Coaching DC Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My only problem with Steele is his lack scheming for running quarterbacks and not making the corners play physical in press all season.

We were super undisciplined in zone and it hurt us, but I think he could have simplified it. He left to many decisions in cover 3 and our guys made mistakes. I wouldn’t leave anything to chance after seeing that. I wouldn’t alternate the SS and FS coming up or down based on motion. I would have the FS deep and SS underneath, period. I wouldn’t let the nickel and corner chose who to pick up. The corner goes deep and the nickel plays underneath.

Kam being too aggressive hurt us in some key situations. The problem with getting coaches from SEC programs is they try to do what they did with those players and struggle to adjust to less talent. Gattis and Steele fell victim to this stubbornness. We saw it from Richt too. Mario seems to be on the same path but to his credit, he is aggressively upgrading the talent.

This is why I am not against trying coordinators from lower levels. With a recruiter like Mario, having coordinators who know how to adjust to talent deficiencies would be game changing.

Advertisement
Steele ain’t impress me last year. Gave up too many big plays

Advertisement
I don't know if I can blame Steele for kids flat out getting toasted on go routes. To me alot of it was players cause Kam got AA under Steele.

Either way, there’s no indication he’s going anywhere. Anything can happen so you can never rule anything out, but I haven’t heard one hint that he’s leaving, retiring, or getting canned.

We had highsmith and kacy rodgers back there before. Even they didn’t give up that many plays
I don't deny that. When you trot guys like Ivey, Blades, Couch, Caleb Johnson, Avante and James Williams out there don't expect many good things to happen. Steele was given a bunch of ****** football players.

Advertisement
I don't deny that. When you trot guys like Ivey, Blades, Couch, Caleb Johnson, Avante and James Williams out there don't expect many good things to happen. Steele was given a bunch of ****** football players.

Do you feel we are currently more or less talented on D than last season?

Advertisement
You guys making excuses for Steele but I didn’t see the same energy for Gerdis… both should be gone

Do you feel we are currently more or less talented on D than last season?
Can't answer that question now. I want to see who else we grab from the portal/high school recruits that are left unsigned.

We need more at S, DL, another LB and CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back