Dearth of Local TE Talent

Advertisement
Ravian Pierce ot of plantation was a big prospect imo...

but i LOVE ..Chris Herndon and seem to be the first or ONLY one driving the bandwagon r ight now...that kid can really run...and has a nice frame with growth potential...he'll be the 6'3 235 pd pass catcher by his redshirt freshman yr imo..

Standish Dobard has that blocking/in line te spot locked up for the future imo.

Golden mentioned Herndon already being 235-238, and the lack of exposure probably hurt him some as far as hype goes. Good athlete but definitely a few years from contributing. Needs to learn to use his size better.

Really like Dobard too and think he can be a starting TE, good blocker and consistently underneath guy, but getting a more dynamic guy in the 2015 class would be cool. I'm just selfish and like super freak TEs.

There are actually three solid ACC tight ends from Palm Beach: Nick O'Leary, Clive Walford and Kalvin Cline from Virginia Tech.

But TE is for sure the weakest position down here. Pierce is the rare big-timer but he's probably better on defense anyway.

There are actually three solid ACC tight ends from Palm Beach: Nick O'Leary, Clive Walford and Kalvin Cline from Virginia Tech.

But TE is for sure the weakest position down here. Pierce is the rare big-timer but he's probably better on defense anyway.

Any chance Pierce ends up here?

Advertisement

but i LOVE ..Chris Herndon and seem to be the first or ONLY one driving the bandwagon r ight now...that kid can really run...and has a nice frame with growth potential...he'll be the 6'3 235 pd pass catcher by his redshirt freshman yr imo..

Golden mentioned Herndon already being 235-238, and the lack of exposure probably hurt him some as far as hype goes. Good athlete but definitely a few years from contributing. Needs to learn to use his size better.

Really like Dobard too and think he can be a starting TE, good blocker and consistently underneath guy, but getting a more dynamic guy in the 2015 class would be cool. I'm just selfish and like super freak TEs.

I feel like Herndon and Njoku are pretty dynamic.

If we are looking for a true tight end from south Florida then watch out for Jake Bargas out of Boca Raton.

Advertisement
in the history of the great Miami teams, where have the TEs come from? all the greats have come from outta state

Shockey - Oklahoma
Bubba Franks - Cali
Greg Olsen - NJ
Winslow Jr - Cali

Franks was actually out of Texas (born in Cali I think) but you're right. Could even add Chud to this list too.

I wouldn't. One of the better TEs in our history played on the '83 team, Glenn Dennison. He might have actually been named to a second team A-A. He was a second round pick for the Jets. He was from Beaver Falls, PA.

I feel like Herndon and Njoku are pretty dynamic.

And I don't know why everybody thinks Njoku is a TE. Has the staff described him as such? I haven't seen the post-signing press release, and I don't know what AG is saying about him. I just think it would be crazy to bulk him up to TE size and lose the ability to become an elite high jumper. How many 250 pound high jumpers are there?

Advertisement
Advertisement

I bet UM didn't even look at Kalvin Cline.

I bet UM didn't even look at Kalvin Cline.

I would hate my parents if they named me that

Advertisement
Back