Defensive adjustments

What is the Golden slurper's rebuttal for the refusal to cover shallow crossing routes for the last several weeks of the season?

What part of the scheme is designed to allow shallow crossing routes to go uncovered?

Kids aren't executing. Shayon needed to work on his backpedal a bit more and improve his jam.

But you want to redshirt one of our most fluid linebacker recruits. Can't have it both ways

Your sarc detector....needs calibration.

Advertisement
What is the Golden slurper's rebuttal for the refusal to cover shallow crossing routes for the last several weeks of the season?

What part of the scheme is designed to allow shallow crossing routes to go uncovered?

Kids aren't executing. Shayon needed to work on his backpedal a bit more and improve his jam.

But you want to redshirt one of our most fluid linebacker recruits. Can't have it both ways
I hope you're not talking about Jackson. He played exclusively with his hand in the dirt last season.

Do you not think he'll need plenty of coaching to become a good linebacker who's fluid when dropping and reading routes?

Good thing Michigan State stuck with Narduzzi after 4 years not showing any marked improvement from the prior 4 years before he was hired.
It took him until his 5th year for him to get Mich State into a top defense nationally and haven't looked back.
Why did it take him 5 years if talent based on recruiting rankings didn't really improve. Scheme was about the same the first 4 years compared to the 5th and beyond. ANyone have answers?

I hope you're not talking about Jackson. He played exclusively with his hand in the dirt last season.

Do you not think he'll need plenty of coaching to become a good linebacker who's fluid when dropping and reading routes?

With barrow and dno? No. See tight end, tackle tight end

Good thing Michigan State stuck with Narduzzi after 4 years not showing any marked improvement from the prior 4 years before he was hired.
It took him until his 5th year for him to get Mich State into a top defense nationally and haven't looked back.
Why did it take him 5 years if talent based on recruiting rankings didn't really improve. Scheme was about the same the first 4 years compared to the 5th and beyond. ANyone have answers?

LMAO look at Mich St.'s total defensive rankings from 2007 till now.

GTFO. Narduzzi has never fielded a defense as $hitty as the one we have been force-fed for the last 3 seasons.

Advertisement

LMAO look at Mich St.'s total defensive rankings from 2007 till now.

GTFO. Narduzzi has never fielded a defense as $hitty as the one we have been force-fed for the last 3 seasons.

See I just don't understand how you don't see what I'm saying. We suck. Redshirting a 4 star player that can help is ridiculous. Now if we were in FSU or LSU spot then clearly her end shirts. But we aren't. If he can make one game changing play that's worth burning his redshirt.

2013- #2
2012- #4
2012- #6

FAIL
123.gif

2013- #2
2012- #4
2012- #6
Not sure what that has to do with his pedestrian defenses from 2007-2010 which weren't any better than the ones from 2003-2006 before he took over.
Moreso his defense from 2007 to 2009 were getting his progressively worse with his 3rd year being his worse.

I asked why but you don't seem to have answers.

Last edited:
If I hear this ****** Ibis say Scheemz or any variation again im gonna kill myself

Get a new schtick ******

Advertisement
The increases in talent may help us just out talent some teams, but I dont think its going to do anything vs the good teams

We need All-World talent for that and we dont have that type of a roster

Advertisement

2013- #2
2012- #4
2012- #6
Not sure what that has to do with his pedestrian defenses from 2007-2010 which weren't any better than the ones from 2003-2006 before he took over.
Moreso his defense from 2007 to 2009 were getting his progressively worse with his 3rd year being his worse.

I asked why but you don't seem to have answers.

The people who responded apparently didn't read your post. Your post made very good points. As you said, it took him 5 years to develop that defense that we see today. And, that's without any improvement in recruiting rankings. So, your question still stands.

The scheme is complete trash imo. The historically bad defenses maybe have been the confluence of bad veteran players, inexperienced talented kids playing too early and transitioning from 4-3 to a 3-4, but the fact is the scheme produced the worst defenses ever fielded at Miami. The scheme has to be a part of that. that said, I expect better results this year since it will be year two in the full scheme. We also have better players playing the pivotal roles. The Jack, Mike, will, corners, safties and the ends are all getting an upgrade. Dt is probably a wash. Has no choice but to get better. I also expect more schematically due to more versatile athletes being on the field.

