Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TemplarCane

A Real One
Premium
With all the discussion about OC candidates what about DCs? Many seem disenchanted with Steele. If he were to depart, one way or another, does anyone think LBs coach Charlie Strong should or would get consideration as new DC? He was DC for Meyer‘s NC teams at UF. His HC experience not so great, did well at Louisville, but Texas is a toxic job and USF is…well…USF.

Good recruiter, IIRC.

Our LBs have been meh at best, bad at worst, but that room may be the worst of all.

Just throwing this out there….or other names…?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ryan Walters is young and has a good rep. Brett Bielema hired him as DC at illinois and they have the top scoring defense and top yardage defense in the entire country in his first year. They are also 2nd in ypp defense

now this is big 10 so take the rankings with slight grain of salt but still impressive none the less to be #1 and #2 in so many categories

he wast the missouri DC previously for a few years

Ryan Walters is young and has a good rep. Brett Bielema hired him as DC at illinois and they have the top scoring defense and top yardage defense in the entire country in his first year. They are also 2nd in ypp defense

now this is big 10 so take the rankings with slight grain of salt but still impressive none the less to be #1 and #2 in so many categories

Would be a great hire. But he'd have to be allowed to bring in his guys

Advertisement

What should we make out of so many of these “top” Big Ten offenses?

Advertisement
My dawg should have left for greener pastures while he was hot. UH defense has been getting drug this season, probably lost some stock.
Mannn I was thinking like his stock hit rock bottom fast lol. He def should have hauled *** out there. Dan Campbell needs to take the next job also cuz staying at Iowa State is doing him no favors

I would go after Pete Golding from Bama. He get killed because Bama is slipping but I think the blame with Bama DBs (Sabans speciality) but they had a good gameplan against LSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gattis can EAD as he walks out the door for all I care but I'm not ready to give up on Steele. He stands up there and takes accountability for the way the defense plays each week. There are tons of things that need to be fixed, and hopefully a lot of it is with talent that Mario brings in through recruiting and the portal, but I for one think he gets to return next year.

Kevin Kane
Shiel Wood
Joe Rossi
Lance Guidry
Kurt Mattix
Tyson Summers
Kevin Coyle
Kane is one of my brothers best friends. He was a year ahead of me and a stud LB in high school and college. Started 3 years at KU under Mangino. He’s been with Bilema and then was SMU DC under Dykes. He has aspirations to be a HC. He’s outside linebackers/Associate HC at Illinois now. I’m just not sure he has the experience Mario would want tbh and he’s as solid as a dude as it comes. He runs an aggressive 4-3. Kids would like him and Mario would like his mentality for sure but he’s 38 and not sure he has the tree below him unless Mario would want to keep everyone else in place with him.

no to strong. if you fire your DC, you fire everyone on that side. idc who came w Mario from Oregon. strong hasn't dced in forever. there are better candidates out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back