erickson and his staff were quick to realize his potential at DT and moved him.

Lewis was a late qualifier but I have never hear or read of his love for FSU as a teenager. Nor does it matter. Miami saw his play and offered him a scholarship. He accepted.

I do remember Erickson mentioning Holmes sacking Bryce seven times in a game. So what? Recruiting was different then. Coaches learned about in many different ways.

All three cases were a job well done.

There are plenty of other poor recruiting choices in Erickson’s history.
Speaking of Bryce...and speaking of nepotism....when you can't recruit the QB you want, I guess you look in the other bedrooms in your house.

Is Richt out of sons?

Advertisement
I must put much more stock in the extra wins and fewer losses. An extra loss a year is a big deal and the second championship, even with JJ's guys makes it a no-contest for me.
That '83 championship team won with Schnellenberger's recruit at QB. Without a superior QB, we would not have won the NC.

The year before we had a superior QB who was a Saban recruit, I guess: Jim Kelly, but he was lost early in the season......and there was.....Mark Richt.

Speaking of Bryce...and speaking of nepotism....when you can't recruit the QB you want, I guess you look in the other bedrooms in your house.

Is Richt out of sons?

Erickson has a great line about Bryce: “He’s the only recruit I can buy a car for and sleep with his mother”.

Advertisement
Erickson has a great line about Bryce: “He’s the only recruit I can buy a car for and sleep with his mother”.

I think we just discovered a loophole. Our boosters need to start adopting the 5 star recruits during their senior year and legally buy these recruits some cars and give them some bags.

Here's the choices:

Coach 1
Six years
11-1
10-2
12-0
11-1
9-3
10-2
2 national championships in six years

Coach 2
Six years
12-0
12-1
11-2
9-3
9-3
7-6
1 national championship in six years

Since these 2 records are virtually identical I suppose half the folks here would take Coach 1 and the other half would take Coach 2?

Nope.

One of these guys was fired by the U, fyi, while the other took an NFL head coaching position. Do what you will with that info...

Last edited by a moderator:
The '92 team that played in the NC was mostly Dennis recruits. The '94 team that had one of our top defenses ever (along with '92 and '03) was all Dennis' guys. He was no Jimmy, but Dennis is infinitely better than CoRker.

Advertisement
Back