Deejay Dallas To RB

Yes, he is perfect for running the wildcat as a credible passing threat. I hope Richt creates a package for him...

You mean kind of like the package Coker created for Hester. It's one thing to throw in a trick play now and then to keep a defense off balance, but it's usually a bad sign (desperation comes to mind) when an offense has to resort to tricker-ation to create momentum.

Advertisement
When I saw Deejay in person at Duke game, my first thought was this dude is to jacked to play WR. This kid is a safety or RB. You noticed how physical he was on the one KO return against FSU. Not afraid to get in there and mix it up. I hope he excels at RB. This kid was my favorite recruit so I hope he can make a splash at RB. He is not being used as a WR, so let's unleash this kid somewhere else.

I personally think his best position is safety.. Time to go look at some Deejay Dallas recruiting videos again

He may have been promised to play on offensive side for at least first year. Otherwise I feel he would already have been moved there. Think about it, no way Knowles can play safety better then him. So he would have already been playing minutes at safety if he was agreeable to that.

I dont like this move... His future is at DB or WR IMO..

The tram's future is right now. And we need another RB right now. Dallas came here with the idea of being a utility guy. He'd love to get some burn toting the rock.

Your probably right, I just dont wanna ruin this guys career. Hope he gets moved to safety sooner then later

Wasn't getting any reps this year anyway. Don't know how you ruin his career by giving him a chance to get on the field as a true freshmans.

The tram's future is right now. And we need another RB right now. Dallas came here with the idea of being a utility guy. He'd love to get some burn toting the rock.

Your probably right, I just dont wanna ruin this guys career. Hope he gets moved to safety sooner then later

Wasn't getting any reps this year anyway. Don't know how you ruin his career by giving him a chance to get on the field as a true freshmans.

Wasn’t that what he said in an interview when he got on campus? Just want to find a way to get on the field and help the team win?? Boom done.

Advertisement
Agreed; If...his ultimate goal is the league. If not, and all he’s trying to get is his education paid for, then it really doesn’t matter.

Kids need to look out for THEIR interests.

Astonishingly ignorant statement. A goal for every Power 5 player is to make a living from the game, if possible. With Deejay's background as a Running QB (identical to Cam Akers' background in MS) along with his short and heavy RB build he could certainly achieve all of his goals by dedicating himself to Running Back.

Deejay can help both the team and himself with this move. I can't remember the last 6-7th WR we had that got drafted. Looking at the Storm 18 class strength at WR, DeeJay can make a move up the depth chart at RB.

Agreed; If...his ultimate goal is the league. If not, and all he’s trying to get is his education paid for, then it really doesn’t matter.

Kids need to look out for THEIR interests.

Astonishingly ignorant statement. A goal for every Power 5 player is to make a living from the game, if possible. With Deejay's background as a Running QB (identical to Cam Akers' background in MS) along with his short and heavy RB build he could certainly achieve all of his goals by dedicating himself to Running Back.

Deejay can help both the team and himself with this move. I can't remember the last 6-7th WR we had that got drafted. Looking at the Storm 18 class strength at WR, DeeJay can make a move up the depth chart at RB.

His build is definitely more that of a RB than of a WR.

DeeJay will serve nice at RB, this kid is a Gamer!! I just see this a positive for the offense, he will be able to create mismatches in the passing game coming out the backfield and CMR will definitely take full advantage of that with him.. I like him rotating with Homer and Gray, Rosier is a QB that can move around in the pocket and DeeJay can get open in space..

Advertisement
He is a safety...if they put him there he will have one of the safety spots locked up for at least the next 3 years. . I don't care who we got coming in next year....

Lets face it. To use all the tool belt players we have and to get people like Thomas and Dallas in space in creative ways. We need to hire an OC or two. The two guys that were with Strong last season in Texas would have these athletes at Miami putting up ridiculous numbers. Richt wants to win conservatively, and when the offense is stalled out he opens up a little bit. We very rarely attack the middle of the field when our greatest advantage would be exploiting LB's with dynamic athletes, so safeties have to help the middle and then you start destroying them with Richards and Harley up the sideline. Everytime we hit the middle something good has happen in the passing game. Route concepts need help imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back