Deejay Dallas To RB

Advertisement
He is sneaky explosive. Blows my mind that the coaches didn't make this move back in Spring when we clearly had no depth.

I think he's been practicing there. I also think we'll be seeing more Thomas out of the backfield as well.

Advertisement
When Deejay came on campus, I always thought he'd be placed in as a CB/S and after that, possibly RB given that he's a good athlete and getting the ball in his hands is a must. Given what we have in the '18 class, I didn't think receiver would suit him. The kid's got speed, RB would be great for him.

Advertisement
It’s his most natural position. He’s an instinctual runner and is explosive with good size. Move should have been done especially with him seemingly running 7th or 8th in the receiver spot when we have lacked depth at running back

Homer. Choc. Burns. Atkins. Dallas.

In that order.

The emphasis will be on pass blocking with this group.

he said he'd get some reps at rb. he didn't say it was an all out move to rb. it may be permanent, but that wasn't what richt said.

Advertisement
he said he'd get some reps at rb. he didn't say it was an all out move to rb. it may be permanent, but that wasn't what richt said.

I didnt say he was never going back to wr. Everybody knows that its to create depth because of the walton injury.

Either way since he has good hands we can have him lined up in the backfield running routes or whatever too

DLo3UB7VAAAsdAZ.jpg

Advertisement
I'm very intrigued by the possibilities. I could see him getting some snaps sooner than later, especially on pass plays where he's asked to run a route rather than block. Kid could be a real problem on swing passes, wheel routes, etc.

Though he'll definitely have to prove he can block if he's really gonna get some burn. Same goes for all the other backs, though.

I think we can all agree that this move should be permanent.

Advertisement
Back