Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
To recap...

Connections to MC:
Charlie Strong - Miami LB Coach (Currently on Staff)
Anthony Campinile - Dolphins LB Coach (Allegedly Interviewed in 2022)
Geoff Collins - Unemployed/Former HC Georgia Tech (Worked with MC at FIU)
Charlie Partridge - AHC/DL Coach Pitt (MC has expressed interest previously)
Tim DeRuyter - DC Texas Tech (Worked w/ MC at Oregon)
Jim Leavitt - DC SMU (Worked w/ MC at Oregon)
Derrick Ansley - DB Coach Chargers (On staff together w/ MC at Alabama 2016)
Brian Williams - DC Maryland (Offered a position last year, but got a promotion and stayed at Maryland)
Doug Belk - DC Houston (UM alleged interest in 2022)
Aazar Abdul-Rahim - AHC/DB Coach BC (On staff together at Alabama 2015)

No Connections to MC:
Jim Leonard - Unemployed/Former DC Wisconsin
Jon Sumrall - HC Troy
Joe Gillespe - DC TCU
Kurt Maddix - DC SDSU
Travis Williams - DC Arkansas
David Reeves - DC UAB
Tem Labaku - DC BC (Greg Schiano Tree)
Joe Rossi - DC Minnesota
Danny Gonzales - HC New Mexico (Rocky Long 3-3-5 disciple)
Trent Bray - DC Oregon State

Random Names that have popped up:
Brian Flores - Steelers Def. Coach
Jason Taylor - Current Analyst, Never Called Plays in College
Jeremy Pruitt - Has a Show/Cause w/ NCAA, likely un-hirable.
Glenn Schuman - He's not taking a lateral position IMHO.
Ed Reed - Come on Guys
Phil Parker - DC Iowa, He's been with the Hawkeyes since 1999...
Clint Hurtt - DC Seahawks, just got promoted last year
Mario’s contract would be over before he made it through all of those interviews.

Advertisement
Being that I’m familiar & intimate w/ both Miami & USC’s campuses, give me Coral Gables 1,000/1,000.

Literally SC was nicknamed University of South Central. It wasn’t just b/c the crack epidemic was in the heart of USC’s backyard, an epidemic that left unmitigated lasting devastation, but there was a time SC’s team was comprised of students from that area, so the fans were primarily residents from there.

Mind u, the immediate surrounding areas have become more & more gentrified, but its homeless crisis is grand central less than a mile away & it’s a vast stretch of that.

Yet, u don’t see parents shying away from sending their kids there. Lol. That excuse regarding Miami is just that, an excuse. Parents have zero problems sending their kids to a racist infested area, as long as the check clears & their baby is being seen on Sundays.

It’s one of the oldest excuses just to say, “nah, I don’t wanna come to ur school.” If u’re making $2m/yr, I can guarandamntee u ain’t living no where in the urban legend hoods of Miami! FOH. At $2m/yr, u r in that 1% category, & Idgaf if ur school is in Miami, Los Angeles, NOLA, Atlanta, Detroit, etc., ur residence will be in an exclusive neighborhood & ur minor kids will be receiving some of the best private school education in the nation.
As an alumnus of the University of Miami, resident of Coral Gables since 1993 and parent of a junior at USC, I completely endorse this message.

My daughter calls us monthly complaining about security in and around campus. Last week, a homeless person broke into her apartment complex and decided to skinny dip in the pool, ransack FedEx packages intended for residents, and then sleep on the lounge chairs. And that was a humorous and uneventful update. Gun shots at night are common and security alerts are frequent. It’s so bad, the University provides free Uber/Lyft rides around campus so students don’t have to walk at night.

No comparison to the Gables. None.

As an alumnus of the University of Miami, resident of Coral Gables since 1993 and parent of a junior at USC, I completely endorse this message.

My daughter calls us monthly complaining about security in and around campus. Last week, a homeless person broke into their apartment complex and decided to skinny dip in the pool and then sleep on the lounge chairs while ransacking FedEx packages for residents. Gun shots at night are common and security alerts are frequent. It’s so bad, the University provides free Uber/Lyft rides around campus so students don’t have to walk at night.

