Deal that Flake James made with Central Michigan

canefan96

Redshirt Freshman
Miami announced last month it would host Central Michigan, a MAC school, at Hard Rock Stadium on Sept. 21, 2019. The Hurricanes will pay the Chippewas $1.4 million for the game, according to CMU’s contract.

Miami will pay in two installments: $600,000 due to Central Michigan before June 15, 2019 and the remainder due before Feb. 15, 2020.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And we pay Arky State 400k for a game never played.

Keep that fundraising going, don't worry about being a real AD.

Is there a return trip to CMU?

And why are there not one but 2 games next year that we still haven’t scheduled? Is there any possibility that we’ll have to play 11 or even 10 games because it’s too late to find opponents?

Advertisement

And why are there not one but 2 games next year that we still haven’t scheduled? Is there any possibility that we’ll have to play 11 or even 10 games because it’s too late to find opponents?

Why do we want to travel to another bum fvck d2 school out in the sticks?

I'd rather have a neutral site game vs a Pac-12 team in Denver or something.

Paying another school to play a single home game at your place is standard business, and the asking price has skyrocketed in the last few years. 1.4 for Central Michigan is honestly a pretty standard deal. This doesn't happen for free. We don't get a "We're not as rich as Bama or A&M" discount. It guarantees us an extra home game. What is there to complain about here?

Paying another school to play a single home game at your place is standard business, and the asking price has skyrocketed in the last few years. 1.4 for Central Michigan is honestly a pretty standard deal. This doesn't happen for free. We don't get a "We're not as rich as Bama or A&M" discount. It guarantees us an extra home game. What is there to complain about here?

It's a fvckin waste of a game.

Give me Oregon in a neutral site like St. Louis

No return trip. We're buying the ability to just have them play in Miami.

There is actually only 1 game open next year, and it'll be an FCS team. The other opening is not finalized because it is supposed to be played @FIU, but the deal required them to have expanded their stadium by now, which hasn't happened, so it may be played at our place.

Advertisement
It's a fvckin waste of a game.

Give me Oregon in a neutral site like St. Louis
I may be in the minority on this, but I think neutral site games are horse****. I'd be a fan of a home/home with a team like Oregon, though. Also, let's be honest, do we really want this squad exposing itself to more quality competition than absolutely necessary? I agree that the thought of playing CMU is flavorless oatmeal, but if my other option is a juicy steak that could beat the crap out of me, I'd rather just accept the oatmeal.

Miami announced last month it would host Central Michigan, a MAC school, at Hard Rock Stadium on Sept. 21, 2019. The Hurricanes will pay the Chippewas $1.4 million for the game, according to CMU’s contract.

Miami will pay in two installments: $600,000 due to Central Michigan before June 15, 2019 and the remainder due before Feb. 15, 2020.

Should have given them 400k and handed Richt the $1 million for the IPF and said here’s the refund on your insurance policy.

Advertisement
The thing I've noticed about this place is when times are tough, people literally invent things to ***** about. With so many real issues, why complain about something that is standard operating procedure?

Bama is paying $6.71 million to have four teams to come in and take a pounding.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...non-conference-opponents-up-and-up/602876002/

The thing I've noticed is that Bama has won like 100 NC's in a row.

We are scraping to get a bowl bid.

What's your fvckin point? You might as well compare us to Real Madrid.

I may be in the minority on this, but I think neutral site games are horse****. I'd be a fan of a home/home with a team like Oregon, though. Also, let's be honest, do we really want this squad exposing itself to more quality competition than absolutely necessary? I agree that the thought of playing CMU is flavorless oatmeal, but if my other option is a juicy steak that could beat the crap out of me, I'd rather just accept the oatmeal.

Anyone. Anywhere. Anytime.

Until we have that mentality at the top we are all going to be here jerking our pudz.

The thing I've noticed is that Bama has won like 100 NC's in a row.

We are scraping to get a bowl bid.

What's your fvckin point? You might as well compare us to Real Madrid.

Did you read the article? It's a standard amount for scheduling that kind of game. For whatever reason we needed to fill a spot and you aren't going to do that against a legit, Power 5 type school because schedules are made 5,6 even 10 years ahead of time.

----------------------------------------------

Of course, the sub-$2 million fee actually falls in line with the rising cost of SEC powerhouses scheduling games against Group of Five opponents, including the $1.9 million Auburn is paying UMass for a pre-Iron Bowl home game Nov. 14, 2020, and the $1.9 million Georgia is paying Kent State for a 2022 home game in Athens, Georgia.

The largest payout to a non-conference opponent came in 2013 when Nebraska shelled out $2.125 million to have the Golden Eagles move a contest originally scheduled for Hattiesburg, Mississippi, to Lincoln, Nebraska, according to a report by FBSchedules.com.

Advertisement
Back