Deal that Flake James made with Central Michigan

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's not just Bama, it's the price being paid all over. Actually less.

Agree, should actually be a lot less for a MAC team to come to SFL for a vacation and due some recruiting while they are here.
I wonder how Flake negotiated it.

This is a dumb thing to b'tch about.
CIS PD.jpg

Advertisement
Is this the same school that used to be called Central University of Michigan? Wonder why they changed their name?

Advertisement
Miami announced last month it would host Central Michigan, a MAC school, at Hard Rock Stadium on Sept. 21, 2019. The Hurricanes will pay the Chippewas $1.4 million for the game, according to CMU’s contract.

Miami will pay in two installments: $600,000 due to Central Michigan before June 15, 2019 and the remainder due before Feb. 15, 2020.
This is the least of our complaints.

Is this the same school that used to be called Central University of Michigan? Wonder why they changed their name?
Could you imagine the crowds chanting back and forth in a game between them and South Carolina?

I love it when one of those teams get paid a ton to come lose and then win. Coaches can get fire for that. Think about it. Will we still be on a losing steak then?

My concern is that Miami will lose out 2018 regular season and then lose the bowl (as an eligibility waiver invitee).

Highly likely (at this point) Miami gets CRUSHED by UF in the opener.

MAYBE limps out a win against CMU, then loses out 2019.

I take no joy in saying above, it's f[]cking tragic, but my observations tell me Miami has solidly entered the Rice/Tulane/SMU tier.

I very much want to be wrong and proven otherwise. I'll be the first to say it and loudest.

Advertisement
I love it when one of those teams get paid a ton to come lose and then win. Coaches can get fire for that. Think about it. Will we still be on a losing steak then?
Perfect time for another tRicht extension here.

My concern is that Miami will lose out 2018 regular season and then lose the bowl (as an eligibility waiver invitee).

Highly likely (at this point) Miami gets CRUSHED by UF in the opener.

MAYBE limps out a win against CMU, then loses out 2019.

I take no joy in saying above, it's f[]cking tragic, but my observations tell me Miami has solidly entered the Rice/Tulane/SMU tier.

I very much want to be wrong and proven otherwise. I'll be the first to say it and loudest.

This guy has us going 1-11 and on the same level as Rice. Pretty rational.

This guy has us going 1-11 and on the same level as Rice. Pretty rational.

Ok. Let's see how the Ws-Ls play out.

I'll be first in line to say I was wrong. It happens.

Well actually, it doesn't ever.

My therapist says I have self-esteem issues.

Hahahaha.

Advertisement
Back