This skinny dip incident is not uncommon. One of my most epic, thorough beat downs came at the expense of a guy who skinny dipped in my ex’s complex community pools. I was upstairs cooking for her, waiting for her to come home & I heard her scream at the top of her lungs as this dude got out & tried to hug her. Mind u, this is PRE-homeless crisis. The expeditious nature of how quickly I got to him was literally comic book worthy, & LAPD thanked me b/c that was bro’s 3rd incident in 2 months. (Broke his arm & jawline)

Called her mom & said she’s gotta move now, & that’s exactly what she did, moving to the nicer Westside of L.A b4 finishing up. It’s a f’ing mess around SC, but again, where do we hear of parents sending their kids away from there? Never. So when I hear of the excuses of either parents or potential coach’s wives use that not to come to f’ing Coral Gables, color me jaded & suspicious.

Last edited:
Being that I’m familiar & intimate w/ both Miami & USC’s campuses, give me Coral Gables 1,000/1,000.

Literally SC was nicknamed University of South Central. It wasn’t just b/c the crack epidemic was in the heart of USC’s backyard, an epidemic that left unmitigated lasting devastation, but there was a time SC’s team was comprised of students from that area, so the fans were primarily residents from there.

Mind u, the immediate surrounding areas have become more & more gentrified, but its homeless crisis is grand central less than a mile away & it’s a vast stretch of that.

Yet, u don’t see parents shying away from sending their kids there. Lol. That excuse regarding Miami is just that, an excuse. Parents have zero problems sending their kids to a racist infested area, as long as the check clears & their baby is being seen on Sundays.

It’s one of the oldest excuses just to say, “nah, I don’t wanna come to ur school.” If u’re making $2m/yr, I can guarandamntee u ain’t living no where in the urban legend hoods of Miami! FOH. At $2m/yr, u r in that 1% category, & Idgaf if ur school is in Miami, Los Angeles, NOLA, Atlanta, Detroit, etc., ur residence will be in an exclusive neighborhood & ur minor kids will be receiving some of the best private school education in the nation.
100%.

I will say at $2M/yr in LA you can live very, very well on the beach in South Bay or Pasadena/San Marino. Now traffic? Hmmmmm

People want to compare Miami and USC, because both are private, but UCLA may be a better, less inaccurate comparison.

To recap...

Connections to MC:
Charlie Strong - Miami LB Coach (Currently on Staff)
Anthony Campinile - Dolphins LB Coach (Allegedly Interviewed in 2022)
Geoff Collins - Unemployed/Former HC Georgia Tech (Worked with MC at FIU)
Charlie Partridge - AHC/DL Coach Pitt (MC has expressed interest previously)
Tim DeRuyter - DC Texas Tech (Worked w/ MC at Oregon)
Jim Leavitt - DC SMU (Worked w/ MC at Oregon)
Derrick Ansley - DB Coach Chargers (On staff together w/ MC at Alabama 2016)
Brian Williams - DC Maryland (Offered a position last year, but got a promotion and stayed at Maryland)
Doug Belk - DC Houston (UM alleged interest in 2022)
Aazar Abdul-Rahim - AHC/DB Coach BC (On staff together at Alabama 2015)

No Connections to MC:
Jim Leonard - Unemployed/Former DC Wisconsin
Jon Sumrall - HC Troy
Joe Gillespe - DC TCU
Kurt Maddix - DC SDSU
Travis Williams - DC Arkansas
David Reeves - DC UAB
Tem Labaku - DC BC (Greg Schiano Tree)
Joe Rossi - DC Minnesota
Danny Gonzales - HC New Mexico (Rocky Long 3-3-5 disciple)
Trent Bray - DC Oregon State

Random Names that have popped up:
Brian Flores - Steelers Def. Coach
Jason Taylor - Current Analyst, Never Called Plays in College
Jeremy Pruitt - Has a Show/Cause w/ NCAA, likely un-hirable.
Glenn Schuman - He's not taking a lateral position IMHO.
Ed Reed - Come on Guys
Phil Parker - DC Iowa, He's been with the Hawkeyes since 1999...
Clint Hurtt - DC Seahawks, just got promoted last year
Kurt Mattix is a Rocky Long disciple as well

Advertisement

My boy Don is 6’2, 300lbs +, played football in some school on the Westcoast, and went with teammates to a USC game. Once they parked and stepped outside, some dudes approached them asking the what they claimed. Homie is from Miami so he was rocking that white Tee, no colors. He said that hood ain’t no joke.

