Dear FSU...

Miami knocks off [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] Florida State sounds a lot better to me.

You also like the idea of every recruit in the nation watching FSU knock of #1 Alabama. I hate that idea
Look, I'm old school. I get it that you younger canes are timid. However, I have no problem with Florida State beating Bama and then two weeks later we knock off Florida State. Those same recruits that would see Florida State beat Alabama would then see Miami beat Florida State. How is that not a positive for Miami?

What am I missing, Young Homie?
Nothin OG! Spit that truth

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If FSU beats Bama and loses to us, there's a good chance they are still ranked higher than us. They're still on a path to remain in the TOP 5 so recruits that have grown up with FSU being the best team in the state still see them as a top team. It's better that they get exposed as a team that will drop 3-4 a year without Jameis Winston. They've won 11 straight over Miami and UF. They need more than one loss.

But besides all that logic, I should'nt have to explain to any Canes fan why they should root against FSU

Advertisement
Miami knocks off [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] Florida State sounds a lot better to me.

You also like the idea of every recruit in the nation watching FSU knock of #1 Alabama. I hate that idea
Look, I'm old school. I get it that you younger canes are timid. However, I have no problem with Florida State beating Bama and then two weeks later we knock off Florida State. Those same recruits that would see Florida State beat Alabama would then see Miami beat Florida State. How is that not a positive for Miami?

I think a lot of our fans truly don't believe we can beat FSU, so they root for ridiculous scenarios to "weaken" them when they play us. Hurt athletes, suspended athletes, lost all their games...I'm waiting to see someone write FSU forfeits UM in Tallahassee.

When posters are asked for their projections for the season, most assume that we'll lose to FSU. Every 11-1, 10-2, 9-3, etc projection includes a loss to FSU. Why? Francois is more than beatable! Our OL is better! We have the offensive tools and special team threats! Our defense is Championship caliber! Why are more than 50% of posters on this board picking FSU when we play? And I'm talking about the ones who call themselves Canes.

ESPN is already crafting the possibility of a 2-loss FSU getting in to the CFP. That would give us the opportunity to beat them a third time. Ridiculous, yeah. But it's better than being afraid to play the best team on our schedule head up. I'm just not ready to concede they're better than us.

-driving the undefeated bandwagon

Alabama Crimson Tide Florida State Seminoles College Football Playoff scenarios after Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic
1. The ACC becomes the first conference to get two teams into the CFP

This assumes: FSU beats Bama. Clemson beats FSU and Auburn and wins the ACC. The Seminoles' and Tigers' ranked opponents finish the season ranked.

How it happens: With two preseason top-five teams in No. 3 Florida State and No. 5 Clemson, and both teams playing an aggressive schedule to impress the selection committee, the ACC looks to have the most realistic shot of the Power 5 conferences -- but only if Florida State beats Alabama and Clemson beats Auburn.

Not only would FSU have arguably the best nonconference win of the season, it would also have racked up wins against No. 18 Miami, No. 16 Louisville and No. 17 Florida. Clemson could certainly finish in the top four with wins over No. 12 Auburn, No. 16 Louisville, No. 21 Virginia Tech and No. 3 Florida State. Don't be surprised to see NC State eventually pop into the committee's rankings as well.

If Clemson doesn't beat Auburn, or falters somewhere else, but still beats FSU and still wins the ACC, it wouldn't be far-fetched to see the committee do what it did with Ohio State and Penn State last year, and pick FSU over Clemson in spite of the head-to-head result and conference title.

I think a lot of our fans truly don't believe we can beat FSU, so they root for ridiculous scenarios to "weaken" them when they play us. Hurt athletes, suspended athletes, lost all their games...I'm waiting to see someone write FSU forfeits UM in Tallahassee.

When posters are asked for their projections for the season, most assume that we'll lose to FSU. Every 11-1, 10-2, 9-3, etc projection includes a loss to FSU. Why? Francois is more than beatable! Our OL is better! We have the offensive tools and special team threats! Our defense is Championship caliber! Why are more than 50% of posters on this board picking FSU when we play? And I'm talking about the ones who call themselves Canes.

ESPN is already crafting the possibility of a 2-loss FSU getting in to the CFP. That would give us the opportunity to beat them a third time. Ridiculous, yeah. But it's better than being afraid to play the best team on our schedule head up. I'm just not ready to concede they're better than us.

Alabama Crimson Tide Florida State Seminoles College Football Playoff scenarios after Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic

This assumes: FSU beats Bama. Clemson beats FSU and Auburn and wins the ACC. The Seminoles' and Tigers' ranked opponents finish the season ranked.

How it happens: With two preseason top-five teams in No. 3 Florida State and No. 5 Clemson, and both teams playing an aggressive schedule to impress the selection committee, the ACC looks to have the most realistic shot of the Power 5 conferences -- but only if Florida State beats Alabama and Clemson beats Auburn.

Not only would FSU have arguably the best nonconference win of the season, it would also have racked up wins against No. 18 Miami, No. 16 Louisville and No. 17 Florida. Clemson could certainly finish in the top four with wins over No. 12 Auburn, No. 16 Louisville, No. 21 Virginia Tech and No. 3 Florida State. Don't be surprised to see NC State eventually pop into the committee's rankings as well.

