Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a sweeping generalization. For every guy and or his wife who wants to live in a small town somewhere, there are couples who'd rather live in an actual city----especially when making some serious coin.
Correct.
But we aren’t courting a MAC position coach to come be oc/dc.

Gables is expensive AF and the wife of the head coach at Toledo Ohio living on 5 acres may not want to move.
The private schools are also 40k a year down here. It has to be an issue.

Now idk where Candle lives but I’m just making an argument.

Advertisement
the city still has a crime and drug stigma. And it’s stupid af imo.
The Midwest and small towns are flooded with meth and opiates and the teens have nothing to do there.
One of the doctors I work with is from Tulsa ok. She said most of her high school friends got caught up with meth or opiates. She said she would rather raise her family here than back to Tulsa.
Ive gone to medical conferences where people literally ask me “do you think it’s safe for me to go on vacation there with my kids”.
I agree. It’s stupid but it still exists.
Appreciate and that's pretty much what I thought

I grew up in Miami and it was pretty rough back then. I visit every now and then and I find it to be awesome. I'm older and didn't want to raise my kids there, but now, I don't get the downside of Miami except it's gotten pretty expensive and I get wages in some fields, teachers for instance, is way too low relative to the cost of living. What am I missing? Why wouldn't coaches wives want to live there? I'm being serious and asking somewhat rhetorically and not disagreeing with your post.

Some of it is real (big city, traffic, hard to have a sense of community, etc.). Some of it is myth (Miami is the murder capital of the planet).

To a "college town" wife, they think all of these things are clear and present dangers.

You are 💯 correct. But mothers feel safe in a community they feel familiar with. A lot of people still have apprehension to moving here. That’s why it’s usually california or NY transplants.
I’ve talked about this before. Many people want to go raise their kids in “a quiet small town” and not the big city.
If I was Mario I would set up a huge coaching clinic on campus with a tour of coral gables. Have the families of these coaches come along and meet with the wives of coaches on staff.
It’s already hard enough to recruit oos players so we might as well let coaches and families see for themselves that this isn’t 1983 Miami.
I mean, at 2 million a yr, where ya gonna be living, in a Condo in Liberty City??...and Grocery shopping in Florida City??. You're minutes away from the Keys, and minutes away from Pure Luxury in countless areas. All of a sudden Coral Gables is Crime Infested??....You've got Good, and Bad wherever you go these days. @Rellyrell will tell you himself how bad things are close to USCw. To use the "Miami is a Terrible place to Live" at 2 million a yr is an absolute farce.

Advertisement
I mean, at 2 million a yr, where ya gonna be living, in a Condo in Liberty City??...and Grocery shopping in Florida City??. You're minutes away from the Keys, and minutes away from Pure Luxury in countless areas. All of a sudden Coral Gables is Crime Infested??....You've got Good, and Bad wherever you go these days. @Rellyrell will tell you himself how bad things are close to USCw. To use the "Miami is a Terrible place to Live" at 2 million a yr is an absolute farce.
people just don’t get out much and they make up excuses to stay inside their comfy little confines

You go **** near anywhere in the country and if you’re poor you’re in deep **** and if you’re doing well financially you’re living in a different world

I'm not completely sold on this. They won't come to Coral Gables, but they'll go to sh*thole Tuscaloosa, Sh*thole Gainesville, sh*thole Tallahassee, sh*thole Louisiana.. etc...though??...MFers making it sound like The Gables is a Crime Ridden City.

Lots of those hillbillies (and their hillbilly wives) don't know the difference between Gables and Miami. That's just reality.

Advertisement
I rep 305 all day. I know how good it is to live here with bread. ****, even without bread.
But most people just hear Miami and shut it down as if they have to ride with the windows rolled up and doors locked.
I was actually going to say that Riley will probably have a hard time selling coaches to come to SoCal as well.

You don’t have to convince me. If I was a coach and Mario called I would drop everything and get my boat trailered to Matheson Hammock asap!!!

Meme Leaving GIF by MOODMAN

Correct.
But we aren’t courting a MAC position coach to come be oc/dc.

Gables is expensive AF and the wife of the head coach at Toledo Ohio living on 5 acres may not want to move.
The private schools are also 40k a year down here. It has to be an issue.

Now idk where Candle lives but I’m just making an argument.
^ agree with this

everyone assumes that people want to live in coral gables and near the water but reality is the vast majority of people would probably like to live in a quieter town with way less traffic, better schools, more land, way less expensive, nicer people, etc. the list goes on

Advertisement
Yea nobody got time for that lol
if things stay the same as last year with mario keeping it under wraps, the coordinator hires are going to break on twitter so this probably isn't the best place for news

if things stay the same as last year with mario keeping it under wraps, the coordinator hires are going to break on twitter so this probably isn't the best place for news
Yea everyone who has sources have been wrong about the coaching hires it seems

Advertisement
Miami is a great city for the haves; not for the have-nots.

