Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I work with the public almost everyday and run into people from all walks of life.
I spoke to a local high school coach. He’s not from a big school or a powerhouse.
Coaches love Mario. This bs narrative that is being spun by the media and dudes in here is according to him “bullsht”. People would love to work for him.

The problem is Miami itself.
Now this is according to him and it’s not me saying it.
A lot of wives don’t want to live here and have their kids live here.
Unfortunately it’s a stigma that still exists for this city.
It’s also a huge culture shock. I wasn’t gonna post this Until the campineli name came up cause now it makes sense to go after someone who’s already here instead of trying to convince a small town wife to move down here.

Also, he said the “culture” stigma is now affecting the coaching hire as well.
A lot of coaches have heard too many bad things from former coaches and former players.
He said coaches don’t want to put their reputation on the line for players who are gonna be too distracted to put in the work or just plain don’t want to put in the work.
This also makes sense given how Mario appears to be recruiting talent along with character. He absolutely needs to change this narrative if that’s what is being said.

This was being said during a coaching clinic when coaches were in between sessions and conversing.

I know it’s a far cry to say that a local coach is tuned in to what top coordinators in other states are thinking. But it is a small community.

Maybe the coaches on here can verify or dispute what he said. Sometimes rumors take a life of their own and this is all bs just like half of the names being reported.

truthfully? sounds right. may not be the ONLY factor with the delay but certainly could be a factor. need to get the wives down here on a visit to Merrick Park, the beach or Trapeze the swinger's club with two foot-long guys.

RSA responds, "I have no problem with Strong as DC" to which you gave a thumbs up.

Apparently neither reading comprehension nor humility are your strong points. It's really ok, friend. There was a time when you said you'd be fine with having Strong as DC even if you don't feel that way now.

Perhaps this will jog your noggin':

View attachment 228505

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

You said what you said.

Everyone sees it.

Just own it - it's not that hard, compadre...

I really don't care to do this all day with you....let's find a quality DC & OC and get back to rooting for our Canes.
1st off....Suck my compadre D*ck...
2nd...now we have neither, and everyone is Happy that we're possibly getting a guy who's never called plays in a CFB Defense....and spare me with Rutgers BS....I said that in November, after our so-called Defensive genius was absolutely *** raped by a so-so FSU team....It's fans like you that Love mediocrity....be sure to keep this so called receipt when we Win 6 games next yr (if we're Lucky) because of garbage *** coaching.

Advertisement
I work with the public almost everyday and run into people from all walks of life.
I spoke to a local high school coach. He’s not from a big school or a powerhouse.
Coaches love Mario. This bs narrative that is being spun by the media and dudes in here is according to him “bullsht”. People would love to work for him.

It’s also a huge culture shock. I wasn’t gonna post this Until the campineli name came up cause now it makes sense to go after someone who’s already here instead of trying to convince a small town wife to move down here.

A lot of coaches have heard too many bad things from former coaches and former players.
He said coaches don’t want to put their reputation on the line for players who are gonna be too distracted to put in the work or just plain don’t want to put in the work.
This also makes sense given how Mario appears to be recruiting talent along with character. He absolutely needs to change this narrative if that’s what is being said.

This was being said during a coaching clinic when coaches were in between sessions and conversing.

I know it’s a far cry to say that a local coach is tuned in to what top coordinators in other states are thinking. But it is a small community.

Maybe the coaches on here can verify or dispute what he said. Sometimes rumors take a life of their own and this is all bs just like half of the names being reported.
I grew up in Miami and it was pretty rough back then. I visit every now and then and I find it to be awesome. I'm older and didn't want to raise my kids there, but now, I don't get the downside of Miami except it's gotten pretty expensive and I get wages in some fields, teachers for instance, is way too low relative to the cost of living. What am I missing? Why wouldn't coaches wives want to live there? I'm being serious and asking somewhat rhetorically and not disagreeing with your post.

Reactions: DTP
1st off....Suck my compadre D*ck...
2nd...now we have neither, and everyone is Happy that we're possibly getting a guy who's never called plays in a CFB Defense....and spare me with Rutgers BS....I said that in November, after our so-called Defensive genius was absolutely *** raped by a so-so FSU team....It's fans like you that Love mediocrity....be sure to keep this so called receipt when we Win 6 games next yr (if we're Lucky) because of garbage *** coaching.

how do porsters pull receipts. how do they find them? how do they have the TIME to find them?

how do porsters pull receipts. how do they find them? how do they have the TIME to find them?
You're dealing with No-Life MFers that's why...I said what I said in Nov, after getting our teeth kicked in by FSU including our Defensive Savant Steele....Of course the Hecht Brigade will come in with their Mario inscribed Pitchforks and tell us that we didn't have enough talent, Manny left us devoid, and other BS....These MFers will go to the ends of the earth spewing BS after BS....When it's painfully obvious that everything has been a sh*tshow aside from recruiting. What good is a Top 5-7 class, when they'll recieve garbage *** development??....Get these Clowns tf outta my face.

Advertisement

I'm not completely sold on this. They won't come to Coral Gables, but they'll go to sh*thole Tuscaloosa, Sh*thole Gainesville, sh*thole Tallahassee, sh*thole Louisiana.. etc...though??...MFers making it sound like The Gables is a Crime Ridden City.

I think that is a sweeping generalization. For every guy and or his wife who wants to live in a small town somewhere, there are couples who'd rather live in an actual city----especially when making some serious coin.

Advertisement
I grew up in Miami and it was pretty rough back then. I visit every now and then and I find it to be awesome. I'm older and didn't want to raise my kids there, but now, I don't get the downside of Miami except it's gotten pretty expensive and I get wages in some fields, teachers for instance, is way too low relative to the cost of living. What am I missing? Why wouldn't coaches wives want to live there? I'm being serious and asking somewhat rhetorically and not disagreeing with your post.
the city still has a crime and drug stigma. And it’s stupid af imo.
The Midwest and small towns are flooded with meth and opiates and the teens have nothing to do there.
One of the doctors I work with is from Tulsa ok. She said most of her high school friends got caught up with meth or opiates. She said she would rather raise her family here than back to Tulsa.
Ive gone to medical conferences where people literally ask me “do you think it’s safe for me to go on vacation there with my kids”.
I agree. It’s stupid but it still exists.

Advertisement
I'm not completely sold on this. They won't come to Coral Gables, but they'll go to sh*thole Tuscaloosa, Sh*thole Gainesville, sh*thole Tallahassee, sh*thole Louisiana.. etc...though??...MFers making it sound like The Gables is a Crime Ridden City.
You are 💯 correct. But mothers feel safe in a community they feel familiar with. A lot of people still have apprehension to moving here. That’s why it’s usually california or NY transplants.
I’ve talked about this before. Many people want to go raise their kids in “a quiet small town” and not the big city.
If I was Mario I would set up a huge coaching clinic on campus with a tour of coral gables. Have the families of these coaches come along and meet with the wives of coaches on staff.
It’s already hard enough to recruit oos players so we might as well let coaches and families see for themselves that this isn’t 1983 Miami.

I would imagine the wives of these potential coordinators and position coaches aren’t particularly excited about their husbands making 500k+ per year living in Miami surrounded by premium tail on par with the booty gifs we post here. The tropes about safety or cost of living are just excuses.

Miami is a great city for the haves; not for the have-nots.

If you have the financial means, there's less reasons NOT to come than to come. I guess if you like the small town vibe or the country, or you're on the older side and closer to retirement, Miami won't be for you. (And if you insist on proper seasons.) But, otherwise, a coach's wife, particularly age 30-50, with some cash can really live it up down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back