If Clemson doesn't beat Auburn, or falters somewhere else, but still beats FSU and still wins the ACC, it wouldn't be far-fetched to see the committee do what it did with Ohio State and Penn State last year, and pick FSU over Clemson in spite of the head-to-head result and conference title.

This is incredibly accurate. Don't believe it, see for yourselves: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes/121280

Not one "fan" is calling out Matt Porter for his 11-1 prediction. Everybody in that thread is just going along with the assumption that we're going to lose to FSU yet again, and probably drop one more that we're not supposed to.

AND THEY'D BE HAPPY WITH THAT RESULT!

By and large, the board would see FSU beating Alabama as confirmation that this year isn't our year to get it done yet. They're already making their excuses. Thin at TE or RB. Richt let Kaaya walk, and didn't do enough to keep o-line depth. Only 70 scholly players, etc...

I think we can get it done this year. I think we can beat FSU this year. Even if they're healthy. Even if they're better than Alabama.

This is incredibly accurate. Don't believe it, see for yourselves: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes/121280

Not one "fan" is calling out Matt Porter for his 11-1 prediction. Everybody in that thread is just going along with the assumption that we're going to lose to FSU yet again, and probably drop one more that we're not supposed to.

By and large, the board would see FSU beating Alabama as confirmation that this year isn't our year to get it done yet. They're already making their excuses. Thin at TE or RB. Richt let Kaaya walk, and didn't do enough to keep o-line depth. Only 70 scholly players, etc...

I think we can get it done this year. I think we can beat FSU this year. Even if they're healthy. Even if they're better than Alabama.

We can absolutely beat FSU. However, you're just dumb if you're going to argue 11-1 with the lone loss coming to FSU. That is the most likely loss and we WILL be the underdog. Asking Rosier to beat FSU in week 3 on the road is quite the ask and we'll have a better shot in a rematch. But sure pretend we'll be the favorite and have fun rooting for FSU in week 1.

Advertisement

We can absolutely beat FSU. However, you're just dumb if you're going to argue 11-1 with the lone loss coming to FSU. That is the most likely loss and we WILL be the underdog. Asking Rosier to beat FSU in week 3 on the road is quite the ask and we'll have a better shot in a rematch. But sure pretend we'll be the favorite and have fun rooting for FSU in week 1.

See that's that bull****. Nobody has ever said anything at all in this thread about "rooting" for FSU. I want to play the best teams. I like the idea of getting the opportunity to humiliate a top ranked FSU in their house in the game of the week. I don't really give a good **** what has to happen for that scenario to play out.

I just find it utterly shocking that the same folks trashing me for saying that FSU might beat Alabama, and if they do, it only elevates our week 3 match up, are the same folks who are pretty sure we're taking a loss in week three anyway, so the best scenario is for FSU to have lost also.

^^^ I'm in agreement that should FSU beat Bama, this will definitely elevate our game with them. Should FSU lose to Bama
and then we beat them, no doubt you would start to hear the "overrated" handle for FSU and probably diminish our win against them

See that's that bull****. Nobody has ever said anything at all in this thread about "rooting" for FSU. I want to play the best teams. I like the idea of getting the opportunity to humiliate a top ranked FSU in their house in the game of the week. I don't really give a good **** what has to happen for that scenario to play out.

I just find it utterly shocking that the same folks trashing me for saying that FSU might beat Alabama, and if they do, it only elevates our week 3 match up, are the same folks who are pretty sure we're taking a loss in week three anyway, so the best scenario is for FSU to have lost also.

Your stance was not that fSU might beat Bama. It was that we should root for them to beat Bama. Which I would say is dumb and every FsU loss helps Miami become the best team in the state. I also didn't say that I'm sure we'll lose you fSU. I am smart enough to know we'll be the underdog and I fully believe we can win. But looking at our schedule 11-1 with the lone loss coming to the hardest game on our schedule makes sense. Why would we beat FSU then lose to anybody else? Sure it could happen but that doesn't mean it's the high percentage pick

^^^ I'm in agreement that should FSU beat Bama, this will definitely elevate our game with them. Should FSU lose to Bama
and then we beat them, no doubt you would start to hear the "overrated" handle for FSU and probably diminish our win against them

Diminish our win? Fans still crown Jacory for beating a 7-5 FSU. If we win our conference we have a great shot at the playoffs and nobody's gonna say we'll fSsU lost to Bama. However, FSU beating Bama increases their playoff odds, their perception in the media, makes their fan base more annoying, and helps their recruiting.

Advertisement

Diminish our win? Fans still crown Jacory for beating a 7-5 FSU. If we win our conference we have a great shot at the playoffs and nobody's gonna say we'll fSsU lost to Bama. However, FSU beating Bama increases their playoff odds, their perception in the media, makes their fan base more annoying, and helps their recruiting.

I usually disagree with you but lately you've been making sense to me.

Plus we just fūcking hate them.

I still have yet to hear one good reason to root for FSWho.

