Deejay Dallas to CB or FS... thoughts?

Advertisement
I'd prefer moving Redwine back to CB, we have enough at safety to do it.

It depends on the progress of Amari Carter and Derrick Smith. Both have the talent that they should be better than Redwine or atleast on par with him this season. If that's the case moving Redwine makes sense.

But in terms of overall talent having DJ or Dean at cb is an upgrade over Redwine. I prefer Redwine at safety, t
he is a solid defensive player, but I think in a perfect Miami world he would be 2nd string on this team.

Last edited:
Nope. Leave him at RB. He was pretty **** good there. With him there, we have a complete stable of RBs.

The issue I have with this point is Travis Homer is going to be the starter for the next two years. Lorenzo Lingard and Cam Davis are both good enough to play this year. This creates a log jam where we are keeping talent off the field bc of the nature of the rb position.

I would rather have Deejay Dallas out on the field making plays every down on defense as a true starter... Instead of having to come off the bench in certain packages on offense for the next two years.

I updated the thread title to include FS as well. After thinking about it, I like the idea of him starting at FS next to Jaquan Johnson.

Advertisement
The issue I have with this point is Travis Homer is going to be the starter for the next two years. Lorenzo Lingard and Cam Davis are both good enough to play this year. This creates a log jam where we are keeping talent off the field bc of the nature of the rb position.

I would rather have Deejay Dallas out on the field making plays every down on defense as a true starter... Instead of having to come off the bench in certain packages on offense for the next two years.

You don't know if Homer's going to be the starter for the next two years. Deejay could surpass him, as could Lingard.

Richt, as is evident at UGA, likes to run the ball. Deejay at times looked like our best RB last year. I'd like to keep the ball in his hand.

I'd like to move him back to WR. Maybe in the slot to replace Berrios. Then once in a while bring out the direct snap packages he seems to do so well in.

I liked him at corner out of high school...But I think he shares top RB start with Homer and returns punts. As of right now he is the 2nd most dangerous weapon on offense behind Richards.

Advertisement
I shall pass, he is a multi-purpose threat on offense who seems to avoid getting taken down in traffic unlike other backs. He looks to get almost five plus yards every touch.

Semper Canes

Advertisement
There is no way I would move him away from RB. First of all, we have already switch his position from WR to RB. To then move him into a 3rd position in less than a full year, would not be fair to him at all. He had to work his *** off to learn the RB position (plays, blitz pickups, etc). Now that he is coming into his own as an RB, to ask him to start over as a DB, just doesn't make sense IMO.

I agree with your position. We have elite top tier talent at RB and WR at this moment. Homer, Lingard, and Davis need their carries. I see Lingard as the workhorse and Homer as a 3rd down type. It's true that Deejay is electric with the ball in his hands, I don't think any of us can doubt that, but our corners suck. They made almost every QB including a 3rd stringer from UNC and the Wisconsin lefty that throws like a girl, look All-American. Couple that with the way they looked against Kelly Bryant and it's obvious we need a talent infusion there.

I'd put Deejay as a primary defender with some special plays on offense here and there, but he needs to be on defense IMO.

Advertisement
The kid is a dynamic playmaker & an absolute Matchup Nightmare.

He's not a blazer in terms of pure straight line speed, he's quicker than fast, but what makes him look like a speedster is his shiftiness.

He's a decisive runner, so he just hits the hole & go, he doesn't do a whole lot of dancing waiting for something to open up. And in the open field is where he's most dangerous because he knows exactly where to go, he's not running worrying about getting tackled he's just hauling *** getting down the field.

It took Richt way too late in the season to get him the ball regularly as is, there's no reason to put him on Defense you don't take the ball out of his hands.

And despite not closing on the AH Corners, our Secondary is actually pretty **** loaded, they're just young & inexperienced at CB.

It took Richt way too late in the season to get him the ball regularly as is, there's no reason to put him on Defense you don't take the ball out of his hands.

And despite not closing on the AH Corners, our Secondary is actually pretty **** loaded, they're just young & inexperienced at CB.

Except that our secondary sucks and is not loaded. The only player back there that could've started on Clemson was Jaquan Johnson. Every other job should be up for grabs. LOL "pretty **** loaded" where do yall come up with this. Considering we have Lingard, Homer, Richards, Thomas, Pope and Brevin, I think it's ok to test out the waters and see if Deejay is as good at corner as Nick Saban thought he was. Lord knows we need it after watching us against Syracuse, UNC, Clemson and Wisconsin last year. Maybe rewatch those games before saying how loaded we are in the secondary.

Advertisement
Back