If you have the financial means, there's less reasons NOT to come than to come. I guess if you like the small town vibe or the country, or you're on the older side and closer to retirement, Miami won't be for you. (And if you insist on proper seasons.) But, otherwise, a coach's wife, particularly age 30-50, with some cash can really live it up down here.
What city in the US is great for the have nots? Especially major international cities

To recap...

Connections to MC:
Charlie Strong - Miami LB Coach (Currently on Staff)
Anthony Campinile - Dolphins LB Coach (Allegedly Interviewed in 2022)
Geoff Collins - Unemployed/Former HC Georgia Tech (Worked with MC at FIU)
Charlie Partridge - AHC/DL Coach Pitt (MC has expressed interest previously)
Tim DeRuyter - DC Texas Tech (Worked w/ MC at Oregon)
Jim Leavitt - DC SMU (Worked w/ MC at Oregon)
Derrick Ansley - DB Coach Chargers (On staff together w/ MC at Alabama 2016)
Brian Williams - DC Maryland (Offered a position last year, but got a promotion and stayed at Maryland)
Doug Belk - DC Houston (UM alleged interest in 2022)
Aazar Abdul-Rahim - AHC/DB Coach BC (On staff together at Alabama 2015)

No Connections to MC:
Jim Leonard - Unemployed/Former DC Wisconsin
Jon Sumrall - HC Troy
Joe Gillespe - DC TCU
Kurt Maddix - DC SDSU
Travis Williams - DC Arkansas
David Reeves - DC UAB
Tem Labaku - DC BC (Greg Schiano Tree)
Joe Rossi - DC Minnesota
Danny Gonzales - HC New Mexico (Rocky Long 3-3-5 disciple)
Trent Bray - DC Oregon State

Random Names that have popped up:
Brian Flores - Steelers Def. Coach
Jason Taylor - Current Analyst, Never Called Plays in College
Jeremy Pruitt - Has a Show/Cause w/ NCAA, likely un-hirable.
Glenn Schuman - He's not taking a lateral position IMHO.
Ed Reed - Come on Guys
Phil Parker - DC Iowa, He's been with the Hawkeyes since 1999...
Clint Hurtt - DC Seahawks, just got promoted last year

1st off....Suck my compadre D*ck...
2nd...now we have neither, and everyone is Happy that we're possibly getting a guy who's never called plays in a CFB Defense....and spare me with Rutgers BS....I said that in November, after our so-called Defensive genius was absolutely *** raped by a so-so FSU team....It's fans like you that Love mediocrity....be sure to keep this so called receipt when we Win 6 games next yr (if we're Lucky) because of garbage *** coaching.
1st off...No thanks. I'm straight and have a lovely wife who takes great care of me. Thanks for the offer though.

2nd...it's fans like me that like mediocrity? Seriously? I've been a fan since 1981. I love the Canes. They're the one sports team I care about and the one team I follow.

I want what you want - a team that will compete for championships year after year. And for that - I'd want the best possible OC & DC, and staff.

How you twisted anything that I said is once again, a very convenient and juvenile projection.

Because once again, you seem incapable of acknowledging what started this regrettable thread derailment in the first place:

A poster called you out for hating on Charlie Strong as a DC since you'd been advocating for Strong as DC as little as 2 months ago. You denied you ever said that so I kindly reminded you of the fact. And it took me literally 3 minutes to find those "receipts".

You could have manned up and owned it. Instead, you did what you always do in every single freaking thread on this board - deflect, deny, accuse, insult, and inevitably tell someone to suck your **** or **** themselves. I know...next you'll want to meet at the Titanic. Because you're sooooo freaking tough and strong.

All because you just can't admit EVER that you're wrong.

It's sad actually. Good night and Go Canes.

Being that I’m familiar & intimate w/ both Miami & USC’s campuses, give me Coral Gables 1,000/1,000.

Literally SC was nicknamed University of South Central. It wasn’t just b/c the crack epidemic was in the heart of USC’s backyard, an epidemic that left unmitigated lasting devastation, but there was a time SC’s team was comprised of students from that area, so the fans were primarily residents from there.

Mind u, the immediate surrounding areas have become more & more gentrified, but its homeless crisis is grand central less than a mile away & it’s a vast stretch of that.

Yet, u don’t see parents shying away from sending their kids there. Lol. That excuse regarding Miami is just that, an excuse. Parents have zero problems sending their kids to a racist infested area, as long as the check clears & their baby is being seen on Sundays.

It’s one of the oldest excuses just to say, “nah, I don’t wanna come to ur school.” If u’re making $2m/yr, I can guarandamntee u ain’t living no where in the urban legend hoods of Miami! FOH. At $2m/yr, u r in that 1% category, & Idgaf if ur school is in Miami, Los Angeles, NOLA, Atlanta, Detroit, etc., ur residence will be in an exclusive neighborhood & ur minor kids will be receiving some of the best private school education in the nation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back