Dee Jay Dallas to start out at WR

What... Now we are even more thin at CB.. could of had Brini or Gibson.. WTF man.. Dejay would start at CB right away as well.. WR is crowded... Our season is over if we gotta rely on the guys like Michael Jackson and Ryan Mayes at CB.. only person I have faith in is JaQuan johnson...

Advertisement
What... Now we are even more thin at CB.. could of had Brini or Gibson.. WTF man.. Dejay would start at CB right away as well.. WR is crowded... Our season is over if we gotta rely on the guys like Michael Jackson and Ryan Mayes at CB.. only person I have faith in is JaQuan johnson...
OH my God... Lmaooooo!

I'm not in agreement with this. I think we need him more at CB.

The kid is good really good with ball in his hands from the QB position. I don't know how well that will translate to WR. Personally i'd like to see him at FS backing up Quan.

Advertisement
I would have loved to see what Corn could have done of offense, I like this move

Miami speed!!!!!! Richards, Cager, Berrios, Mullins, Harley, Thomas, Herndon, Haskins and Irvin will give secondaries nightmares!!!!

Advertisement
Harley
Dallas
Thomas

Any of these WRs not strictly slot guys? Thomas can probably play outside I assume.

That's my thought. I think Harley can line up outside and run 9 routes in a lot of packages and Thomas is everything.

DeeJay is a pure slot to me.

Advertisement
I would love to see him bulk up a little bit and get some work as FS. The potential to have an athletically gifted guy who has bought into the system and has the strength of character to be a vocal leader at the FS position is exciting.

Also, my guess is the shortage of scholarship WRs (six, I think) on campus in the Spring was at least part of the reason for the decision to start DeeJay off at WR.

Advertisement
I knew this was coming when Dugans didn't his blurb when he enrolled. This dude's dynamite with the ball in his hands. Rick wants to put up points.

Tells me we might also be fairly sure we're going to grab a grad transfer CB.

This^^^^^

Why are so many posters always insistent on putting guys that are explosive with ball in their hands at DB.

I understand the need at CB, but one thing Rumph has shown is that he CAN coach them up. I think our secondary is gonna surprise many again this season and it will also leave another slot available for one of the 2018 DB's.

Rumph better figure out a way to close on guys next cycle. Wether it's hiring a pet monkey to entertain the recruits, setting himself on fire or finding a competent and discrete bagman, bottom line is there will be no excuses.

I think his eventual position is DB - especially if he wants to go pro, but the coaches know best.

If you were around at the time, DJ Williams played his first year in the offensive backfield and Eric Winston started as a tight end. and Sam Shields started as a receiver. Of course, there were side stories to some of those cases.

Advertisement
Back