I hope, but I'm not sure. I'm hanging on to the hope that they'll make some changes. If they ask these DTs to do what last year's DTs were asked to do, I think we'll see only a marginal bump up (ranking-wise).

You don't think having AQM playing full time and bush back in the play making saftey/hybrid role he played as a frosh will move the defense forward significantly? This is probably blind hope and homerism, but I see this defense being built around Deon and AQM. They will give us real versatility and give teams less to sight adjust to. It was too easy to scheme against our personnel last year. Too many one trick pony's on the field for us last year. I think AQM/McCord and Bush are the lynch pins to unlocking this scheme. At least I hope so.

The lynchpin to this defense, from a technical standpoint, is the NT. The type of players you mention will "make the plays" and flash, but only after it's setup by the NT who has been asked to engage.

Hope we see some adjustments.

We are in the situation where we need to burn all the current D Playbooks and start from scratch

Ah yes! Miami fans are such geniuses. Change everything or fire the whole staff is always their stupid answer.

How about being patient and letting the staff get this worked out? I know the village idiots on here think they have it all figured out but let's pretend the coaching staff knows more than they do.

****ing mopes...

How many more times do we need to give up 500 yards of offense before people realize that our coaching on defense is a problem?

I still think the one thing we all still miss seeing is that the talent we had on the field on defense was just BAD fellas...BAD!. The coaching staff could very well be the problem but when the core of guys you have to work with is filled with people like Gaines, Rodgers, Highsmith, Porter and others like that you have no chance.
Now that we've cycled thru some really unproductive players from past regimes, this staff is on watch. But I'm not ready to say it's their fault unless we see the same garbage from THEIR guys this year.

Advertisement

I get what you're doing and you're definitely entitled to your opinion. I am not going to fight with you and like I said you're entitled to your opinion.

The issue is many coaches (after 3 years) have done the same thing and did not improve at all. Sure, Al and Co can get the defense much improved but at the moment there is nothing at Miami that would indicate that is on the horizon. So your example (true or not), is just an example of someone have success after a long time. That doesn't mean all coaches given a long time will have success...it just an example of one coach that had success.

You can argue that Golden will be like Jim Harbaugh (4 wins, 5 wins, 8 wins, 12 wins). You can argue that Golden will be like Bill Callahan (5 wins, 8 wins, 9 wins, 5 wins). These are just comparisons, they mean nothing.

At this point, the same issues on defense occurred in year three. Now I believe we had some talent issues (obvious) but those talent issues don't explain 90 points to Duke and VT in YEAR 3. My answers are you HOPE he can change things but there is little evidence that says he can fix things on D given the status quo.

Some comments from a MSU fan after Narduzzi's third year at MSU.
This is the defense MSU continuously goes to. It is our bread and butter defense. It might work if we had 3 copies of Greg Jones at LB, but of course we do not. This is the defensive scheme that allowed Minnesota's bad offense to go for 500 yards, Purdue's offense to go for 500 yards, Central Michigan to go over 400, Notre Dame to get over 400, Wisconsin to go over 400, Michigan to put the game into OT, and Northwestern to nickel and dime us all day.
This is what Pat Narduzzi calls, this is what he likes, this is what he wants. This is why I want him fired. Promoted. Or Demoted. In any event, we need a new defensive coordinator if MSU is ever going to be better than a 6-6 mediocre Big Ten team.

The point is that there was no indication at that time that Narduzzi would ever produce a great defense - or even a good one. The last three years they have been great, but in 2009 that was tough to imagine.

That's not to say D'Ononfrio has it in him to do the same. I don't think he does, but he's going to have this year to prove most people wrong - including myself. I'm not expecting much.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that producing crappy results means you will be much better later. I think it usually works out that you will continue to produce crappy results. I believe Narduzzi is the exception that makes people uneasy about the rule.

One thing that most of the guys on this defense have in common is that they were thrown into the fire when they arrived here.

Denzel, Chick, Pierre, Bush, Howard, Jenkins, Crawford, Figueroa, AQM, Kamalu....the list goes on. Nearly all of them haven't had a chance to develop. That experience should pay big dividends in 2014.

The increases in talent may help us just out talent some teams, but I dont think its going to do anything vs the good teams

We need All-World talent for that and we dont have that type of a roster

I didn't realize they had all world talent at temple.

Advertisement
Back