Coral Gables is one of the best areas in Miami, even though I would never live there. Definitely hit up their night spots.

100%.

I will say at $2M/yr in LA you can live very, very well on the beach in South Bay or Pasadena/San Marino. Now traffic? Hmmmmm

People want to compare Miami and USC, because both are private, but UCLA may be a better, less inaccurate comparison.

Correct; I agree w/ u. U know this. UCLA is definitely more comparable outside of the student body size. However, in regards to standards, surrounding community, this is a way more appropriate comparison. The only difference is UCLA is a public school (not really, though), & Miami is a true private school, but the amenities r **** near the same. Even the healthcare; SC’s healthcare is more along the lines of County health.

My daughter calls us monthly complaining about security in and around campus. Last week, a homeless person broke into her apartment complex and decided to skinny dip in the pool, ransack FedEx packages intended for residents, and then sleep on the lounge chairs. And that was a humorous and uneventful update. Gun shots at night are common and security alerts are frequent. It’s so bad, the University provides free Uber/Lyft rides around campus so students don’t have to walk at night.

Driving down Granada rivals any upscale urban area in the country. Plus, Miami's campus is gorgeous.

Advertisement
My boy Don is 6’2, 300lbs +, played football in some school on the Westcoast, and went with teammates to a USC game. Once they parked and stepped outside, some dudes approached them asking the what they claimed. Homie is from Miami so he was rocking that white Tee, no colors. He said that hood ain’t no joke.

Bro, u have several long time established hoods in direct opposition w/ each other over there. U have the Fruit Town Brims, Harvard Park Brims & the Harlem 30 Crips & Dark side 40 Crips. Then up the block, u have the Rollin 20 Bloods, u have the 18th Streets lurking in close proximity & The Varrio Harpy 13’s. U gotta know where u r. The gang activities have simmered a bit, it ain’t like it was in the 80’s - early 2000’s as many of those hardcore guys r either dead, jailed or forced to move out (my granny’s apt was sold to SC & it was the home to Fruit Town Brims), but it’s still weird around there & u gotta watch urself.

LAPD & Campus Security do a good job in keeping the students as safe as possible; u don’t hear too many incidents that happen to students, but it’s still an uncomfortable scene if u’re not careful or from around there.

1st off....Suck my compadre D*ck...
2nd...now we have neither, and everyone is Happy that we're possibly getting a guy who's never called plays in a CFB Defense....and spare me with Rutgers BS....I said that in November, after our so-called Defensive genius was absolutely *** raped by a so-so FSU team....It's fans like you that Love mediocrity....be sure to keep this so called receipt when we Win 6 games next yr (if we're Lucky) because of garbage *** coaching.

Can you fight?

Advertisement
Bro, u have several long time established hoods in direct opposition w/ each other over there. U have the Fruit Town Brims, Harvard Park Brims & the Harlem 30 Crips & Dark side 40 Crips. Then up the block, u have the Rollin 20 Bloods, u have the 18th Streets lurking in close proximity & The Varrio Harpy 13’s. U gotta know where u r. The gang activities have simmered a bit, it ain’t like it was in the 80’s - early 2000’s as many of those hardcore guys r either dead, jailed or forced to move out (my granny’s apt was sold to SC & it was the home to Fruit Town Brims), but it’s still weird around there & u gotta watch urself.

LAPD & Campus Security do a good job in keeping the students as safe as possible; u don’t hear too many incidents that happen to students, but it’s still an uncomfortable scene if u’re not careful or from around there.
Sounds like all you're missing are the Turnbull AC's, and the Orphans.

Advertisement
Gaby is correct
christmas vacation GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back