Deion Sanders candidate for FSU HC per Ian Rapoport

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you all may be underestimating this job. FsU had exactly one bad hire since Bowden and they remedied that in less than 2 years. They aren't Miami with wash, rinse, repeat since Davis left. The boosters have taken over and they will get a good coach. That is an attractive job and with any sort of competency FsU does recruit itself. Dumbass Jimbo's problem was he wanted it to be an SEC school with SEC power and money. It just ain't that school and probably never will be because UF is that school in Florida. But as Jimbo proved FSU is more than capable of winning a Natty in this environment. Hopefully Manny pans out long term because FsU didn't flinch when they realized they had a dog sh*t coach. The question is what do we do.

Advertisement
Don't watch NFL network much, but they cut out a bunch of programming this year including his show. Which was nothing more than a look at me show. They've even resorted to airing CFB games on Sat afternoons - mostly G5 games.

Sanders if the biggest self promoter there is. Would love to see him be the semenhole HC.

Advertisement
Lol

as lovely as that would be...not a chance that happens. Deion was bored tonight so he hit up Rapaport and BR and told them to tweet that.
Or, and I'm giving fsu too much credit here, he told them it was ok to use his name to drum up some recruiting interest. Ya know, remind the kids they didn't always suck.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you all may be underestimating this job. FsU had exactly one bad hire since Bowden and they remedied that in less than 2 years. They aren't Miami with wash, rinse, repeat since Davis left. The boosters have taken over and they will get a good coach. That is an attractive job and with any sort of competency FsU does recruit itself. Dumbass Jimbo's problem was he wanted it to be an SEC school with SEC power and money. It just ain't that school and probably never will be because UF is that school in Florida. But as Jimbo proved FSU is more than capable of winning a Natty in this environment. Hopefully Manny pans out long term because FsU didn't flinch when they realized they had a dog sh*t coach. The question is what do we do.

Fsu has one bad hire since 1975 yes because Bobby was there forever and they got Jimbo who ran the team the last few years of Bobby's career. This is uncharted waters for them as they are on a coaching search for the 2nd time in 2 years and 2nd time in 45 years.

I give them credit for firing Willie quickly

Advertisement
Y’all can’t even joke about this..Deion would bring instant energy to that program ..now what happens and how that team looks and is ran is another story...with that lord I hope this happens 🤣🤣

Deion Sanders retired from football almost two decades ago and has never coached a minute in his life. There is zero chance he will be hired as FSU's head coach and has to have been added to this list as some type of courtesy.

IF he somehow got the job—meaning everyone else turned it down—the only "instant energy" would be the rest of the college football world laughing their asses off as the Seminoles making the dumbest hire in the history of college sports.

With the recent Stoops talk and now this—based on fact Briles and Leavitt are staying—it seems FSU is simply looking for a figurehead who can sit atop the program for 2-3 years before they turn the keys over to head coach in waiting, Briles. They simply know they can't promote him yet and need someone to come in and right the ship program-wise before he takes over.

****, most here would take Ed Reed as head coach
Actually Ed was never the uber talent Sanders was. Ed was work and prep more than the other guys with real good talent but not Sanders' level. I am not sure Sanders can teach players because it was easy for him. The best math teacher is not the best math wiz but rather someone who had trouble with math and learned to conquer it. That person can teach it whereas the wiz problems can't understand why students don't get something so simple.

Anyway, Sanders is a trip so I hope they hire him. He will be fun at least.

I thought this was somehow a joke becaut it's so dumb.....but it's real. Blake James may not be the worst AD in history after all. Deion has only coached a little bit of high school football and he was fired from one team for allegedly assaulting a staffer. Perfect fit!

Advertisement
This would be a great hire... for us. However, I think he would be able to keep this 2020 class together and we can’t poach. Kids would “love” to play for him. Stupid but true.

I'm not as dismissive of the idea as others.

It could work if Deion is truly committed.

But he wouldnt be. He ain't leaving Dallas. He ain't ready for the 24 hour grind of a college football coach.

Advertisement
I hope and pray it’s Sanders, with Luke on that staff. Dime bags will replace the fuschia tampon pouch...

Deion Sanders retired from football almost two decades ago and has never coached a minute in his life. There is zero chance he will be hired as FSU's head coach and has to have been added to this list as some type of courtesy.

IF he somehow got the job—meaning everyone else turned it down—the only "instant energy" would be the rest of the college football world laughing their asses off as the Seminoles making the dumbest hire in the history of college sports.

With the recent Stoops talk and now this—based on fact Briles and Leavitt are staying—it seems FSU is simply looking for a figurehead who can sit atop the program for 2-3 years before they turn the keys over to head coach in waiting, Briles. They simply know they can't promote him yet and need someone to come in and right the ship program-wise before he takes over.

There is no guarantee Briles or Leavitt stay. I wouldn't be surprised to see either at a new school next year

Advertisement
Back