Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I think Steele is a historically good DC, but he definitely felt like a stop-gap here.
Possibly u could be right, I'm willing to give it another go. I felt like the talent was bad bad bad bad with some spots good but not enough. Teams had things they could take advantage of and I felt like there were many spots I would go after on the D. Anyone DJ covered Blades etc Flagg etc.

I don't love Steele but would be a tough look in the coaching circles/media if Mario fired both of his hand picked coordinators after one year. Steele's also been on recruiting trips with Mario so I'd say it's a lock he is back.
One more year of steele and then he retires I bet

Advertisement
Bruh what we had on defense was mostly the result of horrific recruiting. I mean just look at our linebackers from last year. You know I don’t bash players, but we have to be honest, the talent level was barely G5. All thanks to Manny Diaz subpar recruiting.
The recruiting was terrible but people thought it was elite and it wasn't. It was players teams could attack easily.

The recruiting was terrible but people thought it was elite and it wasn't. It was players teams could attack easily.

A lot of this is that there are some big differences between some four-stars and other four-stars. It seems like we were getting all the borderline 4-stars. Bad evaluations, bad recruiting, low end talent, possibly more than a few low character individuals, that other teams with better evaluations were staying away from. That’s just part of it.

A lot of this is that there are some big differences between some four-stars and other four-stars. It seems like we were getting all the borderline 4-stars. Bad evaluations, bad recruiting, low end talent, possibly more than a few low character individuals, that other teams with better evaluations were staying away from. That’s just part of it.
Then they say it's the "food in bama" that's so incorrect. It's the evaluations period end of story. They leave the four stars to the rest while they get the four stars that are possibly 5 stars in reality.

Advertisement
You guys are funny. Not defending Steele.

Facts are that the defense was on the field too **** much last year because our offense kept them out there. Every defense progressively wears down every game and as the season goes on when their offense does nothing.

I think Miami has had a problem with poor evaluations going all the way back to the Shannon era, continued under Golden, I feel like it was slightly better during Richt’s brief tenure, then regressed again under Diaz. I always look at Harbaugh at Michigan who I believe is a great talent evaluator. They don’t recruit at the same level as OSU, Bama, or Georgia but they have an eye for talent and maximize their potential.

I don't know if I can blame Steele for kids flat out getting toasted on go routes. To me alot of it was players cause Kam got AA under Steele.

The best safety in America was responsible for many of those big plays. It’s why we were surprised he was named AA. Those plays took our attention away from how awesome he was when he wasn’t giving up big plays being to aggressive.

His lack of discipline had us in what were effectively cover 0 defenses but without the jailbreak blitz.

We have to learn how to play effectively as a unit because we gave up too many plays even with a great talent like Kam.

If Steele goes to Bama, my top 5:

1. Kevin Kane (although he already took a job with Purdue, so unlikely)
2. Corey Batoon
3. Shiel Wood
4. Kurt Mattix
5. Spencer Danielson

I would also take a long shot at Marquand Manuel, but I don’t think he’s even interested in coaching college.

Advertisement

2. Corey Batoon
3. Shiel Wood
4. Kurt Mattix
5. Spencer Danielson

I would also take a long shot at Marquand Manuel, but I don’t think he’s even interested in coaching college.
At this point and with how long Mario takes to make a hire, I think you’d be looking at Strong with DVD going on field.

2. Corey Batoon
3. Shiel Wood
4. Kurt Mattix
5. Spencer Danielson

****, blast from the past.

had no idea Marquand was a coach! I remember that dude as a recruit and being bummed we didn’t sign him.

Advertisement

2. Corey Batoon
3. Shiel Wood
4. Kurt Mattix
5. Spencer Danielson

5 star names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back