Dee Jay Dallas to start out at WR

Personally wanted DJ at corner. Just thought he looked so natural at that position on tape.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I knew this was coming when Dugans didn't his blurb when he enrolled. This dude's dynamite with the ball in his hands. Rick wants to put up points.

Tells me we might also be fairly sure we're going to grab a grad transfer CB.

This^^^^^

Why are so many posters always insistent on putting guys that are explosive with ball in their hands at DB.

I understand the need at CB, but one thing Rumph has shown is that he CAN coach them up. I think our secondary is gonna surprise many again this season and it will also leave another slot available for one of the 2018 DB's.

Rumph better figure out a way to close on guys next cycle. Wether it's hiring a pet monkey to entertain the recruits, setting himself on fire or finding a competent and discrete bagman, bottom line is there will be no excuses.

Because defense wins.

I knew this was coming when Dugans didn't his blurb when he enrolled. This dude's dynamite with the ball in his hands. Rick wants to put up points.

This^^^^^

Why are so many posters always insistent on putting guys that are explosive with ball in their hands at DB.

I understand the need at CB, but one thing Rumph has shown is that he CAN coach them up. I think our secondary is gonna surprise many again this season and it will also leave another slot available for one of the 2018 DB's.

Rumph better figure out a way to close on guys next cycle. Wether it's hiring a pet monkey to entertain the recruits, setting himself on fire or finding a competent and discrete bagman, bottom line is there will be no excuses.

Because defense wins.

I'm guilty of not really watching tape on DeeJay until tonight. Great move to start him out on offense.....kid is extremely fast and shifty with the ball in his hands.

I am sure the coaches appreciate all of the advice and analysis provided in this thread, and will give it the attention it deserves.

Advertisement

This^^^^^

Because defense wins.

So do touchdowns.

Advertisement
Yeah I don't like the decision but I'll trust the coaches. Mayes and Jackson are going to see snaps next year at CB. Front 7 needs to absolutely dominate.

How much CB did he play in HS? I doubt he would have had a huge impact in year one at DB.

Personally wanted DJ at corner. Just thought he looked so natural at that position on tape.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I was expecting him to start at out at CB but I'm good with wherever Richt wants to put him. That WR corps of Richards, Mullins, Njoku, Harley, Thomas, Cager, and Dallas looks **** good on paper.

most of the best DBs out there were electric in HS with the ball in their hands. i have no doubt that Deejay can end up being a **** good WR. But, lile with Corn, i think he has the potential to be a difference maker at DB

Advertisement
Dee Jay has the talent to be a #1 wr but we already have AR82 so its not pertinent. The thread stated he will STart at wr(gotta get the ball in his hands and let em do what it do. Eric Berry was a stud qb in hs and dominated, then he was recruited as the #4 cb and Army AA to Tenn, moved to safety and drafted #5 overall to kc chiefs. All Pro and top 2/3 safety in the league...hint hint, let it playout. this kid is that dynamic. Cant wait to see him in the O&g. And yes, i put him up there with E Berry. Im setting the bar high and expect he, thomas, AR82, mullins, perry, herndon, walton and co. to run through the coastal.

Last edited:
I like putting our best athletes on defense. The best athletes on those early 2000s teams were guys like Sean Taylor, Phillip Buchanon and Antrel Rolle.

They could score anytime they touched the ball, but they were impact defenders.

Dee Jay will move to safety yr 2 and anchor that young secondary. Country boy with Sfl talent and he got that dog in him. Dude is a natural leader, embraces the big stage and a great football iQ. Will be a team capt after yr 1. STEAL STEAL STEAL

Advertisement
I would like him atDB he's perfect type of player with a nasty mentality for Diaz D

This^^^^^

Because defense wins.

So do touchdowns.

Just like the saying in baseball, great pitching stops great hitting. Same thing in football. A lot of great offensive teams haven't won championships. But you won't find any championship teams that have not had a great defense.

I am usually in agreement with DMoney on these matters. However, I think Richt knows that the Defense is going to be okay with the current personnel and the recruits coming in.
We need as many game breakers on offense as we can get. Especially with a New QB coming in. Makes the transition of Brad leaving much easier.

It's early so him starting out at WR doesn't mean he'll finish there. But, I also would've liked to see him at CB/S with a wildcat package for him. He was electric with the ball in his hands in his highlights.

Advertisement
Back