Deen and Mesidor

Kelly was limping during the game as well.

Thankfully they can get some time off and rest with Bethune and Temple up next before conference play starts
BCC was a 60+ point win with last season. Will be a great opportunity for the young ones to get some burn without it being 1-2 4th quarter drives. Maybe come out swinging so the first team can sit the who second half? Rest the dinged up players.

Temple lost to Rutgers 36-7 this afternoon. Yikes. Another quick rout to get key starters on the bench. And rest minor injuries.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imo, sacks are a little overrated these days. QBs are so much more mobile or able to throw the ball away. I thought that Weigman was hurrying his throws because there was fairly consistent pressure. Compare as an example how much more comfortable TVD was in the pocket.
Weigman was punched in the mouth as I stated what needed to happen for us to win. Rattle the ****..and he was.

I get that sacks aren't the only way to properly judge a DE, but they are an absolute, so they can't be overrated. Pressures are a half measure. I personally would love to have a dominant DE who finishes the play.
Sure, in a perfect world. But you cannot discount that QBs are far more athletic than they've ever been, and many are able to get outside the pocket and throw the ball away. Weigman was very athletic and was able to do a good job avoiding sacks but you did see that his decision-making was repeatedly hurried because he knew that pressure was coming (even when it wasn't). Rarely did he have a clean pocket and time.

Advertisement
Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office
bruh i get the macho talk but we're not losing to Bethune Cookman or Temple, I'll give you guys GT isn't a "gimmie"

we're also not the players, so me saying those are gimmie wins on a message board doesn't change how the team prepares for them

Next two games are going to be huge with building depth with the young guys. If we can get a couple to step up and get the other guys healthy for conference play then that’s huge.
Agreed. Mesidor and Deen have played more high level football than anyone on that side of the ball.

They don't need reps to prepare for conference play. They just need to get healthy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back