DE Tyler Baron transfers to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
I love what we’ve done to help Bain

To me he was asked to do way too much last year and it seemed like he wore down at the end of the year. That coupled with him being the only threat we had

That kid with some help and some rest and a year of getting stronger and better? Lawd.
We’ve got horses on the edge. It should help Bain be more productive because he won’t have to be the man every play. We have to stop the run to get them into passing situations to unleash these guys, though

Advertisement
If you put the film on our ends really have some nice sacks…..
Jon Stewart Coffee GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Advertisement
This DE rotation is going to be ungodly

1st Team
SDE Rueben Bain SO 6-3 275 (2023 All-ACC Third Team)
WDE Tyler Baron RSR 6-5 260 (2023 All-SEC Third Team)

2nd Team

SDE Akheem Mesidor RJR 6-3 280 (2022 All-ACC Honorable Mention)
WDE Elijah Alston RSR 6-2 256 (2023 All-SBC Third Team)

Then you add in the remaining DE's and its going to be nasty

SDE Anthony Campbell RSR 6-7 300
SDE Armondo Blount FR 6-4 275 (5 Star in 2024 class)
SDE Cole McConathy FR 6-5 245
WDE Malik Bryant SO 6-2 230
WDE Marquise Lightfoot FR 6-5 240 (5 Star in 2024 class)
WDE Booker Pickett Jr. FR 6-3 215
WDE Elias Rudolph FR 6-5 220

When was the last time Booker Pickett was weighed saw him at the spring game he looked a lot bigger than 215???

He should have never been given 37 snaps. Hes not a D1 football player in a P4 conference.
Bruh!! He’s a PWO that knows the line calls better than anyone else. He had a football scholarship. Did he take your son’s PWO spot or something?? Calmite’ the bowl game was nothing but a glorified scrimmage to see where they needed to make serious changes.

Advertisement
Bruh!! He’s a PWO that knows the line calls better than anyone else. He had a football scholarship. Did he take your son’s PWO spot or something?? Calmite’ the bowl game was nothing but a glorified scrimmage to see where they needed to make serious changes.
I’d like to see the guys who are expected to play get their shot in said glorified scrimmage. Kinsler and McCoy. If his last name wasn’t Cristobal he wouldn’t have played. Not sure that’s up for debate. And no, my son is 10. 🤣

OK I'm sorry. From now on he's a FIRSTER not a STARTER add it to the CIS dictionary with pause and prakis

It's all good.

And if you want to keep insisting that a guy who played 50% of the snaps (including the first one), when the other 4 OLs played 100% of the snaps each, that's up to you.

Peace.

All is a stretch but honestly this roster is good enough to do that fsu did last year. I think this offense can be better than theirs and defense maybe slightly worse. But they went 13-0 in this god awful league, there’s really no reason we can’t.

I suspect this is going to be a very, very good football team this year. Easily one of the 15 best in the country.

As far as overall record and outlook, I’m still sticking with minimum 10 wins or we have some really ****** coaches. It’s just really, really hard to win em all. But 10-2 with 11-1 upside if everyone stays relatively healthy should be the expectation.
I'd also add that assuming Ward is healthy that is a top 4 seed 99% of the time. FSU was only 5 because Travis was hurt and they looked putrid without him.

12 team playoff with bye games and playoff games at team's home stadium make it that much more interesting.

On top of all of that... I think this year is as level as the playing field has ever been. I see 3 teams (Georgia, Texas, and Oregon) that look like they're above everyone else, a few more that are in the next window (Ole Miss, Alabama, Ohio State) and then a large group (including Miami, FSU, Clemson, Utah, Michigan, ND, Penn State, etc) that could shake out a ton of different scenarios. The gap between the tiers isn't nearly as wide as the past either. The top 3 are already more beatable by a lower tier team than any other year in the last decade and 1 injury to those teams could push them down from tier A to tier C... like Carson Beck going down.. they're not beating Alabama or Ole Miss in that situation.

Welcome to the U!

Now let's get this thread back on Tyler Baron, please. A starter-quality edge rusher transfers to UM and the announcement thread barely makes it 12 hours before it's derailed into ::checks the last couple of pages:: Lou Cristobal starting at OG in the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl talk... really?
My bad. I was reading through the threads. @Ironmanfootball woke up and someone peed in his Cheerios again. Thus, distracting us from another glorious acquisition!!!

“You’re my boy Blue!! You know that right?”
“It’s Glorious Blue,,,Glorious!”

Advertisement
DL is filthy with the transfers and bain
Also nice that our young cats can just pin their ears back. Some with redshirt but remember the days we had guys like Joe Jackson or Garvin on the bench and they could just come in for a play and try and make something happen?

Pickett, Lightfoot, Cole, Rudolph etc someone will step up and have the chance to make some plays

Advertisement
I'd also add that assuming Ward is healthy that is a top 4 seed 99% of the time. FSU was only 5 because Travis was hurt and they looked putrid without him.

12 team playoff with bye games and playoff games at team's home stadium make it that much more interesting.

On top of all of that... I think this year is as level as the playing field has ever been. I see 3 teams (Georgia, Texas, and Oregon) that look like they're above everyone else, a few more that are in the next window (Ole Miss, Alabama, Ohio State) and then a large group (including Miami, FSU, Clemson, Utah, Michigan, ND, Penn State, etc) that could shake out a ton of different scenarios. The gap between the tiers isn't nearly as wide as the past either. The top 3 are already more beatable by a lower tier team than any other year in the last decade and 1 injury to those teams could push them down from tier A to tier C... like Carson Beck going down.. they're not beating Alabama or Ole Miss in that situation.
Also this year the 1-4 seeds are the highest rated conference champions. Winning the ACC becomes that much more important as its a win and you get an automatic qualifier to the playoffs and a bye week

Its going to be
1. SEC/B1G champ
2. SEC/B1G Champs
3. ACC Champ
4. Big 12 Champ
5-12: G5 champ + 7 open spots.

Personally, the teams out of the groups you list can either have great seasons or ****** seasons. Health matters. The Covid classes are almost behind us, a lot of young talent is hitting the field now.

I think going all in this year is a very smart move by Mario & UM. If we can secure a home CFP game by winning the ACC, which means a packed Hard Rock in front of the whole nation. All the "oh they play in front of 25k fans", "Mario is a QB killer", "UM can't win the ACC," all those narratives go out the window.

WIN that CFP home game and the top QB in the portal is almost a lock. So is a top 3 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back