Deion Sanders candidate for FSU HC per Ian Rapoport

How do you figure? Basketball.....see ball, shoot ball. Don't let guys drive past you. Easy. There's little contact allowed. Athletes and shooting win.

Football.....foot placement, hand placement, on field rules, offensive/defensive calls, audibles, option routes, zone concepts, blitz pickup, hot routes, alignments, motions, guys working together.

In basketball, it's 5 guys. Football it's 22. You can hit on 3 and be a stud BBall team. You can hit on 12 and still suck in football.
Basketball is definitely more about the Jimmys and Joes. One elite player can completely change a basketball team

Advertisement
Would this be FSU's version of Randy Shannon? Just asking..... and yes I agree with the poster earlier if DS is hired you wont have to worry about the defensive backfield tackling anyone.
Not by any stretch of the imagination. Randy Shannon is a good defensive coordinator with a lot of experience. He was in a little over his head here IMO because he became HC too soon. He really wasn't ready for all the details. We see a similar situation with Diaz. Randy also chose poorly for an OC.

Deion Sanders is not even in the same league. There are high school coaches who deserve a chance before him. This is name recognition only.

Yeah, but in football it's 6 second intervals, whereas in basketball you can go 7-8 minutes before you get a timeout or a foul call...and in basketball you have to play offense and defense. Basketball is harder.

That has nothing to do with coaching, which is what this conversation is about. It's easier to coach basketball than football.

I'm sure most of us have played these sports at one time. Basketball was much easier on my body and mind. I just played.....it came easy. Aspects of football came easy because i was a student of the game but the rest of it was hard and sucked.

Advertisement
I don't think there is any chance this actually transpires. Deion is an attention-seeker. Always was. This is just him enjoying some extra limelight, nothing more. He wouldn't dare make a fool of himself by coaching and I doubt he wants to put in the requisite work or live in Tallahassee these days when he's filthy rich.

LOL hire him as what the DB coach? That would be an utter disaster long run as a HC .

Advertisement
Uhhhh, Deion Sanders is a HS coach.
Yes, I wrote that quickly I should clarify.

There are career high school coaches who've had a lot more success and deserve a shot at the college level before Sanders.

Point was that Shannon was and is a lot more qualified than Sanders and there are plenty of better choices.

He's been involved in football his whole life, I'm pretty sure he understands what a coaching staff needs. More than posters on here. Do I think he will be a good coach, idk but he will have the ability to hire and recruit the best of them. Putting him in a better position than miami. Front runner kids gonna pick banda or Baker or manny over Deion Sanders. I rather they dont hire him.

Let's not conflate the level of commitment some high school coaching takes versus a P5 school. Can it be done? Some have pointed to Penny Hardaway as an example, so yeah it can. But we're talking about maybe one guy who has done it, and that is in a different sport. I just do not see this rumor having legs whatsoever.

Advertisement
Y’all can’t even joke about this..Deion would bring instant energy to that program ..now what happens and how that team looks and is ran is another story...with that lord I hope this happens 🤣🤣
Sure won't do much for the culture problem they have there. "Do as I say, not as I did" doesn't hold much water.

Advertisement
Lol so wait Stephen A Smith thinks Freddie Kitchens didn't deserve to be a HC after he called plays the year before but a HS coach should be a college HC because of what he did 2-3 decades ago? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Being reported from lots of sources. I'd love to know what they are saying on Warchant. Please FSU, make this happen.

I think FSU needs a coach who can bring pillars to their program, along with the ability to build up the team brick by brick. Can you imagine the wonders that could be in store for their defense. Their linebackers could line up in the back of the endzone on 4th and goal at the one. You never know when the QB might want to go deep.

I can definitely see Garnet and Golden in the their future. Just thinking of you Noles! You know we have your best interest at heart!! You can thank us later.

Advertisement
Back