It's easy to unite against fools saying to root for FSU.

"Your stance was not that fSU might beat Bama. It was that we should root for them to beat Bama." - Show me where I said this. I can't help what you heard, but I have never said to root for Alabama and have on at least 3 posts said that I will never root for FSU. And I will also never root for Alabama. Not only do I live in the heart of SEC country, it has been correctly pointed out that Alabama is a bigger threat than FSU as it pertains to recruiting. My stance has only ever been that should FSU manage to play like analysts are reporting that they are capable of, we could have a golden opportunity to make a bold statement.

"Which I would say is dumb and every FsU loss helps Miami become the best team in the state." - There is no state championship in college football. If we beat them, we're better. If they beat us, not so much. Wanting another team to beat up your rival for some arbitrary reason sounds a lot like a spoiled kid demanding a participation trophy.

"I also didn't say that I'm sure we'll lose you fSU. I am smart enough to know we'll be the underdog and I fully believe we can win. But looking at our schedule 11-1 with the lone loss coming to the hardest game on our schedule makes sense. Why would we beat FSU then lose to anybody else? Sure it could happen but that doesn't mean it's the high percentage pick" - Nothing unsound here. I just don't understand how Alabama factors into this if FSU beats us. It's basically the notion that if FSU beats Alabama and us people, recruits, will see FSU as better than us. Well the truth is that if FSU beats us, people are going to think FSU is better than us. Alabama is irrelevant to that argument.

"Diminish our win? Fans still crown Jacory for beating a 7-5 FSU." - Not me. I still remember when Hurricanes considered a 4 loss season to be a disaster no matter who we beat along the way. 9-4 is unacceptable. That is the standard that has been destroyed due to low expectations and settling for "good enough."

"and nobody's gonna say we'll fSsU lost to Bama." - Except every SEC homer with a microphone, which is all of ESPN.

"However, FSU beating Bama increases their playoff odds, their perception in the media, makes their fan base more annoying, and helps their recruiting." - None of this is true unless we fail to take care of business on 9/16 and ***** the pooch a few more times along the way. If that happens, though, what does anything else matter?

Advertisement
..."However, FSU beating Bama increases their playoff odds, their perception in the media, makes their fan base more annoying, and helps their recruiting."
^^^This is what Canes fans used to never do, and that's worry about how "annoying" someone's fan base was. I'm shocked it's even brought up as a point. Why? Because the biggest knock against Canes fans was we were the most annoying...and we didn't give a **** that we were the most annoying! That's the softest "reason" I've read; that's b*******ness! That's just not what Canes fan do/did.

this crybaby belief that Miami wins don't count but FSU wins do is hysterical and irrational. Let's turn this around a little bit, if FSU can't beat Miami how is it going to benefit their recruiting over Miami? If FSU can't beat Miami, how is it going to benefit their CFP chances? If FSU can't beat Miami, how is that going to benefit the media over Miami? If FSU can't beat Miami how is it going to benefit their fans over Miami?

Newsflash: The U is a bigger brand than FSU. Has been for the last 30+ years. And the media has been dying/begging for us to resurrect the swagger of old and put up a product the national media can sell (not too different than the PGA/TV hoping/waiting for Tiger's winning return). Teams/rivals fans hated us more than Saban/Meyer today, combined.

I guess I am just cut from a different cloth. You young canes are just timid. Why can't we beat FSU this year? We **** near beat them last year... and should have beat them. They lost their best player. We have an improved offensive line, a championship caliber defense and an offense that is littered with Playmakers. We have a quarterback that fits our play caller's offense. Yet, we are not ready to beat Florida State? SMH

I would relish the opportunity to knock off the number one team in the country

Last edited:

Young fella, I did not read that any Cane fans are are rooting for Florida State. Non-Timid Cane fans want to beat the best Florida State. You, the young and timid Cane fans, want to beat a weak Florida State.

If you don't see the benefits of beating the number one team in the country, then I have nothing else to say to you.

Advertisement

Young fella, I did not read that any Cane fans are are rooting for Florida State. Non-Timid Cane fans want to beat the best Florida State. You, the young and timid Cane fans, want to beat a weak Florida State.

If you don't see the benefits of beating the number one team in the country, then I have nothing else to say to you.

I see the benefits of beating the #1 team in the nation. Too bad Alabama isn't on our schedule. However, I see no benefit in our biggest rival and in state recruiting competitor to get a huge win in a kickoff game and being allowed to spend two weeks in front of the nation as the #1 team. You want FSU to be #1 yet I'm the softie. Lol

There's nothing "timid" about rooting for your rivals too lose and trusting your team to take care of business. If we take care of business it won't matter one bit where FSU is ranked. Our success isn't dependent on them.

Some of the FSU fans I have seen don't really like what ESPN chose to represent them.

DHx_aqtXcAAVpwg.jpg

For those of you who don't know the reference:

3e1467b8f670154c116759c8d7afc0d2.jpg

Read the post, not saying I'm rooting or FSU, what I am saying should FSU wins, and they are 2-0 and most likely ranked # 1 at that point then a win over them would carry much more weight on a national audience.

Advertisement
Back