DeMario Tolan 2022 LB (LSU Commit) Sr Season

This could be a good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

Good thing if he's interested in us due to our LB depth etc and bad thing if he's actually leaving because of not wanting to compete for PT. This stuff about committing to Orgeron and not Kelly, maybe it's just me but I'm not buying. This smells of a transfer due to PT which I've never liked.

All in all though...even though potentially risky, he's a take.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
What’s the mold u’re referring to, my friend?
Typically 6'2 to 6'3" and 220+ and run like the wind. The speed part Tolan is a match. But Cribby says he's bigger than Wes now so maybe it's a non-issue.

Last edited:
This could be a good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

Good thing if he's interested in us due to our LB depth etc and bad thing if he's actually leaving because of not wanting to compete for PT. This stuff about committing to Orgeron and not Kelly, maybe it's just me but I'm not buying. This smells of a transfer due to PT which I've never liked.

All in all though...even though potentially risky, he's a take.
Typically I would agree about PT but I do think there are exceptions. Like Perkins is an insane talent. Unless there is an injury he aint coming off the field. Kinda like whoever the backup QB for a trevor lawerence or something. These kids only have 3-4 years to put stuff on tape and they need to be on the field to do it. So if you are behind a future first rounder, makes sense to try and find somewhere you can play. He may be a future 3rd round pick, that is no knock on him but Perkins may be a top 10 pick.

Advertisement
Typically I would agree about PT but I do think there are exceptions. Like Perkins is an insane talent. Unless there is an injury he aint coming off the field. Kinda like whoever the backup QB for a trevor lawerence or something. These kids only have 3-4 years to put stuff on tape and they need to be on the field to do it. So if you are behind a future first rounder, makes sense to try and find somewhere you can play. He may be a future 3rd round pick, that is no knock on him but Perkins may be a top 10 pick.
I get that...at the same time there's 2 LBs on the field in the 4-2-5 scheme so he could work his tail off and get the other spot.

Of course with me not knowing the whole story it's purely speculative, and again, he's a take in my book. Just slightly concerned if he wasn't willing to battle it out for a spot, if that notion indeed has legs to it.

Y do ya’ll keep acting like Kelly ain’t a good coach? Lol. He’s the reason ND became relevant again.
Just realized we had a conversation going when this thread got locked. Not questioning Kelly's coaching skills. Moreso his people skills. Definitely don't follow his orders to climb anything on a windy day.

Typically 6'2 to 6'3" and 220+ and run like the wind. The speed part Tolan is a match. But Cribby days he's bigger than Wes now so maybe it's a non-issue.

I mean, it does say he’s 6’2 220. Lol

But my concern would be the whole looking for PT vs. earning it. The committed to Ed O & Blake Fcking Baker line was weak af, b/c u signed w/ LSU after those two departed. Perkins signed later as a flip, & lived up to the 5 star ranking immediately.

I get concerned when a kid this soon in his career have that defeatist attitude & look to bounce to seek the path of least resistance.

Advertisement
Just realized we had a conversation going when this thread got locked. Not questioning Kelly's coaching skills. Moreso his people skills. Definitely don't follow his orders to climb anything on a windy day.

Yeah, his ppl’s skills aren’t the best; but, maybe that’s improved b/c he’s been a solid recruiter for a while now.

What’s the mold u’re referring to, my friend?
Mold is a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. Molds cause biodegradation of natural materials, a necessary natural process. Unfortunately, various diseases may result from allergic sensitivity to mold spores, or from mycotoxins.

Advertisement
Back