DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered - Part II (& Commits to LSU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I did read it.

You’re giving coach O credit for Aranda’s D and framed the entire Miami program’s weak performances as Manny’s. You listed the program record with “under Manny”, like he was the HC. Man, his D was the only thing keeping us alive those first two years while he wasn’t the head guy.

You’re conflating two groups of info (1. results of the overall program over 5 years, and 2. the production of LBs) and managing to give Coach O all credit while giving Manny all blame.

Its very easy to say Manny’s LBs have been bad and LSU’s have been good without almost any of the other data you mentioned. It’s easy to say our LB recruiting has been abysmal, in my opinion because Manny thought he was too smart for the position and devalued it, while LSU’s has been great. Coach O has almost nothing to do with that, everyone who’s honest knows it was Aranda.

Blame Manny for terrible LBs (granted, this was a recent issue, not a 5 year one), but LSU was in the literally 120s in total defense last year. There were 3 teams worst than them in the entire country.

I know some people are going through a fit right now because we are about to lose Tolan. That’s fine, I’m ****ed too. But there’s no need to stretch the truth to fit a larger story that frankly isn’t there.
well said

Advertisement
**** Blake Baker selling these recruits some real gumbo BS. Talking about the LSU education after football.

LSU is the 153rd ranked university in the country by US News, that is 100+ spots below Miami (#49) in academic rankings but his family is on national TV talking about the value of an LSU education after football!

I tried to tell ya'll that Dr Phillips HS shops their players big time. But nooo I was crazy.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
And Cooney in O Town…for what? I hope that is on his own dollar and not on recruiting budget.

Advertisement
Baker stuck one up our *** for running him out of town hahaha
These always make me laugh. Just hate it. Give us a few days. Sheesh.
E768BEE5-38E5-4EB2-8116-06F3C12990AC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Interesting comments on the commitment:

"If you want me to be honest, it's a home away from home," Tolan told 247Sports when asked about his decision to play for Ed Orgeron and the Tigers. "I just feel like I can be me out there. I feel like I can be the greatest man that I can be and that I can be the greatest football player that I can be."

"This is all I have ever wanted to do – play on the biggest stage," Tolan quickly added.

"I know that is LSU is a great place and I know that Coach O is a great coach," Tolan noted. "That's why I'm going to LSU. Coach O is smart. He knows what he's doing. He just needs the players to do what he did two years ago when they won [a national title]."

"If you want me to be honest, it's a home away from home," Tolan told 247Sports when asked about his decision to play for Ed Orgeron and the Tigers. "I just feel like I can be me out there. I feel like I can be the greatest man that I can be and that I can be the greatest football player that I can be."

"This is all I have ever wanted to do – play on the biggest stage," Tolan quickly added.

"I know that is LSU is a great place and I know that Coach O is a great coach," Tolan noted. "That's why I'm going to LSU. Coach O is smart. He knows what he's doing. He just needs the players to do what he did two years ago when they won [a national title]."
Apparently, not enough to not rape people (allegedly)

:snoopfacepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back