Dee Jay Dallas to start out at WR

Advertisement
It's early so him starting out at WR doesn't mean he'll finish there. But, I also would've liked to see him at CB/S with a wildcat package for him. He was electric with the ball in his hands in his highlights.

You want Miami's version of Jabrill Peppers which is all fine and dandy on paper but I would prefer him to commit to one playbook for now. Developing his talent on both sides right out the gate might lower his ceiling overall on both sides.

I personally think we could better use him in the secondary. Perhaps try him on returns if he's that special with the ball in his hands, but Thomas, Harley, Richards, Cager, Mullins, Berrios, Harris, and Njoku offers plenty of weapons to utilize @ receiver. We need corners BADLY, and he looks very natural there in his film.

The more I think about this, the more perplexed I'm becoming about not making this kid a CB.

Then again, if he's indeed going to play both way then it probably makes more sense for him to start on offense.

Richt wants versatile weapons on his side of the ball. Having DeeJay on the field with Thomas and Richards to an embarassment of playmaking ability.

They probably figure the defensive scheme can hide a thin CB core for another year with the way the front 7 can attack and what they brought in at safety.

Advertisement
Ive known DJ since he was in middle school and he is a legit player on both sides of the ball. His 1st 20 yards are more explosive than anyone I have been around. Personally, I think he has the ability to be elite (1st round talent) in the secondary, but I don't disagree with the choice to put him on offense 1st. He's flat out special with the ball in his hands. Not to mention thick and strong. He's hard to bring down and elusive enough to make people miss. By the way, this young man is incredibly smart and a character kid. Despite that he is extremely competitive. Miami got the total package with DJ Dallas.

He's good with the ball in his hands but so we're prime and c woodson. 6'1 Great hips fluid runner with speed. Can break on a ball in a flash with that shiftiness. Could be a 1st round pick at corner

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back