Demetrius Jackson knee injury

For anyone who has watched dj Johnson in high school and sparingly this year, how is he as a run stopper? I know he has the tools to be a dynamic pass rusher but can sufficiently fill Demetrius jackson's void for notes dame and perhaps the rest of the year?

Advertisement
Only player who puts his hands up when he can't get to the QB..Leading the team in batted footballs..

Advertisement
If DJ Johnson is a good as advertised, he would more than likely be at UM 3 years and then it's time to collect a paycheck.

Why would the coaching staff want to red-shirt him 1 of the 3 years?

Here we go with the redshirt arguments.

He has played in several games and he continues to dress out for all games and sit in the DL huddles. The school could hardly make the argument at this point that he is hurt and needs a medical redshirt.

He will play against ND.

We do have depth at DE but I think he will be missed in our 4 DE package. He did a good job on the inside next to Thomas.
Hopefully the younger guys can step up.

Yup. Garvin can replace his edge snaps but there's no next man up replacement for Jackson as an inside rusher. McIntosh will have to eat more snaps now which I think he can handle.

For anyone who has watched dj Johnson in high school and sparingly this year, how is he as a run stopper? I know he has the tools to be a dynamic pass rusher but can sufficiently fill Demetrius jackson's void for notes dame and perhaps the rest of the year?

Stopping the run is 80% of his highlight tape

Advertisement
Love how the kid has played. Feel sorry for him. But we don’t “need” anyone to step up. We rotate Thomas, j Jackson, Harris, etc so guys will have to play a little bit more, which I’m sure they don't mind doing. And stop with the “we need everyone healthy to beat Nd” talk. We’re fine, especially at d end.

Jackson, along with Toolbox, were the first two off the bench at DE. For a reason. We're worse today than we were Saturday with this loss. He was playing over Garvin for a reason.

Hoping for a speedy, full recovery.

We do have depth at DE but I think he will be missed in our 4 DE package. He did a good job on the inside next to Thomas.

Yup. Garvin can replace his edge snaps but there's no next man up replacement for Jackson as an inside rusher. McIntosh will have to eat more snaps now which I think he can handle.

That may not be so bad.

Harris/9/McIntosh/Joe Jack is still a scary front to deal with on passing downs.

That may not be so bad.

Harris/9/McIntosh/Joe Jack is still a scary front to deal with on passing downs.

Yes indeed.
However, D JAck did a good job of spelling McIntosh from time to time on passing downs. Now we need to find other ways of doing that.

That may not be so bad.

Yes indeed.
However, D JAck did a good job of spelling McIntosh from time to time on passing downs. Now we need to find other ways of doing that.

McIntosh as well as Pat Bethel gonna get more PT rushing the passer now.

Advertisement
Dang, Pete, I know we have been complaining that you have not been reporting enough but stop with the bad news already.

Sad news. Hope is back next year better than ever. That being.said the Canes of old a new star was born when someone went down. Not saying we are all. the way back but when Richards could not play early on Langham stepped up big time. Fully expect to see D J do that against N D

Advertisement
Hate this for DJack! He epitomizes being a Cane, but this will make us better in the long run. More reps for Garvin and DJ Johnson, and luckily DJack will be back as a 5th year SR next season and we will still have excellent depth at DE

Advertisement
Back