Deen and Mesidor

That's what Guidry does
No it is not. Guidry likes to confuse the the QB and interior OL but his style isn't necessarily about blitzing. Guidry was interviewed by Joe Rose before the season and he said that he blitzed much more early on in his career and that recently he blitzes much less frequently. Said that there are many times where he will show pressure then back out.

That being said he did say that ultimately his style and the frequency with which he blitzes is determined by the type of personnel he has and that he will play to their strengths. It is also determined by the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent. Guidry closed by saying that this group he has right now at Miami are much more comfortable and in their element playing aggressive and downhill.

I think the heavy blitzing vs ATM was because Guidry wanted Weigman to get the ball out quickly. He didn't want to give him the time to identify deeper downfield routes because our secondary specifically the CBs are susceptible to the deep ball.

Advertisement
The sacks will come. Bain and Kelly will both gain valuable experience and learn as they go. I would say that by the middle to later part of the season that we will begin to see our young DEs begin to emerge. By the later part of the season health permitting, the entire DL will look much different and by that I mean better. The 2024 season will be a much more productive year for our DEs.

Keep in mind that the techniques being taught on the DL differ greatly from the " Just pin your ears back and blow upfield without any regard for gap integrity or discipline that Diaz taught. No. These kids are being taught the game from the ground up with all the fundamental techniques and obsessive attention to detail that the previous regime had no clue about. It will take a bit longer to learn and master but once learned it will be well worth it.

Yeah I was more-so clowning him for the fake insider bs again.
Unless Cribby or DMoney speak up beforehand, we’ll all find out shortly when Mario addresses the injury situations for multiple guys…probably tomorrow?

Kam, Mesidor, Deen, Kelly, Mauigoa, Fletcher were some off the top of my head.

I think all we know about Mesidor was that he was put in a boot for precautionary measures, which would lead to ankle concerns…but normally that’s not season-ending. At least I hope not in this case.
I don’t like getting into the injury stuff Unless somebody is reporting false info like Ferman did wirt Tvd, dude reported the wrong injury , severity and a bogus claim he was 50-50.

I have spoken on Kam and Fletcher because they were fine but significant injuries I leave to UM to release that info. I will say Mesidor is the one injury that had me concerned. It didn’t sound promising for a quick return . I do think Deen returns, that one sounded more positive.

Last edited:
I don’t like getting into the injury stuff Unless somebody is reporting false info like Ferman did wirt Tvd, dude reported the wrong injury , severity and a bogus claim he was 50-50. I

have spoken on Kam and Fletcher because they were fine but significant injuries I leave to UM to release that info. I will say Mesidor is the one injury that had me concerned. It didn’t sound promising for a quick return if any at all this season. I do think Deen returns, that one sounded more positive.

Didn’t Mesidor have a foot injury last year?

We are thin at DE. I’m guessing it now becomes a 4 man group of Kelley, Harvey, Bain, Wayne. This means moss has to start eating up some snaps as well. Yikes. Do we even have any other DE’s on the roster?

Advertisement

We are thin at DE. I’m guessing it now becomes a 4 man group of Kelley, Harvey, Bain, Wayne. This means moss has to start eating up some snaps as well. Yikes. Do we even have any other DE’s on the roster?
Chantz and Moss.

We are now razor thin at SDE. We should give Campbell a look at SDE if Mesidor is out for the season or anywhere close to that long.

Chantz and Moss.

We are now razor thin at SDE. We should give Campbell a look at SDE if Mesidor is out for the season or anywhere close to that long.

Yeah I would think it goes Bain, Chantz/Campbell.

Chantz can hold his own against smaller teams to take some snaps off Bains plate to keep him fresh for ACC schedule

I can’t remember but tbh i don’t know enough to give a time frame. It was the only injury that didn’t seem like a day to day type thing

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah I would think it goes Bain, Chantz/Campbell.

Chantz can hold his own against smaller teams to take some snaps off Bains plate to keep him fresh for ACC schedule
Would be a huge loss but we have some alternatives at DE IMO, where it really hurts is when we use him at DT, someone's going to need to eat those snaps

No it is not. Guidry likes to confuse the the QB and interior OL but his style isn't necessarily about blitzing. Guidry was interviewed by Joe Rose before the season and he said that he blitzed much more early on in his career and that recently he blitzes much less frequently. Said that there are many times where he will show pressure then back out.

That being said he did say that ultimately his style and the frequency with which he blitzes is determined by the type of personnel he has and that he will play to their strengths. It is also determined by the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent. Guidry closed by saying that this group he has right now at Miami are much more comfortable and in their element playing aggressive and downhill.

I think the heavy blitzing vs ATM was because Guidry wanted Weigman to get the ball out quickly. He didn't want to give him the time to identify deeper downfield routes because our secondary specifically the CBs are susceptible to the deep ball.
really liked his comment, i adjust my style to his personal .....

Advertisement

We’ve got bodies just green. Guidry will no doubt play chess with whoever is available.

The sacks will come. Bain and Kelly will both gain valuable experience and learn as they go. I would say that by the middle to later part of the season that we will begin to see our young DEs begin to emerge. By the later part of the season health permitting, the entire DL will look much different and by that I mean better. The 2024 season will be a much more productive year for our DEs.

Keep in mind that the techniques being taught on the DL differ greatly from the " Just pin your ears back and blow upfield without any regard for gap integrity or discipline that Diaz taught. No. These kids are being taught the game from the ground up with all the fundamental techniques and obsessive attention to detail that the previous regime had no clue about. It will take a bit longer to learn and master but once learned it will be well worth it.

sacks are **** but it is really about pressure...as long as we keep the pressure we can force the qb into making mistakes. Teams will adjust by getting the ball out quicker so lack of sacks may not tell the whole story

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back