Deejay Dallas to CB or FS... thoughts?

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Banned
I would still use him on offense, at times, with his own package of wildcat plays as the qb. But with all the talent on offense this year, I think the team would be better if he was moved to cornerback.

I remember ppl were saying Saban offered him as a cornerback, he obviously is a rare talent that is elite at multiple positions. It would give the freshmen and Jhavonte Dean more competition, and adds quality depth to an already talented unit.

CB1 - Michael Jackson / Gilbert Frierson

CB2 - Deejay Dallas or Jhavonte Dean

NB - Trajan Bandy / Jaquan Johnson

..... Looks real nice on paper.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Unorthodox view...but if we switched him to defense...he would have a huge understanding on the offense and with his lack of top end speed, and some weight game (about 20 lb's) I think he could be just as good as Jermaine Grace

I would still use him on offense, at times, with his own package of wildcat plays as the qb. But with all the talent on offense this year, I think the team would be better if he was moved to cornerback.

I remember ppl were saying Saban offered him as a cornerback, he obviously is a rare talent that is elite at multiple positions. It would give the freshmen and Jhavonte Dean more competition, and adds quality depth to an already talented unit.

CB1 - Michael Jackson / Gilbert Frierson

CB2 - Deejay Dallas or Jhavonte Dean

NB - Trajan Bandy / Jaquan Johnson

..... Looks real nice on paper.

You don't think DJ Ivey can play?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did you see how he was used against Notre Dame?

I expect to see more those packages in 2019 as a changeup, he can be very effective this way.

Too valuable on offense as a multi talented back. RB, WR, wildcat QB, KR, PR, etc. plus he’s really smart and can be counted on to know the plays and offense inside out from what I’ve heard.

So unless he’s shown a special aptitude to be a DB, I think he can help the team more on offense.

Plus, If he were to play on defense, he’d be more of a safety than a cornerback anyway, so I think that’s just a crazy idea. He’s built like a safety and has skills that would translate to safety not CB if you were to go that way...so, NO

For the record I think Ivey, Blades, and Bethel can play immediately but it's always better to have more depth to have to compete against. Even if Deejay Dallas moves to safety, it upgrades the talent next to Jaquan Johnson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
when Dean is out there making plays this year we are going to forget about Deejay at CB

I believe Dean is going to be a heavy part of the rotation this year, but we need another non freshman athlete for him to compete against for that starting job. Losing Malek young was a big loss in that regard. But Deejay Dallas is talented enough to put some pressure on Dean for that #2 spot.

I believe Dean is going to be a heavy part of the rotation this year, but we need another non freshman athlete for him to compete against for that starting job. Losing Malek young was a big loss in that regard. But Deejay Dallas is talented enough to put some pressure on Dean for that #2 spot.
I'd prefer moving Redwine back to CB, we have enough at safety to do it.

Did you see how he was used against Notre Dame?

I expect to see more those packages in 2019 as a changeup, he can be very effective this way.

Too valuable on offense as a multi talented back. RB, WR, wildcat QB, KR, PR, etc. plus he’s really smart and can be counted on to know the plays and offense inside out from what I’ve heard.

So unless he’s shown a special aptitude to be a DB, I think he can help the team more on offense.

Plus, If he were to play on defense, he’d be more of a safety than a cornerback anyway, so I think that’s just a crazy idea. He’s built like a safety and has skills that would translate to safety not CB if you were to go that way...so, NO

He's a beast... I would still have packages to use him on offense and PR. But I think there is too much talent for us not to be able to find more than one person that can replace the high impact DJ brings to that side of the ball.

I would play him on offense, defense, and special teams but make defense his primary position.

Advertisement
Back