DeMario Tolan 2022 LB (LSU Commit) Sr Season

But my concern would be the whole looking for PT vs. earning it. The committed to Ed O & Blake Fcking Baker line was weak af, b/c u signed w/ LSU after those two departed. Perkins signed later as a flip, & lived up to the 5 star ranking immediately.

I get concerned when a kid this soon in his career hsvrbthat defeatist attitude & look to bounce to seek the path of least resistance.
So if it turns out that Kelly's lack of people skills is the reason for him hitting the portal, are you on board?

Advertisement
Have you seen the LB room? Chase Smith who is coming off a season ending injury, Flagg who should not be starting here, and Wesley. Then add Francis bro and a bunch of freshmen. You need 1-2 more ready to play LB's.

I mean Tolan is basically a freshman. He played in 6 games and finished his FR season with 3 twckles. It’s not like he is some shoe in to automatically be in our top 3.

I wouldn’t be against taking another LB if it was a proven vet, but Tolan is another pup that still has yet to develop and I don’t think we have room for that at LB. JMO

Advertisement
I mean Tolan is basically a freshman. He played in 6 games and finished his FR season with 3 twckles. It’s not like he is some shoe in to automatically be in our top 3.

I wouldn’t be against taking another LB if it was a proven vet, but Tolan is another pup that still has yet to develop and I don’t think we have room for that at LB. JMO
Yeah I agree with this cause we have no idea if this kid is good or not (unproven)..I wish he entered before we took Pulliam but whatever

I liked him a lot out of HS, but we just took 5 LBs and have much bigger needs at several other spots.
We know they really wanted to add a fifth true LB the last recruiting weekend (Hill and Clark were targets for a visit), so I have to believe that if the right LB was there in the portal, they'd offer.

Advertisement

This… we run with 2 LBs too. Saw him play last year as a HS Sr… definitely was in the 200-205 range. If he’s put on 15lbs great but his skill set is similar to what Chase and Wes bring to the table. Is he talented?…yes. But based on our roster composition and the “type” of LBer hole we’re trying to fill I don’t think he’s a sure fire take.

Francisco is absolutely the kind of LBer we need… Tolan not as much, unless the staff sees no future in Chase and Wes which I don’t think is the case.

Guys you do know 247 and On3 barely update the height and weights of the players right??

If you want true height and weights go to their team pages and you will see the latest accurate measurable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 11.54.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 11.54.39 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
Advertisement
This… we run with 2 LBs too. Saw him play last year as a HS Sr… definitely was in the 200-205 range. If he’s put on 15lbs great but his skill set is similar to what Chase and Wes bring to the table. Is he talented?…yes. But based on our roster composition and the “type” of LBer hole we’re trying to fill I don’t think he’s a sure fire take.

Francisco is absolutely the kind of LBer we need… Tolan not as much, unless the staff sees no future in Chase and Wes which I don’t think is the case.

Agree w/ u, but u can never have too much talent or depth. U brought up Chase, but what has Chase done in 2 yrs? Honestly he was construed as an ATH vs. LB coming out, & maybe that’s y he’s struggled w/ PT here. Right now we have Wes w/ the most PT out of the pups. I see Francisco immediately starting. The class of 2023 r all pups & who knows how that transpires.

This is no direct knock or shot at u, but this post is the quintessential issue w/ this program. We have to change our mentality up. I’ve seen for yrs fans say “we don’t need player A or B, b/c we have players C or D.” Players C or D get injured, don’t pan out, or transfer…meanwhile Player A or B goes to another program & works out. Like clockwork 6 months later, the narrative becomes we need to stack chips only to revert back to we don’t need Player A or B b/c we have Player C or D. Lol

If the young man wants in & we have room, let him in. If he’s
?able, shaky, not a fit, so be it. From what I just witnessed over these past 4 yrs, I’m not turning down any LB, DT, WR, or CB help.

Agree w/ u, but u can never have too much talent or depth. U brought up Chase, but what has Chase done in 2 yrs? Honestly he was construed as an ATH vs. LB coming out, & maybe that’s y he’s struggled w/ PT here. Right now we have Wes w/ the most PT out of the pups. I see Francisco immediately starting. The class of 2023 r all pups & who knows how that transpires.

This is no direct knock or shot at u, but this post is the quintessential issue w/ this program. We have to change our mentality up. I’ve seen for yrs fans say “we don’t need player A or B, b/c we have players C or D.” Players C or D get injured, don’t pan out, or transfer…meanwhile Player A or B goes to another program & works out. Like clockwork 6 months later, the narrative becomes we need to stack chips only to revert back to we don’t need Player A or B b/c we have Player C or D. Lol

If the young man wants in & we have room, let him in. If he’s
?able, shaky, not a fit, so be it. From what I just witnessed over these past 4 yrs, I’m not turning down any LB, DT, WR, or CB help.
You told no lies in your post… I don’t disagree with us needing to stack talon our roster overall but definitely at LBer. I just think that room needs some versatility. Some thumpers who consistently knock people on their *** consistently. It’s been a while since we’ve had one of those.

What I saw of Tolan… he didn’t check that box.

Advertisement
I won’t be heartbroken if we don’t pursue. I’d hope we go after a more proven LBer in the portal. This would have the feel of adding another freshman to the room.

You told no lies in your post… I don’t disagree with us needing to stack talon our roster overall but definitely at LBer. I just think that room needs some versatility. Some thumpers who consistently knock people on their *** consistently. It’s been a while since we’ve had one of those.

What I saw of Tolan… he didn’t check that box.

I definitely agree w u there; it’s been a sad state of affairs to see one of the original LBUs have LB after LB make point of contact & get drug 5 yrds down the field.

I’m going to peep Tolan’s tape again since ur observations are piquing my interest. I’m not one of those star whores, but I do recall him being a big want for us; but, now I’m not sure if that was b/c of his star rating or his film.

Advertisement
Back