Deejay Dallas to CB or FS... thoughts?

That doesn't make any sense at all. Case in point would be why you did not include Bethel in that group.

Fact is that Deejay is not a starting RB. He is not a starting WR. Yes, he is electric with the ball in his hands, but he's not going to unseat Homer and Lingard will probably jump both of them on the depth chart. If Deejay could be an elite CB then it's well worth it to switch him over given what we already have on offense. And if the experiment fails you put him back. It's not like we're going to lose anything by at least trying him out there.

what proof do you have that he can be an elite cb? all his HS highlights were on offense. I saw the jump Corn elder and Michael Jackson made under Rumph. I think Dean will be a contributor. The two early enrollees will def pay.

Advertisement
What? Bench? Deejay is the type of player that the number of touches per game is the most important factor, regardless of how he gets the touches. There is literally no one else on the team that offers Deejay's skill set. His skill set is literally an offensive coordinator's dream. You just simply do not switch that type of playmaker to DB as an experiment.

Ok great, I've never said that he's not valuable. If you're ok with him being a 3rd down back instead of trying him out at CB where Nick Saban wanted him, then we'll agree to disagree. I wish we had the luxury of keeping him on offense, I just don't think our secondary is where it needs to be, and it's not even close.

what proof do you have that he can be an elite cb? all his HS highlights were on offense. I saw the jump Corn elder and Michael Jackson made under Rumph. I think Dean will be a contributor. The two early enrollees will def pay.

I don't have any proof. That's why I used the words "if" and "experiment".

Advertisement
Been said Dallas could be used like Peppers...if Lingard and Davis are as advertised...Dallas could be used in wildcat and different packages.....defensively, use him at db on passing downs..also get pr/kr reps...I trust he can do it all...kid is reliable and very intelligent....

Did you see how he was used against Notre Dame?

I expect to see more those packages in 2019 as a changeup, he can be very effective this way.

Too valuable on offense as a multi talented back. RB, WR, wildcat QB, KR, PR, etc. plus he’s really smart and can be counted on to know the plays and offense inside out from what I’ve heard.

So unless he’s shown a special aptitude to be a DB, I think he can help the team more on offense.

Plus, If he were to play on defense, he’d be more of a safety than a cornerback anyway, so I think that’s just a crazy idea. He’s built like a safety and has skills that would translate to safety not CB if you were to go that way...so, NO

put him in at QB, have Lingard and Homer on either side. Make them pick their poison with a pass/run option...Remember, Deejay played QB in HS

Advertisement
Put him anywhere by put the kid there and leave him.Dont ruin his chances at the next level changing him back and forth and all over because you can’t do your job recruiting right.
I love the way this kid played with the ball in his hand,he has great instincts.But put him somewhere and leave him.

Too electric with the ball to keep off the field regardless of a lack of true position. Use him like Clemson has found a way to get production out of Ray Ray McCloud the past few years. Like others have said...jet sweeps, screens, passes out the backfield, or motion him out to five wide and he is a matchup nightmare in the slot against a linebacker or split him all the way out as a decoy to open up the middle of the field for crossers. Richt just has to keep getting more creative that’s all.

Shame if that happe
I would still use him on offense, at times, with his own package of wildcat plays as the qb. But with all the talent on offense this year, I think the team would be better if he was moved to cornerback.

I remember ppl were saying Saban offered him as a cornerback, he obviously is a rare talent that is elite at multiple positions. It would give the freshmen and Jhavonte Dean more competition, and adds quality depth to an already talented unit.

CB1 - Michael Jackson / Gilbert Frierson

CB2 - Deejay Dallas or Jhavonte Dean

NB - Trajan Bandy / Jaquan Johnson

..... Looks real nice on paper.

That would be like using your swiss army knife to cut your steak.

Advertisement
I have a feeling 3 years from now we're going to be talking about DJ entering the draft and what position the NFL teams like him at.He seems to be one of those guys that's good at many posiions but not great at any.He's not better than our top wrs,he's not better than our top rbs and he's not better than our top dbs.He can help at all those positons.For his sake I hope the staff decides whee they like him and keep him there.

I like the idea of him touching the ball. If he get a pick on d, good chance he turns it into six. Also, I notice last year, he was real could getting it into the end zone. He might not be big, the the kid looked like one of those who just refuses to be kept out. I’d use him on goal line. A real talent.

Advertisement
He has a very high football IQ and you can't really teach that. You either have it or you don't and it could actually only get higher. I would like to see him on both sides of the ball this year. Especially if his time becomes limited to the new additions on the offensive side of the ball. The kid is a true baller would also hate if they take away snaps from him due to those additions on offense. As far as where to place him on defense I really can't say because I haven't seen him there yet but I'm sure they can find the best place for him out there. Just find a way to put your best 11 out there on the field.

Kid may be the best offensive weapon on the team and you want to put him on defense? Um, no

I would still use him on offense, at times, with his own package of wildcat plays as the qb. But with all the talent on offense this year, I think the team would be better if he was moved to cornerback.

I remember ppl were saying Saban offered him as a cornerback, he obviously is a rare talent that is elite at multiple positions. It would give the freshmen and Jhavonte Dean more competition, and adds quality depth to an already talented unit.

CB1 - Michael Jackson / Gilbert Frierson

CB2 - Deejay Dallas or Jhavonte Dean

NB - Trajan Bandy / Jaquan Johnson

..... Looks real nice on paper.

Absolutely not. If I’m on the staff I’m not considering this at all. Deejay needs the ball in his hands.

Lol it's interesting how all of the ppl against the idea of Deejay moving to defense keep parroting this same shxt about him needing the ball in his hands.

Context ppl context smh.... I and the few that agree clearly have said that he should still get touches on offense but defense should be his primary position.

Two way players aren't common but they do exist... and Deejay Dallas is the ultimate two way player.

You all keep using this argument that "he needs the ball" as if he is going to touch the ball even 50% of the time?? He's not.

Even if he was just stuck at RB.... not only is Homer getting most of the reps, there are still a rolodex of WRs and TEs who also gotta eat and need the ball.

The limited amount of reps he's going to get anyway on offense, makes it the perfect situation for him to be our next two way star.
Line him up at safety or cb, sprinkle in reps at PR, WR, RB, and Wildcat QB. Dude could end up a heismam candidate before he leaves.... would only help his NFL value.

Advertisement
Back