Deen and Mesidor

Advertisement
Pure speculation but it could be some kind of hairline fracture where he is able to walk in a boot but cannot put significant pressure to pivot and turn quickly. It would not cause him to miss the entire season but he would be out indefinitely and miss several games.

Again, just speculating but trying to read the tea leaves. Cribby said the other injuries were more day-to-day and Mesidor’s was more serious. He did not say it was a BAD injury involving soft tissue, etc. That together with the fact that he was walking in a boot without crutches and under his own power gIves me hope it is not season-ending.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought Dean was going to come back into the game. They had him on the sideline and he was doing everything you could to show Fields (looked like him) he was ready to go back into the game. Running in place hard, doing single leg hip rotations. He kept telling the coach to give him his helmet. It looked from that it was a precaution to keep him out. Didn't see Mesidor at all.

Advertisement
Mesidor being out an extended period would be a massive, massive blow. He’s the most versatile lineman we have and I was expecting a huge season from him. REALLY need good news here. I’m not sure, outside of Kam and maybe Mauigoa, that there’s a defender we can afford to lose less.
and James Williams - he has improved tremendously and our safety depth behind him and Kam are meh at the very best.

Yeah I was more-so clowning him for the fake insider bs again.
Unless Cribby or DMoney speak up beforehand, we’ll all find out shortly when Mario addresses the injury situations for multiple guys…probably tomorrow?

Kam, Mesidor, Deen, Kelly, Mauigoa, Fletcher were some off the top of my head.

I think all we know about Mesidor was that he was put in a boot for precautionary measures, which would lead to ankle concerns…but normally that’s not season-ending. At least I hope not in this case.
The only reason the boot concerned me is for a foot injury. lisfranc or some other issue just takes time to heal. Nothing you can really do and he def has his sights on the NFL. Hopefully he can get back out there because he is in the argument for best player on the team overall, not just DL or Defense.

Is there any real updates out on either of these guys or just mostly speculation. We can't really afford to lose either of these guys. Our run defense is still a huge concern in my opinion.

Advertisement
Is there any real updates out on either of these guys or just mostly speculation. We can't really afford to lose either of these guys. Our run defense is still a huge concern in my opinion.
bruh you know the answer to this lol can you name ONE player that was hurt and we got "real" updates?

Zion (knee),
Messidor (last year (foot))
Restrepo (last year (foot))
Van Dyke (last year (shoulder) and this year (hand))
Citizen (knee)
Chaney (last year, hip)
Parrish (last year, I forget but know he missed soem time)
George (last year hand)
Redding (last year, unknown)
Arroyo (last year, knee)
Rivers (last year)
Clark (last year unknown)
Denis (last year hurt filling in for Clark)
Justice (last year, forget what he hurt but was out for the year)

I am sure there are more as most of the above is just offense but I do not recall any "real" release from UM for any of the above. With the exception of Restrepo checking a reporter when they said out "indefinitely" or something like that and he said he would be back that season. Otherwise most of the updates came from our people, practice reports, or just seeing someone with a boot or brace or whatever. IMO that is all we will get here. Just look at practice reports and for some vague hints that slip through the cracks. Even the maudes are on the lookout for improper injury updates as UM wants this ish secret.

Advertisement
Who on the schedule is great at running the ball

Who on the schedule is great at running the ball
UNC is probably the best on our schedule since rushing 243 yards/games so far. FSU and Louisville are solid running teams. Georgia Tech is average at best as a team but they probably rely on running the ball after gaining 175 yards against L'ville this past weekend.

Just glad we got Bethune this week and not heading into ACC play. I was a little miffed with the bye week after Temple but now its really needed.
The next week Temple and then an open date. Almost a month before GT. Hopefully by GT all will be healthy

Imo, sacks are a little overrated these days. QBs are so much more mobile or able to throw the ball away. I thought that Weigman was hurrying his throws because there was fairly consistent pressure. Compare as an example how much more comfortable TVD was in the pocket.
Also, plays are more designed to get ball out before any DL can possibly get to QB.

Advertisement
Back