DBC offered NIL deal from Ruiz

Of course, Mr. Ruiz can give any amount of his money to anyone he chooses. Friends, strangers, etc. But, are payments like this one to Danny really "NIL"? I thought NIL money was for students enrolled at a college or university where their public profile/recognition was deemed to be worth some level of monetary value/compensation.
No its not NIL like that. its a payment for marketing.

Advertisement
I’ll admit I used to be annoyed by DBC & took joy in laughing at the chit he said. But I believe it was @OriginalCanesCanesCanes that highlighted how something was wrong w/ the guy, and as I started seeing his behaviors, including how he interpreted jokes, yeah, it became obvious. I believe he’s on a spectrum, and I was an a-hole for participating in clowning him.

I’m glad he’s getting his roses.

Advertisement
I’ll admit I used to be annoyed by DBC & took joy in laughing at the chit he said. But I believe it was @OriginalCanesCanesCanes that highlighted how something was wrong w/ the guy, and as I started seeing his behaviors, including how he interpreted jokes, yeah, it became obvious. I believe he’s on a spectrum, and I was an a-hole for participating in clowning him.

And high character for owning it.

No surprise what it further says about you.

Good man.

Danny stay winning. Clowning him about bear attacks and dumb shiit. Look at you hating *** ninjas now. Danny about to buy out ya mom's house and leave the bish homeless. 😂 Good for him if true.
Ummm…nobody’s buying any kind of house for 12k a year. Well, maybe a doll house

Advertisement

Same here. I used to participate in mocking him, until a few years ago, the light went off for a bunch of people including myself, that he was just different in the way he reacted to the world outside of him.

I’m not a psychological expert, nor am I an expert on autism or any of the other disorders that are possible, and I’m not even saying he has any of those, but he is “different“ and it’s not a shtick - it’s just the way he is. Honestly, the kind of mocking that went on was cruel, and I did a little bit of it myself.

I am of the belief now that the guy is 100% genuine, take him or leave him, he may not always be right, he may even have a wildly optimistic imagination, but that’s who he is.

God bless him.

Advertisement
Same here. I used to participate in mocking him, until a few years ago, the light went off for a bunch of people including myself, that he was just different in the way he reacted to the world outside of him.

I’m not a psychological expert, nor am I an expert on autism or any of the other disorders that are possible, and I’m not even saying he has any of those, but he is “different“ and it’s not a shtick - it’s just the way he is. Honestly, the kind of mocking that went on was cruel, and I did a little bit of it myself.

I am of the belief now that the guy is 100% genuine, take him or leave him, he may not always be right, he may even have a wildly optimistic imagination, but that’s who he is.

God bless him.

Agreed, 100%!

Ummm…nobody’s buying any kind of house for 12k a year. Well, maybe a doll house
One deal leads to another and leads to another. Bottom line is, y'all hated on him and kept his name in your mouths and now he is about to leave you jokers behind. Never liked the treatment of DBC. Let the man live and mind your business if you don't like him. Dude is a canes fan through and through and ***boys with no lives themselves got off on picking on a guy who was just doing what he loves and that's talking about the canes. He wasn't even paid for it...until now. I think dissing is all fun and good as long as there is give and take on both sides like on this message board. But when someone like him says to stop, and he isn't looking for conflict like that, you stop and move on. To keep escalating it is pure sucker shiit to me. Good for him getting paid. I'm happy for dude.

Advertisement
Often enough it's the jokester(s) who has to realize the joke has gone too far, and sometimes, that it should never have been made.

The internet is a messed up place, but let's remember we're all Canes fans here and back off the guy.

DBC is my hero. When you survive two bear attacks, COVID-19 before the vaccines, and all of the other maladies, along with the constant ridicule......and you still winning the game. He's my hero!

No its not NIL like that. its a payment for marketing.
Understand, but many seem to believe it is a form of NIL payment. Wonder exactly what DBC will be marketing and what form that will take.

Also, as a separate topic, I could see some players having some potential "problems" with tax forms and filings. Will our AD take that on for them?

Advertisement
Back