Deen and Mesidor

Bain got a lot of snaps but didn’t do much. Neither did Kelly. It’s a bit surprising we only have 3 sacks thru 2 games. I still think the pass rush will end up being pretty good. Too many talented DE’s for it not to be.
Sacks may not be there today but we beat the **** out of their QB and forced rushed throws.

Advertisement
He's done some nice things. You can praise him for his contributions. He just doesn't have any elite traits to get him to the QB consistently.

Our defence lacks that type of playmaker off the edge. Hopefully someone steps up as the season goes on.
We got pressure all game. It's not just about sacks.

FYI, we are loaded at DE.

Advertisement
Bain got a lot of snaps but didn’t do much. Neither did Kelly. It’s a bit surprising we only have 3 sacks thru 2 games. I still think the pass rush will end up being pretty good. Too many talented DE’s for it not to be.
Imo, sacks are a little overrated these days. QBs are so much more mobile or able to throw the ball away. I thought that Weigman was hurrying his throws because there was fairly consistent pressure. Compare as an example how much more comfortable TVD was in the pocket.

Advertisement
Glad we have 3 gimme games before UNC

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

Imo, sacks are a little overrated these days. QBs are so much more mobile or able to throw the ball away. I thought that Weigman was hurrying his throws because there was fairly consistent pressure. Compare as an example how much more comfortable TVD was in the pocket.

I get that sacks aren't the only way to properly judge a DE, but they are an absolute, so they can't be overrated. Pressures are a half measure. I personally would love to have a dominant DE who finishes the play.

Advertisement
Pressure > Sacks, especially as a team stat.

Advertisement
it's not only surprising but a bit concerning since our DL and pass rush is considered a strength of the the team.

Advertisement
Back